main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Lord of the Rings Opening Day in theatres

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by synchroniz3r, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synchroniz3r

synchroniz3r Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    At the 15th Sept cosplay there were talks on dressing up and going to watch the movie at cineleisure..

What do u guys think?

If i go i most probably will go as Ring Wraith..

2. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    It would be fun but I don't think I would. I don't really love LOTR (heck, I haven't even read the books) so if I dressed up I'd feel kinda...fake. Am I making sense?

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I'll try to join in. :D

But first must watch LOTR and the Two Towers Trailer again and again till I know who to do. Maybe even Galadriel? (started counting the amont of hair and makeup I need) or Arwen in her Blood Red/Black Gown seen in the Two Tower Teaser Trailer (seems easy enough for me :p )

[image=http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/v2/media/specials/teaser/teaser15.jpg]

4. synchroniz3r

May 31, 2002
    jialat then who should i go as..

ringwraith? if yes then im relying on sidious to help me out, coz it aint as simple as it seems. Coz u will look out from the neck area and theres a metal wire which stands up to make the hood stand so that when pple peer into your hood they see nothing but emptiness.

And as for getting such old cloth and fraying the edges i dont know how to do that.

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Seen this?

Kropserkel's Ringwraith

Ps: Those guys are the one who did SithVixen's split-apartable Darth Maul Lightsabre so if you got the $$$, some of their productions are very worth it. ;)

6. synchroniz3r

May 31, 2002
    yeap seen that.. looks damn bloody expensive man.

Oh ya theres this Rubies one for sale.. around 50 US. Waddya think?

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Where is the address? ?[face_plain]

And you know lah, when it comes to anything Rubies especially SW, everyone goes . . . "NOT RUBIES COSTUMES! It horrigalbe, discouagable, terrible . . !" etc etc.

Hmm, don't tell me the Arwen Rose Gown (LOTR) I saw is from Rubies.

8. synchroniz3r

May 31, 2002
    thats the link..
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RU16306

Help me check up on it ya? =X

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Check out what JediToren said about Rubies Costumes and Catalog pix vs real item:

EpII Rubies Costumes

10. synchroniz3r

May 31, 2002
    hmm so i shouldnt get da rubies cos then?

Ok then im relying on Sidious..

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The best is to have a look at the real one being sold as it's most likely be thin and bad quality. I say try Foreigners House of Costumes soon.

Hmm, for the fabric, if want that wrinkled surface, can use Cheesecloth. Got black but only Spotlight got the multiple color ones. Unless you're willing to dye it yourself black, then can buy from Arab Street for $0.90 per metre (it's still there I hope!).

12. synchroniz3r

May 31, 2002
    hmm wanna go down one day together with Sidious and yazid? im sure we all need material from there.. maybe can look for some cheap ones.

And i heard the ringwraith costume used up 50 yards of material.. now thats ALOT.

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Sure! But make sure it's not on a Sunday as Arab Street Cloth shops are mostly close on Sunday (Maybe we make Sundays "Chinatown" or Spotlight Cloth hunting day. :p ) And better right after the 12th of each month.

Hmm, the website says ~40metres which is almost the whole roll of cloth (50metres per roll). Ouch! :eek:

14. synchroniz3r

May 31, 2002
    hmm but at least there are a few ringwraiths so buying abit xtra wont hurt..

and why 12th of each month?

15. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey I would love to go for fabric hunting with u guyz.
    But I need help with my frodo outfit.
    For the hairy feet just leave'm to me I noe what to do.

16. synchroniz3r

May 31, 2002
    Remember not to wash your feet for a week before the opening day..

Oh ya one thing.. u aint going orchard barefoot right? =X

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Aiyah, Val! Don't bully him again lah or he will poke you at that place. [face_laugh]

I got some very tagled hair extension so we'll just put a layer of Arabic Gum or superglue or donno what and paste those hair on his legs. ;)

Anyhow, check out this website which got some infos on the different costumes worn in the movie:

LOTR Costumes

Go under Characters.

Hmm, initially I though of Galadriel since one of my SW Costuming friend is doing her so she had told us all the things she did for her; then saw Arwen's Blue Lace, Fushia Lining Gown (which was cut from the movie?) but realized the coloration is still being debated and finally saw the Red Gown from The Two Tower so think that's better option since it's roughly only Satin and Velvet, and pattern quite simple.

Hmm, when is The Two Towers coming out again?

18. synchroniz3r

May 31, 2002
    i've seen that website before.. not much help though.

Two Towers most probably in Dec around christmas..

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Then if I'm really on for it, I better send out the gown next month after the 12th (the day I can sneak off come money :D ).

Aiyah! The velvet gonna cost a lot cause I think better not use Taffeta Velvet for this gown (too thin) and get those that cost $8-10/metre and is relatively thick instead. :( I wish I can sew beyond cloaks and tabbards and capes.

20. L0rd-NyaX

L0rd-NyaX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    LOTR:TT should come out on Dec 11
    I would love to cosplay for that :p
    my first one though.. need lotsa help
    and i can only start preparing after the 20th of Nov :( My last O lvl paper is on 20th
    and val, u tokkin bout ringwraith huh.. i dun mind :p

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Why not after Nov 20th we all have a Costuming outings, get-together etc to make our costumes together? If cloaks, I got the pattern; Simplictiy 9887 aka LOTR Rip-Off Pattern.

If sending the costume out to normal seamstress/tailor, a bit problem as Dec 6th is Hari Raya Puasa so most Malay & Chinese seamstress/tailor will be busy for 1 month before that day. But I doubt for Costume Makers.

22. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I think I read somewhere that LOTR: TTT will be opened in the US on 18th Dec, so that's prob the time period for Singapore too

23. L0rd-NyaX

L0rd-NyaX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    yeah its Dec 18th :p
    so we mass costume making?
    then we can chiong to some LOTR screening with light sabres and chant Star Wars invade LOTR

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! I'm agreeable to it. :D

*DE started imagining Arwen swinging a double lightsabre*

25. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey cool.
    Imagine Frodo with a lightsaber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.