main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LMAO!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by F16WarBird, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Batman

[face_laugh]

Edit: TOS violation.
    Any questions feel free to PM me or another manager

2. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Joe has anyone ever told you you have issues?

LMAO

3. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Wow and All I notice is the old sci fi channel symbol :p

4. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Uh... Joe, did you get out of your happy white jacket again?

... tho... I have to admit... that is kinda funny.... [face_laugh]

5. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
  6. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    well I thought it was funny

7. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    *rolls eyes*

It was funny.

Some people just...

Nevermind.

:)

8. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I don't fllokking get it myself. Of all of the stupid fllokking things to split hairs over. :rolleyes:

9. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    its not my hairs that are split guys sorry ;) its on the list of silly things people cant post....

I use that expression myself often so I understand, however no need to get in fights over it.

10. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Is there a list of the "seven words we can't post on TF.N" that we can look at?

11. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Psychology lesson for the day:
    If a baby chews on a wire, you cant yell at it 4 days later for chewing on the wire. That just stupid and uncalled for, and shows the parent isnt being a good parent.

Im sure you guys can relate that to this situation.

Im gonna go laugh my frilling arse off now. Excuse me.

The letter F doesnt mean the F word all the time! It can mean fudge and frell and fun and frolak, and from and for and hundreds of other words that start with the letter F. Geeze.

Oh and Joe...

Hugs and Horns!

12. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    All kidding aside, it really would help to have all of the TOS centralized.

I'm sure it's written down somewhere, but I can't find LMFAO located in the TOS link at the top of the page.

Check it out:

http://boards.theforce.net/tos.asp

I'm not gonna act like a penis about this since I was politely informed of this, and that's all I ask for. The past is the past and if I've unknowingly broken another pfhukking rule on here I really do appreciate the warning.

Where can we find this list?

13. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    From what ive read in the general TFN comms admin place, words that are deamed offensive are not allowed to be posted. Those would be the general no no words.

There seems to be no list. This would be up to the bias of the moderator. Which, is not right.

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE. This is not me abusing the terms. So dont edit.

But "LMFAO". The F doesnt have to mean the offensive curse word is my point. And on TV, they have said LMFAO, in the context of hey what does it mean were dumb.

My thing is, we can say Wow I dont give a ****. And its ok. Cause its stared out. We can also say, Wow I dont give a f word. And mods will leave it. But we cant say, LMFAO? It would be the same as saying i dont give a f word, is the point.

See if the mods did their jobs instead of coming around whenever they feel like it, and actually said hey these are the rules, maybe more people would be a little more willing to cooperate, and a little less likly to argue and fight.

14. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I cannot post the "forbidden" words (since it would be a TOS violation ) ;) however I can post the acceptable list that we do have. All the Cr's have been notified of these words as well.(both lists)It has been posted in the CR forum and discussed and debated several times. Its also updated often.
    For everyones imformation we dont edit when we feel like it. ALL the Rsa's and managers go by the same list, so its not made up.

Im not here to cause a fight either Joe, I edited something I pm'ed you politely of the warning and it seems others are the ones to have a a hard time with it.

I consulted Darth_sapient Head Admin first and foremost of the concerned edit before I did it to make sure it did not cause WW3 and of course it doesnt matter, people still complain.

As far as moderating whenever I feel like it.....an RSa is here to help with edits, post sticky threads, promote, demote, update forums for chapters and help advise them in situations they may need help in. Thats what I do. Thats what I have always done.
    I suggest if you have any concerns regarding what is unfair about posting certain words to take it up with the GSA's and the head JC admin since these words are not my sole discretion or decision.

Hope that clears things up.
    Joe if you have any other thoughts on this matter I would be happy to discuss this with you via PM.

and BTW sam, you have been on TFN a lonnng time to know the rules. Everyone is supposed to read the TOS before posting for the first time. this is not new information. Thats is another reason why FF Chapters have Chapter reps , to keep informed of any information and updates and to help everyone in their forum posting know the rules,upcoming changes ,events etc..
    If a moderator has left the F word untouched its because they did not see it. You seem to be debating with someone who does not have the authority to change the no no words list. As I stated in this post already please voice your concerns on the no no list to a head Admin like Darth Sapient.
    Thanks

15. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Thanks for the 411, Vicki. I'll get with Herb to have the illegal words list posted on our private boards for our members to review so we can avoid any future trouble.

Joe

P.S. Would you consider banning me again? Just for old times sake? :p

[face_laugh]

16. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    LOL.

Haha!

Thats funny to me.

Who cares how long ive been on TFN. I post on FF not the JC.

Joe i'll ban you on the MEPA forums hows that? lol

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Just an FYI here, the profanity list update can be found here in this MS update. FanForce and JC follow the same rules for profanity and "F" substitutes. If you have any questions about it please drop me a PM :)

18. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Thanks JD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.