main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Lord of the Rings:The Prince of Darkness

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SHAFTWINDU54, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAFTWINDU54

SHAFTWINDU54 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2006
    (Elvish Whispering)
    "The World is not as it once was"

"The fourth age of middle earth has already began, and peace has rained for a short time of 4 years."

(Elvish Whispering)

Stories have been told throughout the land of the destruction of the one ring, brought to the fires of mount doom by two small hobbits. Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee(Spelling?) of the Shire.

"The Evil that was once dominant has been long destroyed and vanquished...........or so we thought.

When the dark lord Sauron created the magic rings he gave 9 to the lords of men, 7 to the dwarf lords, and 3 to the kingdom of Elves.

Even though the One ring has been destroyed, the magic of these ancient rings cannot be undone, where as Sauron the deceiver poured his malice into the one ring, his evil infested all of the rings. These ancient rings when beared can give its owner the ability to lead and organize, a nation. It can even enslave its bearer for as long as these rings exist the dark lord's hold on this world will be eternal, as all rings were of his creation, all who bear them fall to darkness, unless they are strong of spirit and mind.

One of the rings that were passed to the Elves was lost, as wars and battles waged for centuries, the very location of this ring has been sought out by many. But one man finnaly recovered this secret. A prince of Harad known as Delfar, heard of the power that the rings could give. Since his childhood he obscessed about finding it. Even as he sent aid to Sauron for his war on middle earth Delfar took his advatage with the armies of men occupied he searched for one of the lost rings.

Delfar searched high and low throughout middle earth, and deep in the lost treasure chambers of the dwarves in Lonely mountain the Haradrim Prince found one of the rings gifted to the Elves by Sauron. The prince's wildest ambition had come true. He had found one of the lost rings. And darkness took him shortly after. Delfar found himself a better leader, and for 4 years he quietly stregthened his armies as all of middle earth enjoyed its peace.

Delfar even noticed that as holder of the ring he healed to a degree, and that his troops would follow all orders without question. He had massed huge armys in the land of Harad, and planned to strike at middle earth, but Delfar new he couldnt take middle earth alone, even though the land of Rohan was still rebuilding he new that the King of Gondor had returned and that the world of men was not nearly as frail as it once was.

Delfar secretly formed an alliance with Goblins. The Goblins had one leader who could unite all of them. Delfar secretly trained this Goblin king known as Blarstak. Blarstak was huge for a Goblin and was chosen because he was the strongest. Blarstak with help of Delfar, brought hope to the Goblins, organised them, and made a formidable army. That dwells in the mountains just waiting to attack on the unexpecting south. Delfar and Blarstak form this alliance in agreement of taking over middle earth. Blarstak will strike at the weaker kingdom of Rohan, where the Haradrim will strike at Minas Tirith itself.

A new time has come, where evil is allowed to endure, and once again the fight will fall on the world on men, but they will need aid in this battle. Who will stand with the King of Gondor, the Queen of Rohan, and Lord of the Woodland realm.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Ok people, this is the story, I know someone must have tried to do a LOR RPG before, but I've spent weeks on this story, so be ready for a long plot. It may seem pretty simple but I got twists and turns none of ya'll will see coming. Okay as basically 4 years after the last movie is when this all happens, dark armies have arisen, a new ring found. And the world of men is still rebuilding. Sadly there's no real room for Created characters I hace too much that depends on the heroes. This is a list so far of characters who will be used.(Listed from most important too least)

Delfar:ShaftWindu54
    Blarstak:
    Faramir(Steward of Go

2. Master-Korr

Master-Korr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2004
    OOC: I just can't help myself....

BOW DOWN TO THE KING!

Hahahahaha! Ohohohohohoho! Hehehehehehehe

3. ZEAL92

ZEAL92 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2006
    Yay I'm Gandalf

"Now now young King, there are many trials ahead in life, especially for middle earth. The time to celebrate is now, yet it is not" Gandalf said, mildly confusing himself.

