main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking for some Oldbies

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by FORCE-WIELDER1, Dec 7, 2012.

1. FORCE-WIELDER1

FORCE-WIELDER1 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 8, 2004
    I recently jumped back on the boards (about 15 minutes ago), and am currently looking to see if any of my friends from the Crimson Jedi days are still around. I apologize if this doesn't belong here. It's been quite some time since I've been on and it looks like a lot has changed. It's nice to know we're going to have plenty of Star Wars to talk about in the next few years, and it would be wonderful to experience that with old friends and new ones of course!

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome back FORCE WIELDER. I moved your thread to the Welcome New Users forum as that's where we have these types of threads. Your best bet is just to look up some usernames and see if your friends are still posting. There have been a lot of changes over the years and not everyone visits the JCC.

3. FORCE-WIELDER1

Nov 8, 2004
    Thank you Katya. I appreciate your help. It's nice to see some familiar faces around here.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome back! Katya is correct; the best thing to do is look them up individually.

And the boards certainly have changed! If you have any questions or need help navigating, don't hesitate to ask :)

5. FORCE-WIELDER1

Nov 8, 2004
    That's the hard part. I don't remember everyone's usernames and there's no more "watched user" section so I can't just click and find. Still I appreciate the help. NYCitygurl, I recognize you so that's a relief as well.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I remember your name but not my connection to it.

7. FORCE-WIELDER1

Nov 8, 2004
    I remember your name as well. Haha but I'm in the same boat. We had a social group back in the day, called the Crimson Jedi Order.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome back, ForceWielder1! :D

It's nice to see you back... and I remember you! Actually, I thought you were still a regular and just posting at another part of the board. [face_blush]

I know what you mean about the watch user list. It would have been great if that list would have got transferred, but it's not, so we all have to find our old friends again. Since some have left years ago, I don't think that I could ever add them all again to my list. It's sad, but it's life and maybe they come back one day and then we'll remember. :)

Hope you stay for some time!

Enjoy your stay! :)

FORCE-WIELDER1 likes this.
  9. FORCE-WIELDER1

Nov 8, 2004
    Skiara! You're most definitely a familiar face.

It feels wonderful to be remembered. [:D] :D

Yeah WUL was a great feature, but it's okay I'm sure I can just look through some old messages and get most of the old contacts from there.

I'll see you around the boards! :)

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think I am your first 'like' on these new boards. SO IT IS WRITTEN.

FORCE-WIELDER1 likes this.
  11. FORCE-WIELDER1

Nov 8, 2004
    I believe you're correct!

I am a "Like" Virgin no more. :p

12. Darth Cadaverous

Darth Cadaverous Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2012
    If that is the case, I need to re-do the Newbie to the board training.. I am almost lost again. How long has the New Boards been up?