main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA *Looking at Norfolk Board*

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Treadwell71, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treadwell71

Treadwell71 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    ....what a desolate place this is. Fans in Norfolk (all four of us) seem to be made to suffer...it's our lot in life.

<grin>

Seriously, though, I'm curious as to whether or not there is a Norfolk/Virginia Beach SW fan organization, or any interest in starting one. Such a group, even if it rather loosely organized, may be of benefit to the fans here in the sense of locating collectibles once they start hitting the shelves and the like. And there's always the possibility of making a group trip for the AOTC premeir on May 16th.

Any thoughts?

2. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Hate to tell ya Treadwell71, but most of the Norfolk fans who are really into Star Wars who want an organization of some sorts, just travel up to Richmond for the MFC events. I've been watching the forums since they were formed and there does seem to be interest in a Norfolk organization, but many have suggested an offshoot of the MFC. But nothing's happened with that. It just seems to be easier to come up here I guess :) We even have some NOVA folks traveling south now and again too.

3. Treadwell71

Mar 30, 2002
    Richmond? What a desolate place that is...but, hey, at least you have a group up there. :D I do like the MFC website...looks like an interesting group. I may have to fuel up the VW, gather a few of my fellow SW geeks, and make a trek up there at some point. Thanks for the info.

4. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    No prob. You might even hitch a ride with some of our MFCers from down there. We have a lot of interesting events coming up in the next few weeks Hopefully we'll get to meet you sooner or later. :) Oh and yes, I'll agree with you...Richmond is a desolate place. But hopefully, we're brightening it up a bit.

5. ODUFrank

ODUFrank Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
    DOWN WITH RICHMOND! It is never sunny there, lol.

6. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Never sunny? Whatchyoutalkinabout willis. :) It was sunny today no less. And who's living right next to storm central where the moisture just gets sucked outta the ocean? hehe

7. Treadwell71

Mar 30, 2002
    I kinda have to agree with Keith on this one. At least he doesn't live in an area where Hurricane *insert cheezy name here* can wash your entire Star Wars collection out to sea.

8. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Well, I live in VA Beach, and I'll be going to college in Front Royal, so I'll never really be very close to MFC. Ah well.

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    You could look at it this way, some of our members have traveled to DC for a few events, to Atlanta for DragonCon and now Indy for Celebration 2. It's just a desire that gets you where you want to go. I'd say though if enough folks from Norfolk want to start a club, they could sure do it. You just need a few dedicated people to get it started.

10. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    I do know alot of Star Wars fans in the Hampton Roads area...so it's not like there's a shortage...

11. NGCRULER

NGCRULER Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    im intrested in one. it'de be fun. I'de love to go to the first showing with you all but school. :( I'll be going to probally a showing after 2 on opening day or sometime after 2 on friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.