main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Either of those options worry me. [face_worried]

2. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    I couldn't believe who the last two surviors were. It's crazy stuff. Ben and Aaron, who would've thunk it?

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    there is still the question whether those who were not passengers on the plane count towards the Oceanic Six. Desmond could still make it off the island (uh, well... back to civilization, as he's already off the island, technically :p) giving us 7 island-escapees, but only 4 Survivors of Flight 815

4. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    They are not the last 2. The creators of the show said we would know who the oceanic 6 are by the end of episode 7, we are only on episode 4. :p

5. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Can't wait for tonights episode! Only 5 more hours. [face_dancing]

6. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Fantastic episode tonight. As Desmond is one of my favorite characters it was very interesting to see another episode centered around him. That whole "illness" that Desmond suffered was crazy and I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole time. And it was so heartwarming to hear him finally make contact with Penny. I defintely believe that Ben's spy (probably Michael) was the one who ruined the communications and opened the door. Next week looks crazy, can't wait for more!

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Dang, this episode throws a kink in my future plans to re-edit the entire series into chronological order ;)

8. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    After the series is done and dusted, after all the season box sets are released --- I would love to see special DVD box sets that cut together all the individual character flashbacks / flashforwards.

By the way, just got into the series, and have bought box sets of Seasons 1-3, just finished watching them today.

9. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I shouldn't really be here...but Im into season 2, onto Episode 11 so far... and I gotta say, this is the best show ever next to Alias.

Its good to see the canadians showing what they can do...Evangeline knows what she's doing and im impressed. Sometimes she gives me goosebumps but at the same time, the more interesting she is as Kate. Either way, her personality is so right. Sweet.

10. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Anybody got any news on who's going to die in the next episode:
    "The Shape Of Things To Come"??:confused:

11. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    Anybody else getting sick of these ridiculous short-hiatus' in the season? I'm really starting to lose all interest in this show. I've been loyal since the beginning, but enough is enough... They need to start answering some questions and getting to the frakin' point or I'm walkin'. I'm tired of being strung along, and honestly, at this point I'm starting to think the writers have no idea where the story is going. Also, I kinda feel like no matter how they eventually end it, it will be a let down. I mean after all this, what could they possibly do to shock us or make us all go "whoa, didn't see that coming..."

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. [face_whistling]

D_M_S_L

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The reason for the hiatus was the writer's strike. They had intended to run all of the episodes back to back, but the strike prevented that from happening.

13. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    They do it every season.... So I'm gonna have to call Bull**** on that excuse... Not on you, but on them.

If you don't beleive me go check it out on IMDB...

They always seem to take little breaks in the spring. It's just kind of annoying.

D_M_S_L

14. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Y'know I've often wondered if they really knew where the show was going myself.

Think about it, a few of the characters have died who were not initially supposed to die (Mr.Eko, Ana Lucia, Libby).

I heard that they had a problem with Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje's attitude, and Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Waltros had a few incidents with the law over in Hawaii.

So if those characters were not supposed to die originally then the story was probably meant to go in a totally different directions.[face_thinking]

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    All US television shows have repeats, resulting in a small hiatus. This is nothing new and "Lost" is no different. It takes time to write and film an hour long show. And yes, the creators know where they are going with the show. They have been once ABC agreed to let them end the show with next year and the season after. They even have the final scene already mapped out. And we've been getting answers more than the previous seasons.

16. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    They were planning on airing all 16 episodes back to back this year, but the strike prevented that. Assuming there's no new strike next year, they should be able to air them all back to back in 2009 and 2010.

17. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    "All US television shows have repeats, resulting in a small hiatus. This is nothing new and "Lost" is no different. It takes time to write and film an hour long show. And yes, the creators know where they are going with the show. They have been once ABC agreed to let them end the show with next year and the season after. They even have the final scene already mapped out. And we've been getting answers more than the previous seasons."

This is actually a more recent thing that occurs in TV, a new trend, if you will... Most shows in the US don not do this, only some. The typical hiatus comes during the holiday season and/or over the summer... Which is when you typically get the repeats...in the off-season.

Not sayin' Lost is the only one that does it, but they are one of the few who do it as often as they do.

D_M_S_L

18. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    And like I said, the current hiatus isn't their fault.

19. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    Not that it really matters, but all I am saying is that this hiatus would've probably occurred regardless of the writer's strike.

Either way... It comes back tomorrow and I'm sure we'll get more questions that need answering. :p

D_M_S_L

20. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    No, the hiatus would not have occurred if there were no strike. Just like there will be no hiatus in 2009 or 2010, barring another strike.

21. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Agreed. Had it been a full length 23 episode season that started in the Fall (as in previous seasons), there may have been a break over the holidays; but with a planned 16 episode season scheduled to begin after the holidays, there were no plans for a haitus.

22. Darthhelmut

Darthhelmut Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2004
    I agree with whoever said its time to answer some questions and move the plot a little...

23. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    Yeah... Because right now, we're not getting squat...except more questions. If they're going to end this thing next season, they better getting crackin' answering the plethora of questions they've presented. I'll be kinda disappointed if it's something they wrap up in just a few episodes...

And, for those of you watching it on ABC, is it me, or do they play far too many commercials?

D_M_S_L

24. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I think there are two more seasons left after this one.

I also think the story has been progressing nicely. The most recent episode was excellent from top to bottom.

25. Terje_Lisan

Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    Oh yes, that last episode was great. It made Ben more of the villain but humanized him at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.