main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Live What You Learn-AU Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC Complete 8/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashes

Ashes Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2003
    OE! That was almost too perfect!!!

Way to play with my emotions - I want Ei'n and Tamir together now, dammit! And that even after all the good he's done Ei'n still can't forgive himself. :_| Truely in his character - hopefully Tamir can out stubborn him and become his apprentice.

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I've been so bad about replying, and I was going to do a chapter-by-chapter thing, but this is easier and more to the point.

Oh, wow.

Loved the reunion between Eitan and Anakin, and what especially got me was the book of Corellian poetry Anakin gave him. You ever flip through even a brand-new paperback like it was decades old, or take the jacket off a hardcover and just read the book without it? I do, so I really loved that moment.

Kiran's staunch defense of Eitan's actions, very nice. :cool: And yes, I have to kick Obi-Wan a few times for still taking forever to trust Eitan, LOL. I know Anakin isn't always the best judge of character, but this was before the Chancellor had time to influence him - if Anakin loved and trusted Eitan, Obi-Wan should have respected that, and he did. But he was such a dolt about it sometimes. :p

Eimir mush! [face_love] I love it and can't get enough of it! :D I kept wondering how Anakin would react to the news of Tamir, and so far he's taking it like it's no big deal, which is awesome. His little brother Tamir, heehee. And that kid is just adorable.

Sometimes Eitan reminds me of Obi-Wan, in that he takes so much of the guilt and responsibility for himself. The fact that Vos had a hand in Master Majid's death, thus resulting in a lot of the pain he's carrying around, means nothing to him - he should've stopped Vos. But he needs to realise that the burden of guilt is not his! :_| I don't think he will just yet, but I believe he'll gradually let it go once he starts to let go of Majid's death. And Xan's, too - clearly he's not completely over that. :D He seems like a very lonely person, but now he's got someone to always be by his side. [face_love]

The Jedi aren't all dead, weeeee! Saesee Tinn is a great pilot, he should be worthy of redemption. :p

I really like what you did with this story. We all thought Eitan was going to be the bad guy, because it looked so obvious in the beginning, but then you did *points to previous pages of thread* all that, and jeezum crow! (to steal a line from LE - or rather, the cop who saw her Ewan-adorned bedroom :D ) I can't wait for the end, because it just means that the Eimir story will be coming that much sooner. [face_dancing]

3. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Maybe Anakin can talk Eitan into giving himself and Tamir a chance at a master/padawan relationship. Somehow, I think Anakin's words and belief in Eitan would have more of an effect than the Council's. :)

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    OE Had to laugh at this. You know I think I'm getting kind of used to old Jinny boy. My job here is complete :D

As for beginnings of the wrap-up, I liked that Eiten realized that Anakin belongs with Obi-Wan and that he was very kind to Anakin about it.

He's certainly taking on too much guilt. He reminds me of a certain tall, good-looking stubborn Master that ignored the will of the Force and rejected a bond with a ginger-haired boy. Hope he isn't going to be as foolish as Jinn and wait until Tamir has to try and blow himself up before he accepts him! Good job. Looking forward to Eiten and Tamir's discussion.

5. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    He reminds me of a certain tall, good-looking stubborn Master that ignored the will of the Force and rejected a bond with a ginger-haired boy.

Yes, Xanatos can be rather hard-headed and single-minded at times. But not so much that he can't work in a little bonding time with Obi-Wan. [face_love]

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ahhhh- he needs to have a cute little tag-along like Tamir. Who else will keep him out of trouble?

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    That was sweeet!! Great! I am happy that Eitan realizes that Obi and Ani belong together. But it is sad... cuz he did love the kid.

Now with Tamir... poor kid! How is Eitan gonna tell the kid off? :( Hopefully he doesn't take it to serious... we could be seeing another broken heart like Obi was when Qui didn't want to take him on. Those two will be together ;) the Force has placed their paths before them! hehehehe But it is ultimately up to Eitan naturally. With the kid still being young... perhaps another couple years out in the filed (Eitan) he'll get his action fix and then take on Tamir. ;)

Loved the lil speach that Mace gave to Obi about how Qui would have been proud of him. That was soooo heartfelt!!

Great work!! :D :D

8. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I loved the reunion between Obi-Wan and Yoda and Mace. :)

Eitan is acting a bit like Qui-Gon at the moment trying to ignore the training bond. I have a feeling he will come to his senses though. :D

9. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Looking forward to the 'explanation' Eitan gives to Tamir. ;) He's a softie underneath. [face_love]

That was so touching the conversation between Mace and Obi-Wan. 'Qui-Gon would be proud' Just perfect, that's exactly what he needed to hear. :)

By the way, just show me the story with Eitan in it, and I'm there! ;)

10. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    There is a mess to clean up after the overthrow. With the council back in order it will just take time for life to settle down at the Temple.

