main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Loud and Clear - a mid-SotJ vignette (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Siri)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthMousche, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Title: Loud and Clear
    Author: DarthMousche
    Era: After the first half of SotJ
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Siri
    Genre: A little angst here, a little mush there
    Disclaimer: I don?t own anything in this ?verse.
    Summary: Qui-Gon seeks a way to get through to his hurting padawan.

A/N: This was written as a response to a challenge at Jello Anarchy, but it?s also for Princess_Arulmozhi, who wanted some Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon mush.

It was just wrong, what he was doing. Skulking around corners and hiding in bushes was beneath him. He was a Jedi master, and he should not be spying on anyone, least of all his own padawan.

But Qui-Gon Jinn had never claimed to be a perfect Jedi, and at this moment, he did not know of any better way to figure out how to break through the impenetrable shell of stoicism his apprentice had managed to raise in the past few weeks. He wanted to believe that this development was just a new stage of Obi-Wan?s growth as a Jedi, another step closer to total acceptance of the Force.

However, he wasn?t a total fool, he thought, waving a leafy branch out of his face as he settled behind the takoa bush. Obi-Wan was suffering. It had only been a few days since their talk in this very room when Qui-Gon had forced his student?s hand, made him decide then and there whether or not to continue on the path to knighthood.

Looking back, he was confident his padawan would have made the right decision on his own, and he wasn?t sure why he had felt compelled to act so quickly ? and drag Master Yoda into the mix.

It had all come down to one moment. A few days ago, when the Jedi were awaiting a transport back to Coruscant, Qui-Gon had looked over at Obi-Wan to find him speaking with Siri on the other side of the room. There was nothing unusual about that sight, not until Obi-Wan curved his lips into a peculiar smile, one Qui-Gon didn?t remember ever seeing before. His padawan then laid the most tender touch on the girl?s lip. The affection, the love behind that simple caress was as clear as the brightest stars in the plains of Anison, and it truly moved Qui-Gon, flooding his heart with memories ? and regrets of what had never come to pass. He had almost smiled at the pure joy and hope of youthful courtship.

Then the reality of their lives set in, and the master knew he had to snuff out that hope as soon as he possibly could. He wasn?t sure exactly what had transpired between Obi-Wan and Siri after he and Master Yoda left the room, but Obi-Wan?s Force presence had been considerably dimmer since then.

And now here I am,? he thought with a heavy sigh, helpless to do anything but watch. Honestly, Qui-Gon wasn?t even sure why he was here, other to follow the small nagging prompt he?d felt in the Force earlier just as they two were separating for the evening.

?If there?s nothing else, Master, I would like to meditate for a bit before retiring for the night.?

?Of course, Obi-Wan. It has been a trying day. Would you like some company??

?Thank you, but I?ll be fine.?

Qui-Gon took a few seconds to search the boy?s blue-grey eyes for any signs of sorrow, irritation, fatigue ? any feeling ? but they were clear as ever, revealing only the humble, docile expression of a proper Jedi padawan. The master sighed inwardly, but nodded his head. ?I?ll see you in the morning.?

Obi-Wan gave a short bow in parting, then strode off toward the learners? dormitories.

How could he let the boy go like this? Now was as good a time as any for a heartfelt discussion. ?Wait! Padawan!?

The boy?s reaction was instantaneous. He did an about-face, his expression giving away no ire, no impatience ? only his usual eagerness to please. Qui-Gon?s felt a squeeze in his heart as he realized that this particular trait of Obi-Wan?s may bring him much grief in the future.

?I ? just wanted to say that we have nowhere to be tomorrow morning, so you should rest. We?ve had a tiresome few days, and you need to get yourself back up to spee

2. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm glad Qui-Gon felt guilty about the way he initially handled the situation and I'm glad he's there for Obi-Wan. :)

Sadly, I think Siri is right about the relationship between the two of them, at least for right now. They need to let time pass before they can have a friendly relationship again.

Stupid Code! :_|

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was so sad!

:_| :_| :_| :_|

I'm impressed Qui was able to recgonize Obi's need to grieve on his own.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Sad, but beautiful!

?Master?? The boy?s voice trembled slightly, and his eyes widened, confused, even as he lifted his hands to accept the cup.

Qui-Gon did not break their eye contact as he placed the cup into Obi-Wan?s hands, then covered them with his own. He couldn?t help notice that his padawan?s skin was chilled to the touch. He hoped the tea would help warm him ? his body and his hurting heart.

When he saw an extra brightness in Obi-Wan?s eyes, he knew it was time to leave the boy to his grieving. He stood and gently laid a hand on the soft brown hair. He rested it there for only seconds before turning and walking out of the room, sliding the door shut behind him.

:_| =D=

5. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I love Qui-Gon, I mean, I don?t think spying is the best way to find out the truth but in this case I think that it was important.

Oh, this was amazing, sad but amazing.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Truly touching...I absolutely loved the ending. So perfect.

[face_love] =D=

7. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Wonderfully written!

I really enjoyed the ending...very touching and somehow just right.

8. Jedi_siriwan

Jedi_siriwan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    Very well done!!!!!!! dang that code!!!! excellent job

9. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    But there had to be a way to reach him, let him know he was not alone. He felt a tug in his heart as he recalled the way his padawan had faithfully appeared at his quarters every morning for weeks as he mourned his own losses. Qui-Gon hadn?t wanted the company; on some days? he?d even had to curb an urge to lash out and shout, ?Leave me to my suffering!?

He had a feeling that had he given in to that rage, Obi-Wan would still have come. The boy was generous with his devotion, and Qui-Gon realized that he deserved the same support in return.

Tracy I loved that you saw and used this loop in the story. It feels right= the circle is complete.
    Don't you just feel at home in a thread filled with SiriWan shippers?;)

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ohhh, that left my eyes all shiny. Wondefully written, and I too have to agree with Siri, I wouldn't be able to just go back being friends when I had such strng feelings for someone I can never be with.

Very stupid code! [face_frustrated]

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved it, Mousche. The feelings of longing and loss were just perfect. The way Siri had to deal with her emotions and to shut them off was the only way. I could see her doing that so very well. That Qui-Gon wanted to help and yet he knew that Obi-Wan might resent the intrusion. Loved the ending. It was just perfect - the tea, the warmth of touch. Great job. Wonderfully done.

12. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Once again great job! I actually had a story just like this in mind but I could never get it to work...I thought it would be a great touch to have Qui-Gon bring Obi-Wan some tea. This was fantastic really.

13. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I felt so bad for Obi-Wan and Siri here, losing their frienship as well as their romance. It would have had to be hard to be around each other for a while.

I am glad Qui-Gon was trying to let Obi-Wan know he was there for him.

14. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] I loved it. And thank you.

As much as it mayn't be a very nice thing to do - spying on your padawan - I think it's in keeping with Qui-Gon's emotions, and the way he handles things. I don't see that it's so wrong. And it gave him the knowledge that he sought. And he being who he is, he senses that he must do something to make up for all the times Obi-Wan stood by him. Awww. [:D] That's just like our compassionate Quigs.

I partclarly loved the understated way you portrayed Siri and Obi-Wan, and the obvious affection in between them. The way a certain touch and look explians so clearly to Qui-Gon, about how they feel about each other. And how Siri sort of bursts out. It is, really, like those old rites of courtship. That is as it should be.

Wonderful, Mousche. Leave me yearning for more mush. It's a treat, when it's from you.

15. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Awww this was nice :_|

Great job =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.