main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas Says Indy 5 a Possibility?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I pretty much had the same opinion. Easily the least of the series, but I overall give it a thumbs up, warts and all. You know its interesting, because when Lucas and Spielberg were fighting about whether or not the movie should be about aliens, Independence Day came out. And then Spielberg went to Lucas and said, "See Goerge! Independence Day came out and was a great movie and became a big hit! Now we cant do aliens!" Well Mr. Spielberg, let me say that KOTKS is a FAR BETTER movie than Independence Day. And I think that's why it got decent reviews, in spite of not being as good as the first 3.

2. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I would say the least impressive Indy movie was "THE LAST CRUSADE". Obviously not as original as the other three films.

3. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    That's actually true, it's very much a rehash of Raiders. But what a rehash! It keeps duelling with the original for the position as my fave of the series. And if anyone ever asks you what onscreen chemistry is, you only need to show them Ford and Connery in Crusade. :)

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    For anybody interested Harrison Ford claims George is working on Indy 5

5. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
  6. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    I would imagine right now Lucas is trying to crack the story. Then he could take it to a writer.

7. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
    Most likely. Or he's already working with a writer. Could be, they've been talking about having agreed on a premise for quite some time. Am I the only one who would love Rossio/Elliot to write this thing?

8. HanSandwich

HanSandwich Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2011
    Has anything been confirmed for Indy 5?

9. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    Nothing beyond everyone would like to do another one.

10. inotropic

inotropic Jedi Master

Oct 4, 2009
    News archive:
    http://www.theraider.net/news/index_indy5.php

11. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
    The only thing Shia has probably got wrong here is the MacGuffin, since word from Ford last year was that they had agreed on one and that the story now needed to be worked into a screenplay.

Here's Shia, June 7:

"I talked to [Harrison Ford]," LaBeouf told MTV News when we got together with him at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards this past weekend. "He said he's staying in the gym, he said he's heard no word, but he does know that [George Lucas] is out there looking for a MacGuffin. He said he's staying in the gym, so it means [the movie is] not so far off."

But even if a fifth "Indiana Jones" isn't "so far off," it sounds as though series mastermind George Lucas has yet to nail down a specific story line. Shia isn't losing patience quite yet, however: "I mean, he's got to let it sit. He's going through his ruminations, which is extensive."

While the plot remains in development, it's clear that at least Harrison Ford wants to give another "Indiana Jones" movie a go.

"It's on George's plate," Ford told us of the sequel late last year. "And I'm hoping he's working hard at it, because I'd look forward to doing it again if the three of us could get together -- George, [director] Steven Spielberg, myself -- I'd love to do another."

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I wonder just what they're going to come up with for a MacGuffin. So far we've seen a pattern of Christian-non Christian relics alternating every other film (Ark, the Shankara Stones, Holy Grail, um...can you call immortal spacelings a "relic"? :p) so logic would seem to dictate some significant Christian relic. Although given the Soviet state's official atheism that might not make any sense.

13. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
    As long as they don't resurrect Chris Columbus' Monkey King script, I'll be fine with it. :p

14. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
  15. Adali-Kiri

Jul 31, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.