main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    The movie was pretty good. I've never been a fan of westerns, but there was enough Sci-fi to keep me intrigued.

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
  3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hi all. I'm back from my intensive. How're y'all doing?

By the way, as of Thursday, I have just seen Shakespeare get turned into a musical. And it was amazing.

Especially this, which is so much (like 1000 times) better live, but still... it's amazing. If you know Twelfth Night at all, I bet you could never have guessed that someone, somewhere would have staged the Toby/Andrew/Feste drunk scene like this. :p

4. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Picked up the movie Soul Surfer on Blu-Ray. That movie is very inspiring! It's the story of Bethany Hamilton. At thirteen, she looses her arm in a shark attack and the movoie is about her struggles to become a pro surfer with only one arm. The cast is fantastic: Helen Hunt, Dennis Quaid, Annasophia Robb, Craig T. Nelson, Kevin Sorbo, and Carrie Underwood. It's a feel good movie I highly recommend!

I have also started checking out the new Thundercats series. Not bad at all! Another good animated series to enjoy now! I kinda like that Snarf does not talk in this series, he's just a plain cat. Have to catch up on the first three episodes, did not know that the series had already begun.

Well, I was going to check out Friends with Benefits since all the good movies are done for the summer, but it's no longer playing. At least there is a decent movie I can go see instead: Thirty Minutes or Less. Actually, i think I'd rather see that movie anyway.

5. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    There's been nothing going on here for weeks!

The Thundercats series continues to become great. It has potential of replacing the Clone Wars.

I'm also very into watching Inuyasha: The Final Act. I can't tell you how thrilled to see that they've brought Inuyasha back for 26 episodes to bring the series to a much proper end. I am now 10 episodes away until Naruku's final defeat! These episodes have been intense to say the least. I just wish Adult Swim would pick this series up so we can have the oringial cast members doing the voices again.

UPDATE: Just finished the last episode of Inuyasha: The Final Act. Wow, what an epid battle and what an end. I'm much happier now that we have closure to this epic anime series. SPOILERS AHEAD: The monk and Sango have three kids, The monk and Inuyahsa work together as demon slayers, Kagome graduates high school and is on her way to college, but instead finds her way back to the other realm, when it thought she could never return, and she marries Inuyasha and becomes the new priestess! For any Koga fans, sorry but he ends up marrying a fellow wolf. Sesshomaru is grumpier than ever. I died laughing when priestess Kagoma yells up to Sesshomaru, "Hey big brother!" Obviously he didn't like that too much.

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Welcome back, Idri!

I wish there was nothing going on around here. I went from working my own schedule at home to working three jobs, two with set hours. 8-} Thank goodness it's only temporary.

7. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    What a year! A tornado in April, an earthquake two days ago, now a Hurricane this weekend. Who wants some of my luck! I have plenty to go around! LOL!

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I think I'll stay up here, thanks :p

Fels, that's a lot to juggle!

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm happy in my part of Canada, I think. :p Though it is a tad bit boring...

I am back from another trip. How are you all, even though I think I asked that very same question last time I was back from a trip. :p

10. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    So far the only thing that's unlucky in FL, is the heat. and no rain.

Other than that, we are finally slowing down, and now boredom shall commence. along with going to the parks which are sooo slow.

Yay!

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Could have sworn I already replied 8-} Hi, Idri!

Nothing much here. Started classes.

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    HI NAT! :D

I haven't started classes. :p

13. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Classes? What are those?

:p

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    HI IDRI! [:D] :D

Classes are things that suck your time and stress you out but you miss when they're over :p

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/HarryHouseCup.jpg]

I have class, but I don't consider them classes anymore. :p

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Brilliant :D Next version: More lolPotters! :p

You don't consider them classes because they're all practical rather than lecture?

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I just did the O RLY/ YA RLY task and believe me, I had more fun with the LOLPOTTERS. More hilarious variety. :p

Actually, I only have a few practical courses this year. For some strange reason, we don't have a fourth year acting class. :confused: We have fourth year studio classes focusing on specific things (dialects, Shaw plays, commedia dell'arte, etc), but no actual acting class, which is very, very bizarre. I'm mostly doing theory this year, but it's so much fun and every course has a performative element to it that I don't consider it "class" anymore. ;)

And then I have two shows to work on anyway, so... yeah. :cool:

18. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Off topic comment: Idri, you do know that our Slytherin board has also PM system, right? :p

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Yes, I know. I prefer the shoutbox, because I'm loud and obnoxious that way. :p

Why d'you ask?

(Never mind, I found out. :p )

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Noted :) (That was the umlimited task one year. Very good year.)

Also, for anyone lurking -- join the House Cup game. Link in my sig. You KNOW you want to . . .

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I'll make LOLPOTTERS to convince you! [face_batting]

EDIT - Oh, and also, why don't you join House Hufflepuff?

After all,

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Idrelle_Miocovani/JC%20House%20Cup%20Year%2018/goodfinders.jpg]

[face_batting]

(Look at me, being a nice and advertising for an enemy team :p )

22. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
  23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    ... you just had to do that, didn't you, Mar?

Yay for Charlie the Badger! [face_love]

(Psst, I think he should now be the Hufflepuff mascot. [face_batting] )

EDIT (reposting from Resource, because, hey, I WANT TO SHARE! :D) --

WOW, major news, I have to share otherwise my system's going to be extremely high on excitement for the next 24 hours. :p

I think I've written before in this thread that I was designing a production of Hamlet with hopes of producing it next school year. Well, my co-director and I just got the official news that we've been accepted by the drama department to run our show as an independent project at the school, thus giving us funds, space, access to equipment and wardrobe, and lots of advice. We were concerned for a while that the committee was going to reject us because the project is very challenging and ambitious (and I'm also kind of playing female!Hamlet :p Way to cast myself in a lead role... 8-} ) and there were a lot of submissions for independents this year. Our performance dates are going to be mid-January, which is a month earlier than we were hoping for, but still it's wonderful to know as now we can start planning and holding auditions and actually get this show on the road. I am thrilled beyond belief and while this means you probably won't see me at all (except maybe once a week in NSWFF :p ), I wanted to share. :p

We're also probably going to be filming the show since our production team is interested in the idea of theatre on the web after seeing what the A Very Potter Musical team did, so who knows - you may get to see what I've been up to come February 2012. :p ;)

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I already said this, but I'm so excited for you!! This is going to be awesome [:D]

25. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Wow... I just back from DragonCon. Probably ranks as one of the best experiences of my life. I didn't do just Star Wars, but one writing class, Smallville, BSG (I did all the BSG panels), Dollhouse, Star Trek:Voyager and TNG. I sincerely suggest attending one even if you don't like crowds.

now my goal is to stay awake.