main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Love Actually

Discussion in 'Archive: Kent UK' started by AmberStarbright, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Ok as posted in the Main Discussion in the Kent thread.

The movie is released on the 21st which is a friday. And stars the lovely Alan Rickman [face_love] and Keira Knightley. Ok it has Hugh Grant in but we can ignore him now ;)

Is the 21st cool for people or would you rather the 22nd for the meet? :)

Also another thing we need to think about is whether we would prefer to see the movie in London or at Croydon?
    And times, times we will have to look at closer to the date but what does everyone think so far? :)

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Keira Knightley [face_love]

I think the 21st maybe a good idea considering me and dom will be up in london anyway, plus we went to croydon for the last meet so only fair we make it London this time. Only problem is which cinema in London??

I did have another plan however, I did consider having the meet at bluewater so we can get some christmas shopping done during the day and see the film in the evening, but this is best done on a weekday, so let me know what you like the sounds of :)

3. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Ah yeah I do try to forget about that mac thing :p

Well if you two are going to that then the nearest cinema is Angel.

As for Bluewater can discuss that in another thread :)

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    You try but fail because deep down you know you want to go to Mac-Expo 2003 :p

Angel is good for us aslong as you're OK for that? :)
    I think a late afternoon showing would also be ideal, but we'll have to wait until next week for timings most likely.

And I did think bluewater would be better for another time, but thought I'd throw it in to confuse matters, lol.

5. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol I'd go if you asked just to have a look but as you keep insulting me! :( ;)

Times are easy enough to look up on the internet anyway.
    Any other suggestions for places to see the movie?

Yeah trust you to make things complicated :p

6. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Aww, you know I'm teasing. Unfortunately the half-price ticket offer has finished, but I'll see what I can do if you really want to go. Although I haven't received my tickets yet which is worrying considering it's next week :(

The only other cinemas I'd be interested in are the small odeon ones scattered around (TCR, covent garden etc) which IMO are better then Leicester square which is over-priced and over-crap ;)

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Hmm I don't fancy travelling half way over London although covent garden I could go looking for the Australian store for Vegemite :D

But really makes sense for Angel as all three of us are going to be in that area :)

8. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Yeah, Angel sounds good.

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I take it you guys want to eat there as well?
    If so can decide on the day there are enough cafés, restaurant, pizza places, kebab shops etc around :)

10. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    ok according to the warner village website for Islington, the films times are:

14:10 17:20 20:30 23:40

Guys what time do you think you will be leaving the convention?

Just so we can plan which one we would like to se :)

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I don't think we'll be at the mac-Expo for that long, there's only so much greatness you can take in during a day, so I think the 14:10 showing is good and then we can go for a meal afterwards.
    I'm pretty open for where to go for the meal too, I'll even settle for japanesse or Indian :eek:

12. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Cool we won't need to book not for that time :)

I'll even settle for japanesse or Indian
    [face_shocked] **falls off seat**
    We shall see [face_mischief]

13. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    Japanese of Indian did you say Matt? That's a bit unlike you isn't it?

I'm pretty much open as far as food is concerned too, and I agree about the time ideas, as you were indeed right Matt, there is only so long that we can be in the presance of so many macs... :p

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    'We shall see [face_mischief] '
    lol, why do I feel I may regret saying that? ;)

It is a bit unlike me dom but I'm willing to give it a go.
    If I don't get the tickets for the expo early next week I'll have to make some enquires I think, so we may not see any macs at all which I know will disappoint you dom :p

15. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    Well, the Love Actually meet went rather well. I think the film was better than Four Weddings, for various reasons... ;)

16. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Been a productive meet with the mac exhibition and me purchasing a graphics tablet ;)

As well as discussing ideas for here ;)

I agree though I thought this film was alot better than four weddings and a funeral, nothing to do with eye candy in it at all [face_mischief]

As well as having an adventure getting home :p
    Just hope Matt can find his way back to his :p

17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I managed to get home OK, although I went via lewisham which wasn't pasrt of the plan but at least I knew where I was going ;)

I really liked Love Actually, which is shocking for me considering I've never really been into romantic comedies, although I think Keira made the difference for me this time. I also thought having 9 stories going on helped the film because it never got boring.

Although one of the highlights of the meet was dom nearly kicking someone in the head, by mistake of cause :p

18. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Everywhere last night on the way back to mine was dodgy....well until you got to the right side of the river that is ;)

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    And what side would that be? :p
    Nah, I have to agree with you on that one (for once). I had to dodge sevral police cars on the way back which says it all really ;)

20. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    Did the bloke know I nearly kicked him in the head? Perhaps I should have appologised...

21. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Yes he did know he gave you not such a nice look :p

22. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    Ooh...Oh well, at least I won't meet him again - I think I'm in the clear! ;)

23. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Do you now? [face_mischief]

24. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    [face_laugh] I managed to get his phone number and will invite him to the next meet where he will have his vengance [face_devil]

I can't believe some of the reviews I've read over the weekend for Love actually, the jist being that it's rubbish.
    And people on the radio have mentioned how sexy Alan Rickman was, so you're not alone amber ;)

25. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Glad to see there are some with taste ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.