4. SHAFTWINDU54

Feb 23, 2006
    Blarstak:
    Faramir(Steward of Gondor):ShaftWindu54
    King Aragorn:MasterKorr
    Legolas(Lord of the Woodland Realm):EmoJawa
    Gandalf:Zeal92
    Gimli:
    Eomer(Gen. of the Armies of Rohan):
    Samwise:
    Queen Arwen Evenstar:
    Queen Eowyn(Who has fell in love with Faramir,not married yet):
    Berethor(Captain of Gondor):
    Morwen(Shield Maiden of Rohan):
    Merry:
    Pippen:

OOC:Way to go Zeal, so much for SECRET CHARACTER!!!!!!!:oops: [face_shame_on_you][face_laugh] , oh and did I mention to keep OOC and mindless chatter to a MINIMUM! Geez! This is the updated roster, more are on the way, stay vigilant and patient.

5. SHAFTWINDU54

Feb 23, 2006
    Blarstak:
    Gimli:
    Eomer(Gen. of the Armies of Rohan):
    Samwise:
    Queen Arwen Evenstar:
    Queen Eowyn(Who has fell in love with Faramir,not married yet):LeiaHeir
    Berethor(Captain of Gondor):
    Morwen(Shield Maiden of Rohan):
    And the all secret characters are taken, (Nudge Zeal), so dont ask

Sorry I didnt post this sooner, like I said please be patient, we are almost ready to start the story, but not yet, no precious, not yet, the fat hobbit suspects us, STUPID FAT HOBBIT HATES SMEAGOL!!

6. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    OOC: Who Hates Me?

7. lieutenant_ketch

lieutenant_ketch Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2006
    hello everybody. Gimli here have no fear :D

8. SHAFTWINDU54

Feb 23, 2006
    OOCS:eek:kay people, Wednesday will be the day I post to start everybody's storylines, I'm very pleased with the turn out but will wait a few more days for anyone who still wants to jump on, so everybody be ready, cause this is going to be fun.

PS:THE FAT ONE HATES YOU DARTHGOLLUMSMEAGOL!!!!! HE SUSPECTS YOU!!! (Gollum, gollum,coughing)

9. lieutenant_ketch

May 17, 2006
    well until then.

10. SHAFTWINDU54

Feb 23, 2006
    Blarstak:?
    Gimli: Leutenantcetch
    Eomer(Gen. of the Armies of Rohan):NPC
    Queen Arwen Evenstar: StarWarsbeauty
    Queen Eowyn(Who has fell in love with Faramir,not married yet):LeiaHeir
    And the all secret characters are taken!

This is enough to get going. I still need a Goblin King but we can at least get the ball rolling.

The sun set on the white city of Minas Tirith, the King Aragorn, looked from the top of the citadel. As the sun dropped he had this feeling of upending doom. His thoughts raced upon his friends. How they all had come a long way. Gimli was probably in the kitchens dining on meat ripe from the bone, and beer this very moment. The King chuckled at the thought, and then rested his mind as he new that all of Gondor was safe. For 4 years it had been safe. Peace for once. he had also recieved news of his good friend Legolas. Legolas had recently been deemed Lord of the Woodland realm. Through all the wars and battles Aragorn had finally restored the glory of Gondor. His good friend Boromir would have been joyful to see these days. Just as the Kings thoughts dwelled on Boromir, he heard this voice in his head. "Aragorn, for 4 years Middlearth has had peace, a peace that has been well deserved. But all is not well, a great evil stirs in the land of Harad, you must confront this ene," the voice cut short as if interupted by some fell purpose, Aragorn was having these nightmares and visoins now for 3 months straight. As he thought upon this the King's wife, Queen Arwen approached her husband on the balcony.

