main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Long Beach Comic Con Saturday Oct 29th + Sunday Oct 30th - We've got a table - Is the IEFF Going?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Oct 21, 2011.

1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/Misc/LB-Comic-Con-logo.jpg]
    :) Hey fine folks of the IEFF! So LBCC is rapidly approaching and I wanted to see who was going to this years Con, as we need enough people each day so that whoever goes can be at the table but also enjoy the Con. This includes bathroom and food breaks. We CANNOT have the table unattended as that's a big no no with the Con folks.

So that said, we only have 2 days that need to be filled by us, as the Con is only 2 days instead of 3 as it's been over the past 2 years. I like this being only 2 days, as it makes it alot easier for the folks attending including the IEFF! The Con times are Saturday from 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM & Sunday from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.

Please post which days you can be there and what time. Remember, we need enough folks going to make this work, so let's make it happen! Your attention to this is greatly appreciated so I can let the Con folks know whether or not to save our table.

Saturday
    Mike + Sheila (All day including set up starting at 8am)

Sunday

2. wookiee_punk

wookiee_punk Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2011
    I'm open to manning the table at any time on Saturday, and also Sunday if we need an extra person.

-Dwight

3. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Awesome! Glad to have you Dwight! Please Post times on each day you can make it below:)

Saturday
    Dwight (Time?)

Sunday Dwight (Time?)

4. CTCamrissian

CTCamrissian Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2010
    I'm available Saturday, 12-2 and to help close everything down and pack up. Then I expect us to go observe and possibly participate in the Zombie Crawl! Let's be silly!

5. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

That should be interesting to see for sure.[face_thinking]

Saturday
    Caia 12-2
    Dwight (Time?)

Sunday
    Dwight (Time?)

6. wookiee_punk

wookiee_punk Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2011
    On second thought, I'm not sure I want to go on Sunday. I can still man the table on Saturday from 2-3 and 4-5 (I want to catch the Robot Chicken panel), and also help pack up.

7. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Ok well this sucks!!! I have not been on the internet for the last couple of days just because i needed some rest. So I decided to take my bike out and maybe ride it up the street and back home... Well I rode it down the street and brought it back over my arm.. Yes I had an accident apparently now that I am older I hurt easily.

It happened way to fast my front tire jammed some how then next thing I know my leg is wrapped around the bike so tomorrow I will go see my doctor and hopefully I did not break anything or tear any muscles I don't know what hurts the most my leg or going to the emergency and spending $100 on the emergency lol I can wait....

So in other words I may or may not go on sunday..

Hey Mike how about the parking do you know how much it is? and to enter the Con do we just show them our badge?

8. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    Ok put me down for Saturday and Sunday.

9. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    Feel better Jesse.!!!

10. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    Allen and I are available Sunday 10-close (or slightly earlier). And anyone else that wants to join us[face_dancing]

11. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

This indeed sucks my friend! You will be missed. Please take care of yourself and get better! [:D]

I think parking is $10 - $12 not that you'll be attending but there you go anyways!

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

Ron said he's available for Sunday. I'm trying to get a time from him on when he's going to be there to help relieve you guys. As soon as I know, it'll be on here!:)

13. RUjedi

RUjedi Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2006
    I can be there at 10am on Sunday. Let me know how are we going to get the passes.

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Hi Gang! Okay, here the details for Con. The wifey and I will be there at 8:30 to set up and be ready for opening at 10am. You're more than welcome to show up for the festivities when you'd like.

Wifey and I will be there all day to make sure all is good with the table, even though we'll do our Con walk through. I want a group pic if everyone is there at the same time, which should happen at some point of the day.

Our booth is #934. 501st is #831 right around the corner from us two tables down. If you look on the floor map, we're by the wrestling ring on the left side of the floor plan, should be fun!Go to the Con website and look at floor map to see it there.

I'll have passes for everyone, so please call when you're walking into the main lobby so I can come meet you to give you your entry pass. Please wear you IEFF Lanyards so that they see you're an exhibitor and to show pride in the group! Ron, you'll need to call allen to get your pass from him. I'll text you his number so you can get in.

I'm going to change it up just a little this year and have us NOT wear our IEFF t-shirts but if you could at least wear a Star Wars t-shirt, that would be great!

Any questions you may have you can call me or text me at 760-217-1850 and I'll do what I can to answer them for you. Please be on time so that everyone can enjoy the Con with table time too. See you all there on Saturday, the IEFF Rocks!

Saturday
    Jennifer
    Allen
    Caia 12-2
    Dwight 2-3 / 4-5

Sunday
    Ron 10 - ?
    Jennifer 10 - ?
    Allen

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It was great seeing you guys yesterday, and meeting some of you for the first time!

16. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Hope everyone had a great time wish I was there.. Next year I will sleep in a bubble lol

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Well the IEFF made our presense know at this years Long Beach Comic Con! I want to thank all of you who made it out and helped out at the table. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. For those of you who couldn't be with us, you were missed. Make sure to click the link to see all 176 photos from the Con!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2011-Fun-Things-We-Do/LB-Comic-Con-10-11/LongBeachComicCon1011138.jpg]
    Our fine IEFF group at our table. Ron would've been in this pic too but he was there on Sunday!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2011-Fun-Things-We-Do/LB-Comic-Con-10-11/LongBeachComicCon1011127.jpg]
    Yes that's Allen with Seth Green. He was talking to Seth about possibly coming to next years Star Wars Day at the library!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2011-Fun-Things-We-Do/LB-Comic-Con-10-11/LongBeachComicCon1011217.jpg]
    Dinner afterwards

Click here to see the totally awesome pics from the Con