main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Live Star Wars Chat and Dinner

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Just a thought on a topic for a future meeting. A topic for creative speculation. What else went on during the movies? Yoda getting ready to meet Luke? Vader's first meeting with Lando?

2. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Well...I don't foresee Yoda doing anything special prior to his meeting with Luke. Way I see it, Yoda started testing Skywalker's eligibility requirements the minute he pitched into Dagobah's muck. Before that? Um...communing with the icky lifeforms? :)

And Vader meeting Lando? Well...if the overwhelming Stormtroopers and Star Destroyers weren't enough to convince Lando to lend a hand, Vader may have demonstrated the choke hold on Lando to, well, motivate the guy. In fact, you can see proof of this in ESB...

It was after Solo got iced...or rather, carbonited. :) After Vader's line about "altering the bargain", Lando brought a hand to his throat. That may have been a reminder of "the first time", so to speak.

Just my two cents, but all speculation. :)

- Johnny

3. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I don't know man...I think if Lando got the Force choke put on him he wouldn't have been so snippy ("That was never a condition of our agreement, nor was giving Han to this bounty hunter!!") But Lando did know to not take it any further than that, that's for sure.

4. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Only to be reminded of his snippiness with Vader's followup line: "Perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly?" :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.