main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LI'L JEDI - DV SHORT

Discussion in 'Archive: Hong Kong' started by darthkatan, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthkatan

darthkatan Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2001
    Wishing that you could see more Asians in Star Wars Fan Films? Look no furthur! Surf over to www.teknomage.com and check out Li'l Jedi. It's a short I made with my nephews, a Canon GL-1, and a Mac.
    Enjoy!

DK

2. slimjedi

slimjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2002
    GL doesn't like Asians.

3. messwalker

messwalker Jedi Master star 1

Sep 14, 2002
    I guess GL did like Japanese...
    He is kind of pay attendtion on the Japanese market...

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    GL doesn't like Asians.

As he didn't have much in his movies? ?[face_plain] I assume it's because not many professional actors applied to be in it in the first place and he didn't do the filming in the Asia region (filming area=can get cheaper labour).

He is kind of pay attendtion on the Japanese market...

Haahaa, because most things will sell in Japan! [face_laugh] Have you seen what kind of stuffs are being sold in their supermarket? Fortune Plant (will give your fortune reading once the seed sprout), Nose Sharpener (just pinch that peg on your nose!), miracle sponge, etc etc.

5. darthkatan

Dec 20, 2001
    GL may not use Asians in front of the camera, but he sure uses us BEHIND the camera. Don't forget that Doug Chiang's incredible designs are all over Eps.1&II and will be on III.

Still would like to see an Asian in a major role for the last one. I heard a rumor during the production of Ep.II that they were talking about getting Jet Li to play Jango Fett. Of course that never happened, but imagine the possibilities!

DK

6. messwalker

messwalker Jedi Master star 1

Sep 14, 2002
    Don't you know that DOUG CHIANG has left ILM already and will not participate in the production of EP3....
    Too bad.......
    But when you see the credit on TPM, you will see there are some chinese name showing up... some of the last name sounds like HK people.....

7. darthkatan

Dec 20, 2001
    Wow,
    Didn't know about D. Chiang! Kind of hard to believe that someone would bail on doing a Star Wars film. But I guess when you're that talented, you want to do some stuff for yourself that won't be owned by GL and Lucasfilm.

DK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.