It?s still a hard time for Obi-Wan and Eitan. The changes are fast but I was glad Eitan was accepted for all the good he did. His guilt over his original actions would run deep. I hope little Tamir can touch him enough to break through his fears and guilt. His acceptance of Anakin belonging with Obi-Wan was noble. Eitan?s own feelings of worth are the wrong reasons for that. :(

Great post showing all the strong and caring feelings that would follow. There is a lot of adjustment needed by all. :) Eitan still has many looking out for him, now we may just need a big stick to get him to listen. :D

I also enjoyed Mace?s heartfelt words to Obi-Wan. It was perfect.

11. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    That was so good! You've tied everything up so nicely. I suppose it was a formality to question who would finish Anakin's training - he does belong with Obi-Wan. And Timir belongs with Eitan - now to get the big lug to see it. He is reminding me of Qui here (gasp!) :D

You've done a wonderful job with this - your conclusions very well done and quite plausible. You spin a fine tale - and I often hate to see your fics end. Can't wait for the final post - and do tell us what your plans are next :)

--shan

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    birdy Aw! Don't cry. This isn't the last you'll see of Ei'n. I do think poor Tamir is going to have a battle on his hands. :(

Jade Nice to see you again, even if you did wait till the very end! :p Eitan may find that he doesn't enjoy being alone so much anymore. :_|

Bekah Anakin may help Tair deal with what's to come. :(

Diane Don't go getting all excited! I said kinda . :D And how dare you compare my Eitan to Jinn? :p

Jade hehe! [face_laugh]

PK I have this bad feeling that's telling me Eitan is in for a load more trouble. [face_worried]

Kynstar The talk may not end quite the way Eitan intends for it too. :eek:

Sheila Another person accusing Eitan of being like Jinn! Sacrilege! :D

tangled_sphere I wanted Obi and Mace to have a moment to re-connect. :) And I plan to hold you to that missy! ;)

Altaira Things will be changing for everyone involved. Once again I want to take a minute to thank you for going out of your way to create such beautiful artwork for me. Eitan seems more alive to me know than ever before. [:D] For those of you who haven't checked out the first page of this thread lately, there is new coverart up that she made for this story. :) You're so wonderfully creative my dear and I can't thank you enough! [face_love]

Shan What can I say to you my dear? Some of my favorite stories have grown out of the bunnies you've fed me over on your thread. Thank you for helping me out so much with this story especially when I was stuck. I hope I did the bunny justice. Future plans? Try to kick Shaindl into gear with PMA. :p

Big [:D] and [face_love] to each and everyone of you. Those who replied and those who have just lurked. It means so much to know that my writing is enjoyed. Thank you all for coming along once again.

For those interested ( [-o| ) Eitan's journey will continue in the second story in the Learning Series . It will be my first attempt at writing a story with all original characters. [face_worried] First post will be up probably Thursday and the title is Learning To See . I hope to see you all there. :)

EPILOGUE

Time, some believed, could heal all wounds, whether they be physical or mental. Jedi in particular were taught from a young age not to dwell on the past. The Force willed that particular events happen for a reason and should be accepted for what they were. Learn from them and move on. It was a lesson that the Order as a whole was becoming very familiar with.

Eitan repeated that litany to himself as he stood and watched the young master and apprentice approach. Released from their probation period, Obi-Wan and Anakin were prepared to take off on their first mission since returning to the Order. Both looked relaxed and eager to get their feet wet once again. Seeing them together brought a host of emotions to the surface, some good and some not. Eitan firmly dismissed those that had the ability to taint his relationship with the two younger men. Instead he concentrated on the pride and affection he felt for them both.

Anakin?s handsome features creased into a grin as he reached his former mentor?s side. "I?m so glad you came to see us off."

"I had to be present to bear witness to the Order?s best team departing on their maiden mission," Eitan teased with a wink that had a fleeting expression of nostalgia clouding Anakin?s features.

Obi-Wan lightly gripped his padawan?s elbow in support. He knew Anakin was thinking back on his first encounters with Eitan all those years ago. The young man was remembering a time when his former mentor was more open and willing to share a wicked sense of humor without a second thought. It seemed that man had been lost, buried under by trials that could have crushed a weaker being. The brief glimpse of what Eitan's actions had cost him was sobering.

Accepting his mentor?s comfort with a small smile of gratitude, Anakin moved forward and wrapped his arms around Eitan in a brief but heartfelt hug. Watching,

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    OE It was really quite a ride and wonderfully done. I especially enjoyed the interlude with Eiten and Tamir in this post and it does remind me of a certain.... errrr Master (cough::Jinn::cough) and his ginger-haired apprentice and some of the problems they had. Sorry, OE. But it does.... :D What goes around comes around!

Looking forward to reading the sequel. Tomorrow??

14. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh that was soo sweet! I'm glad Anakin told Tamir that! ;) What a surprise to hear something like that coming from Anakin. Patience? *snrk* hehehehe coming from the one guy who *can't* wait for anything! *Snrk!* hehehe

Great work!!! I, too will axiously wait for the sequal! You can guarantee that I'll be there :D

Awesome on what Obi told Eitan ;) About not waiting too long cuz he has been there. Oh soooo true! Obi & Qui. Great lil point there! :D

Brave and strong kid, that Tamir!

15. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I liked that Tamir was so understanding about Eitan's explanation.

I also liked the part where Obi told him from personal experience what Tamir needed.

Eagerly awaiting the sequel! :)

A vig with Eitan/Xan would neat to see. A shot of what their friendship would've been like. Whatcha think? Yes, no, maybe? :D

16. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    You. Are. Evil.

:_| You better finish this series. And no excuses of being a coward or forgetting, you old geezer!

At least Eitan acknowledges the bond, and at least he's open to the idea of taking Tamir as an apprentice. Unlike a certain Jedi Master who was adamantly opposed to it *ahem diane* :D I think Eitan just needs a couple of missions alone to realise that it really sucks not having someone to cover his back. :D

And I loved that Tamir ordered him to be careful. [face_love]

I now wait eagerly for Thursday. [face_dancing]

EDIT: LOL, Bekah! You have no idea how much we (Birdy and I) keep pestering her to write a vig. Then again, we tell her to write lots of things, and she never listens. Hmmm, now why is that...? :p

17. Ashes

Ashes Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2003
    Old Lady! You're making us wait 'til Thurs? :( Evil - thy name is OE.

Somehow, I think I'm gunna like Tamir almost as much as I love Ei'n... hopefully he comes back for Tamir soon.

Thanks for sharing this gem with us! I can't wait for the sequel!

18. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Wonderful ending oe. I enjoyed this story very much, you are becoming very adept at creating OC's. See you at the new story. :)

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOW! Okay, once more for emphasis...WOW! This one just screams out for a sequel! Eitan really needs to tell us more about his story. I hope you will do him a favor and let him speak to us again. The ending was perfect.

"I understand Master Eitan. Padawan Skywalker told me that you may need some time and that I should be patient. Take the time you need, I?ll wait."

Stunned by the words, Eitan remained in frozen silence as the boy wrapped his thin arms around Eitan?s neck for a warm hug before scrambling off the bench.

"Be careful and hurry back," Tamir ordered, bowing before he turned and hurried back to his group.

Left alone once again, Eitan forced his shaken body to his feet and turned to begin making his way aimlessly from the Gardens. Uncertain about what had just happened, he found that the farther he traveled from the Gardens, the heavier his heart felt.

The solitude he?d thought he craved only seemed to mock him with every step he took away from Tamir.

There's just something about Eitan, you have to accept him into your heart. He's as "real" as Obi-Wan and Anakin, which is a huge compliment to your writing skills. A wonderful, moving story.

I got so excited about reading the story I missed the note at the top telling us you have another story ready to go. HOORAY! I AM SO HAPPY!

20. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    This one ended so well, and so realistically. I don't think Eitan would be ready to take someone on. He does need a break for himself to heal and learn who he is now. Very well written. Excellent job as always!

You're ready to go with the new one on Thursday? That's incredible! Can't wait to see it!

Shaindl

21. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Great story! I'm so glad to know that Eitan will be showing up in another story. Great work.

22. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    diane Okay! Maybe Eitan is having a few Jinn moments. :D

Kynstar I thought Obi would be the one likely to relate to what Tamir is facing. A stubborn pig headed dolthead... [face_laugh]

Bekah You may get a peek into Eitan's past with Xan in the new fic. If not, I'm kicking around a viggie idea. ;)

Jade Pester? Is that what they call it these days? :p

birdy I'm still trying to shape Tamir. Not quite sure how he's going to turn out. :eek: Thanks for being Ei'ns biggest fan. :)

Sheila Thanks dear. :) Glad you're going to give the new fic a chance. Obi may pop up.

VaderLVR [face_blush] Aww!! It means so much to know an OC of mine has made an impression. I really like Eitan so I'm thrilled about the warm welcome he's received. :)

Shaindl Ah, my little fanfiction angel! O:) I wish I could somehow repay you for all of the help you give me along the way with every fic I do. Without you half of my stories would be unfinished. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend and support system. [face_love]

AnakinsHeir Thank you for reading and replying. :) I hope I can drawn you to the new story. ;)

See you all Thursday and big [:D] once again!

23. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Wonderful work, o_e! All the emotions Eitan is going through with Anakin and then Tamir. I could just feel how heavy his heart was and great line at the ending. This is just how I imagine he'd react. All that freedom he'd been craving, and the one thing that would give him satisfaction is right within his grasp! This has been an incredible story and you've really brought Eitan to life for me. :)

Do I hear hints of more? :D

24. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Obi-Wan has grown wise in his years, his final advice from his experience with Qui-Gon was touching. :) Eitan?s internal struggles are completely reasonable even if they are a bit frustrating. Really well done. :D

Tamir?s acceptance and understanding to Eitan?s problems was wonderful. Eitan may not know it yet, but he doesn?t have a chance against that little charmer. :) This was a sad but hopeful ending. It left me completely satisfied. Don?t take that wrong, I am looking forward to its continuation... and so quickly. :D

[face_blush] :) ...and, you?re welcome

25. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You're too sweet. Everything you said is equally applicable to you. [:D]

Shaindl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.