Tag:Aragorn,Arwen

The ride had been long, Faramir rode alone, he had journeyed to Minas Tirith to pay respects to the king, and to ensure him that the borders of Rohan were completly safe. "The King has been unsually stressed lately, I wonder what the problem is." Faramir had noticed that the King seemed troubled but he couldnt understand why. Faramir lost focus of the King for a moment and then focused on his love, the Queen of Rohan, Eowyn. They had met at Minas Tirith just before the great battle at the Black Gate. Faramir then laid his eyes on the city of Edoras, "Ah home,although Faramir's heart lies with the White tower, Rohan had really become his new home. A smile crept over Faramir as he rode hard anticipating his true loves welcome. For 3 weeks Faramir had been gone, tending to duties at Gondor, now he was returning home.

Tag:Eowyn

OOC:This is a start, more updates on the way!!

11. Master-Korr

Master-Korr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2004
    IC: Aragorn, Citadel

"What news do you bring to me my love?" Aragorn asked smiling at his beautiful wife.

Tag: Arwen

OOC: sorry so short. just not a lot to work with right now

12. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Eowyn, Queen of Rohan
    Edoras, Rohan, Middle Earth

Eowyn quietly stood from her thrown, her heart beating faster. "Excuse me." She said to the officers around her. As she walked, her pace speed up, and her thin pale hands straightened her long scarlet dress. It was heavy and was accented with gold patterns. Most of her golden locks were allowed to flow down her back, only a few were pulled up in elgant twists amongst her thin crown.

A blast of the fall wind blew through the large wooden doors as she pulled them open, blowing her long sleaves, hair, dress, and the robe attached to her dress at her shoulders. A few leaves were blown into the throne room, but her blue eyes hadn't noticed. They were busy scanning the surrounding lands for that familar figure. Her red lips smiled. There, to the south east was her beloved.

Eowyn's mind began to real. She wanted to run to him, run to Faramir, but she knew that it would be unproper.

Yet, even as Queen, when had it stopped her before?

Picking up her heavy dress, she sprinted downt he stairs and towards the front gate. There she stood, waiting. Has it only been three weeks? she asked herself. Those three weeks had seemed so much longer than that.

The gates opened, and Eowyn stood straighter.

TAG: Faramir

13. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Arwen

Arwen walked into the sunlight and saw her husband a little ways off. He seemed troubled over something. Picking up the skirt of her long maroon dress she walked toward him.

"What news do you bring to me my love?"

She smiled up at him and put her head upon his shoulder.

"Eldarion has finally gone to sleep." The arrival of their son had been an exciting event for the couple but the lack of sleep was taking its toll.

"Aragorn, Manen Nalye."(Aragorn, how are you?)

"Are you troubled Meleth(Love)?"

Arwen stood in front of him and looked into the grey eyes of the man she loved. He was definitely troubled.

Tag: Aragorn

14. SHAFTWINDU54

Feb 23, 2006
    IC:Faramir

As he rode the beutiful city of Edoras grew larger in the distance, even as such Faramir saw a very familiar figure as well. "My Queen, my beloved Eowyn," Faramir thought. No manner of evil of taint the love he had for Queen Eowyn, as breeze caught him it was refreashing, and even though he was tired from the journey, nothing mattered when he caught a glimpse of his true love. Faramir rode all the more harder as he saw her run down from the balcony above. As the stable boy took his horse he ran to meet her.

Tag:Eowyn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the main hall of Gondor Gimli remained sitting and smoking. His thoughts of how quiet Middleearth had been since the war of the one ring. But he delighted in the 4 years of peace, even as much as any dwarf loves a good fight. As he smoked, one of the Gondor tower guards bellowed loud enough for all of Gondor to hear, "Captain Berethor rides with a company of Gondor knights, they have returned." As Gimli new that the king had sent his captain to patrol some of the farthest outreach Gondors borders and to ride out past Osigiliath and the river. Many miles out of sight of the white tower. Gimli sturred and went in search of the king as he new that this would probably be of the utmost importance to the king, especialy as jumpy as he had been lately.

