main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Forum Project: Help with Timetales.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    There was no arguement involved: I was right, and I'm sure that Mavrick has since looked up the relevent pages in the Wookiee World collection. Mavrick is a very intelligent individual; he wouldn't argue with me if he knew better. ;)

TC

2. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Hey, hey, no arguement there. I completely forgot about Lando being in that issue.

3. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    See, there you have it! ;)

TC

4. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Here we are again: the Fall '04 .doc file is up. Download to your heart's content. :)

5. DarthNoctambulus

DarthNoctambulus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    FYI, I've downloaded it just to find the Summer '04 edition. :(

6. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Same here.

7. DarthNoctambulus

Feb 24, 2003
    Okay: try with this link, it works. I supposed it was again a matter of case-sensitivity. :p

You owe me one. ;)

8. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Good to have a new updated.

Was a bit worried after reading the notes that came with it cause it would seem strange if Timetales suddenly stopped abruptly.

9. Dolphin_Jedi

Dolphin_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2004
    Does anyone know when the next version of Timetales will be released?

10. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    Hopefully in the next week, if I can manage it. If not, it may be a few months (I'm moving to Orlando FL at the end of the week).

11. Dolphin_Jedi

Nov 28, 2004
    I live in Orlando! ;)

12. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    I look forward to meeting you then, Allison. :)

OK, I'm almost ready. I still have to summarize "Boba Fett: Pursuit," then I'll upload the new .doc file right before I go -- either tomorrow or Friday.

13. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    Sorry folks, the update's gonna have to wait until after the move (and I have internet service again). It's totally out of my control. :(

14. DarthNoctambulus

Feb 24, 2003
  15. Dolphin_Jedi

Nov 28, 2004
  16. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I've made an extensive update to the web site on Lostworlds. If you guys are working on an update to Timetales, you may want to update the Lostworlds Appendix too.

Star Wars: Lostworlds

17. Snaggletooth_Dreams

Snaggletooth_Dreams Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    When will the next version of Timetales be released???

18. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    Okay, here?s how things currently stand:

I?m living at my grandma?s place in south Orlando, sleeping on the couch and working mornings at Winn-Dixie to get by. I?m using a 56K laptop to get online (which isn?t often at all); my computer, along with all my Star Wars stuff, is locked up in a U-Haul storage bin and buried under a ton of furniture. We?re waiting to close on a new house (mid-January at earliest), at which point I?ll hopefully be able to get Timetales up and running again. Since my move coincided with the revamp of TFN, I have no ftp access info.

Thanks to some controversial comments he made in the Senate Forum area, my co-writer Michael Potts has been permanently banned from the Jedi Council forum. Until I get a new email address, I have no contact with him, nor he with me. What this will mean for the site?s future, I don?t know.

So the answer to when Timetales will be updated is: Not any time soon. :(

19. Snaggletooth_Dreams

Dec 22, 2004
    Sorry to hear this, hope you are back up and running online again very soon!

Timetales needs to live, it is a vital resource to us fans!

20. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Curiousity over Nightowl's comments led me to look up just what he meant.

I now remember why I don't bother posting in the Senate-class forum. :(

Nightowl, it's a pity you can't sell Timetales, eh? It'd be interesting to see on the market, a compendium of such scale.

21. Snaggletooth_Dreams

Dec 22, 2004
    It would be great to see Timetales published!

Yes, from what I have seen in my short time here, the Senate forum doesn't like freedom of speech, though, opinion or expression. If you display thought that is against the 'norm', you either have your topic locked, or you are banned.

So much for a free society.

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Nightowl, it's a pity you can't sell Timetales, eh? It'd be interesting to see on the market, a compendium of such scale.

It would be great to see Timetales published!

If I remember correctly, there was a post in which one of the authors had said that an EU book had placed some events in the chronological time that Timetales had first set, so in an indirect way, part of Timetales did become official.

One day, I?m going to print out Timetales, hard-bind each section and put it with the other Starwars and Lord of the Rings material I have. I?ve got some starwars books but Timetales will always be the most complete Starwars source, because it?s got summaries of everything.

I?ve been following it for many years now, and I like how each era has expanded ? the Old Republic era especially, with the Knights of the Old Republic game blended into the stories.

23. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Nightowl banned? Can someone PM the details to me?

Might I suggest moving TimeTales from TF.N if both of the authors can't even use the TF.N message boards?

24. Nightowl

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm obviously not banned, or I wouldn't be speaking to you! :) I just don't have much access to the internet anymore, and I won't until we finally close on our new house and I can get my computer out of U-Haul hell. Right now I'm on a laptop at my Uncle Bobby's; probably won't be back online for a couple of days.

25. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    thought I'd give this thread a little bump, seeing as how we haven't heard anything on the TimeTales front in quite a while. I know you guys have stuff going on, so let us know if you need any sort of help with the project. TimeTales rocks and so do you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.