main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Lightsaber building party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoijaRisa, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    OK. Here's my plan:

1:00 - Meet up at my place and give everyone a bit of time to show up.
    1:30 - I'll (hopefully) have some of my previous sabers to show off and explain parts.
    2:00 - Field Trip to hardware store.
    3:00 - Be back and start assembling.
    7:00 - Food!

Things to bring:
    Clothes you don't mind getting dirty: We'll be grinding through metal, plastic, using glues, painting, etc....
    Money: Expect to spend no more than $20. Some stuff comes in huge chunks (like PVC pipe) that I've bought before and have extra of, so you can save money there. Space and tools are free.
    Snacks if you want them: Munchies are good (and so is sharing).

Directions
    1. Take I-44 into Webster.
    2. Get off at the Elm exit going North (if you see baseball fields you went the wrong way).
    3. At Big Bend take a left to go West (there will be a gas station at the corner).
    4. Go 2 blocks. As Big Bend curves left to go over the railroad tracks, take a right onto Gore (there will be a pink building called "Art of Entertaining" at this intersection).
    5. Got 2 blocks. On the left (and only the left) will be Waverly Pl. The street sign is partially obscured by a hedge. Look for the "No Outlet" sign at the entrance as well as the green and yellow fire hydrant. If you hit Jackson, you went too far. Take a left on Waverly.
    6. The last driveway on the left (house 114) is my place.

Guests are welcome. If you can't find a babysitter for the kids, bring them. We've got plenty of movies to keep them entertained.

2. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Finally dug all my old lightsabers I'd built out of storage.

It looks like I have several partially completed ones I never really intend on finishing, so if anyone really wants one and doesn't have the money, there may be parts sitting around you could use. ;)

3. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Sounds like fun Jon, I am glad you added me to the list. I think I will come since there will be no one here. I have mine done, but maybe you can help me figure out if I really want to put a board in it, and all the bells and whistles. :D

I can bring munchies, anything else you need?

4. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    If anyone has a visual dictionary or other sources with pictures of lightsabers, it might be good to have something for inspiration.

5. Imperial_Sniper

Imperial_Sniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    soooo, what if one were to come who doesn't specifically wish to make a light-saber but was more than willing to help others build theirs? s'at ok?

6. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I have the dictionary's... :D

7. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    That's cool too.

Also, if anyone has an extra Dremmel or cordless drill, that would be much appreciated as well.

8. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I do have a ryobi (dremmel knock off), but I can't seem to find all the pieces to it. Ugh!
    Will have to look now. I do have a cordless drill too though.

9. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    awesome, not that i wouldn't love to have a saber, but i'm pretty happy with my two store broughts... oh, and I too, have a dremmel and cordless drill, or at least, i've access to them :)

10. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    If you can, bring them along.

Also, incase anyone gets lost, my cell is (314)503-2988.

11. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    hey I will be coming from Bally's gym on watson. Best route for me?

12. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    1. Take Watson to Elm Ave (There's a Walgreens and a new Steak & Shake being built at the intersection).
    2. Head North on Elm (North being the side that the Walgreens and Steak & Shake are on, South is E's Pizza and a gas station iirc) to Big Bend.
    3. At Big Bend take a left to go West (there will be a gas station at the corner).
    4. Go 2 blocks. As Big Bend curves left to go over the railroad tracks, take a right onto Gore (there will be a pink building called "Art of Entertaining" at this intersection).
    5. Got 2 blocks. On the left (and only the left) will be Waverly Pl. The street sign is partially obscured by a hedge. Look for the "No Outlet" sign at the entrance as well as the green and yellow fire hydrant with a red top. If you hit Jackson, you went too far. Take a left on Waverly.
    6. The last driveway on the left (house 114) is my place.

NOTE TO EVERYONE COMING: THERE IS A CAR IN THE DRIVEWAY WITH LISCENCE PLATE "JANE24"

13. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    As an additional note: I again encourage everyone to stay for food. I'm making Swedish Meatballs for anyone that sticks around.

This is my single best recipe which will not be shared. So come try it while you have the chance ;)

14. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    I want to say thank you for VoijaRisa
    , for being a wonderful host and mostly building my saber.
    Thank you so much for the great time.

15. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    You guys missed Jon whipping out his giant....

Telescope.[face_laugh] Thanks for dinner and everything, Jon. And I never knew that a hammock could provide so many hours of entertainment. Thank goodness!

16. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks for your help with Shaak Ti Jon and for the super yummy swedish meatballs!

17. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    :_| my most complete and sincere apologies for not attending, i couldn't make it, for my sister had my mother and over to watch the newborn as she had to do some chores, and after that, i was up in columbia visiting my cousin, from which we went to bristol ren-faire in wisconson, and i only now got back... soo, i've been a busy lil' trooper... many many wishes that i could've attended though... i will deffinately try for the august meeting.

18. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    Well we missed you my friend.
    You missed a real good dinner too.
    I am just happy you had a nice time away.

Now anout those plans to make a working saber with a flashlight.....................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.