TAG:Gimli, King Aragorn, Queen Arwen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyond the outstrecthed borders of the woodland realm Lord Legolas meditated, and let all the woods speak to him, he had felt a shadow slowly creep in his mind, something was coming, he just couldnt put his finger on it. It distressed him so, as he started to see flashes. Minas Tirith under attack, but from whom, who could have amassed an army big enough to attack Gondor itself. Legolas new that something was coming he could only feel it from the changes in the wind and water. Legolas was deeply distressed now, as he was sure that these recurring visions were happening for a reason. He new what had to be done, Legoalas and a host of woodland elves must ride to Gondor, but the rode was long, and Rohan was much closer. So the would ride to Rohan. Just as this thought came to him, an elvish horn was blown. Scouts sited Goblins riding spiders in the distance, most likely a scouting party, how can Goblins be trained to move in daylight, further more, how could Goblins organize. It seemed as though a host of Goblins had come to destroy the woodland realm. Legolas couldnt believe what was happening. How was this possible. "No matter, we will send that back to wherever they came from, to your arms elves."

tag:Legolas

OOC:So Legolas' first post and he is in a battle, look at that! I'm giving you the option of posting some of the fight,I'm sure you'll have questions so pm me if you need to.

15. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Eowyn, Queen of Rohan
    Edoras, Rohan

Eowyn embraced the handsome man, a grin from ear to ear on both faces. Faramir swung her around, then put her back on the ground. The Queen didn't want to release the embrace, yet, when the time came, she did so. Gently, she grabbed Faramir's hand and lead him towards the Great Hall. People had gathered in the streets. Cheers and whistles erupted as they saw who had just arived. Faramir had become quite popular amungst the people of Edoras... and many other villages within the lands of Rohan.

Eowyn's brother, Eomer quickly approched them. "My friend, it is good to see you again." He said and embraced Faramir in a friendly embrace. "We will surely have a feast in honor of your return."

"Yes! A great feast!" Eowyn said, her blue eyes shinning. "But, you must be exausted from your trip. Let us get what the King has to say and leave you to your rest."

They entered the Great Hall, the acheint thrown silently sat at the far end, servants and other officers had dismissed themselves knowing full well the Queen would want to be alone with her love after such a time without him. Eomer smiled.

"It is good to see you again, friend. I bid you farewell untill the feast. Sister." He siad with a nodd to each, then turned and left.

Eowyn faced Faramir. She ran her slender pale fingers through his beautiful red hair. Moving a few strans from his forehead, she spoke quietly. "I missed you, my love. I looked to the south everyday in hopes of seeing your beautiful face quickly approching the city. My heart lept out of my chest when one of the gaurd told me you were within eye sight." She gently kissed him. "I am glad you are back."

TAG: Farmair

16. EmoJawa

EmoJawa Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    IC:Legolas- waiting for the goblins with a host of armed elves

Legolas, upon hearing the news new that this had to be part of the visions..but with all the elves that left during the war the woodland realmt would be hard pressed.

Taking out his bow Legolas motioned for the others to do the same while at the same time motiong to the elves that had the boulders ready to roll down the hills at the goblins.

Tag:Elves

17. lieutenant_ketch

May 17, 2006
    IC: Gimli

Gimli walked off in search of some one who could tell him where Aragorn was.

tag: anyone

IC: elf

The elf pulls out his bow and readies himself to shoot the approaching goblins

tag elves, legolas

18. ZEAL92

Jan 23, 2006
    OOC: Hey...don't i get a starting post too? These old bones aren't like they used to be, but that is for discussion at another time.

Umm you realise Gandalf wasn't a secret character because you said he needs to speak in riddles in the rules, so it wasn't that good a secret.

19. lieutenant_ketch

May 17, 2006
    well apparentlyshaft forgot you zeal

20. ZEAL92

Jan 23, 2006
    OOC: But you can't forget Gandalf, he's way cool!!! And he talks in riddles, and has a knowing gleam in his eyes :p *glares at shaft with knowing gleam in eye*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.