main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Lucasarts

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Dec 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah its going to be HUGE! Think of online roleplaying games them throw in some star wars and mix in some planets and aliens and then you have it.

It is in major development so there is not a lot of information just yet! :(

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Found this one dwelling at the bottom....

3. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Its funny how this topic came up again this year, about Star Wars Galaxy I mean. :)

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Yers I would have to agree with you there. I wish LucasArts would buck there ideas up and make some good ones. Ones like Force Commander, Episode 1 The Phantom Menace game and Jedi Power Battles were flops. I know that LucasArts have better potential in them. Instead of rushing the games to get them out in time for the release of the movies they should take their time and not rush them. Spend 5 years on a game and make it good. But I must also say that Star Wars: Battleground is looking very good using the Age of Empires engine so I hope thats a winner. There are TOO MANY Star Wars games on the playstation, N64 and Dreamcast. How about some games for us PC owners.

5. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    DOUBT NOT OH FAITHFULL LUCASARTS FANS!!!

I just received this preview in my email about a new game from lucasarts... YIPEE.. (and sorry to whoever wrote it, i dont know where its from!)

The acclaimed Jedi Knight action game saga returns with LucasArts' upcoming Star Wars Jedi Outcast:Jedi Knight II for Windows PC, scheduled for release in spring 2002.
    LucasArts, Activision Inc., and Raven Software have adapted the phenomenal Quake III Arena engine for the Star Wars galaxy in the development of Jedi Outcast. The result is a dynamic single and multiplayer action game that follows Kyle Katarn's struggle with the power of the Force and the temptation of the dark side. Star Wars Jedi Outcast takes place several years after Katarn's epic confrontation in the Valley of the Jedi. Fearful of the dark side's temptations, Katarn has all but abandoned the Jedi way. He can't run away from destiny, though, as he discovers a powerful Dark Jedi developing a new technology that harnesses the dark side of the Force.
    A multitude of complex and richly detailed Star Wars environments awaits players. Armed with the Force (with such powers as Heal, Jump, Speed, Force Push, Lightning and Jedi Mind Tricks) an arsenal of weapons (including the elegant lightsaber), prospective Jedi Knights can explore Cloud City, the Jedi Academy of Yavin 4, Nar Shaddaa and many never-before-seen locales.

sounds good eh? Aparently theres more details at the lucasarts site... Im going there now!

6. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    *drools*
    looks good :)

7. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Sounds to good to be true...

8. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Ooohh. Aahhh!
    Sounds good.

I didn't know the other game is based on the Age of Empires engine. I love Age of Empires I & II.

9. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Yeah... SW Battlegrounds should look pretty good.
    And they've also announced an expansion for Galaxies (that's due 2nd half 2002) where you'll be able to buy your own ships - transport or fighters and then fly to other systems. It's due about 6 months after initial release which will give ppl time to build up characters and get them used to the way the game works (and build up a supply of credits to buy a ship)

10. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I wonder if my rancor character could buy a ship!

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yes Jedi Knights: Outcast or whatever its called sounds TOO good to be true. I hope its going to be better than Jedi Knight or Dark Forces. I can't wait for Star Wars: Galactic Battleground to come out because I love Age of Empires 2.

12. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Its good that Jedi Knights: Outcast will be based on the Quake 3 engine and by the loos of Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, Raven Software should do a good job of it... hopefully.

13. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    *crosses fingers*
    I hope so.. as long as its not another flop..

14. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Soz.. double posted, kept getting this error..

Error: Timeout expired Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server [SnowBoards.DBHelper] RunSPReturnRS(sp_message_add, ...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB4 version 2.2.206] [SnowBoards.Message] MessageAdd(...) | boards.theforce.net [HNSC4AWEB4 version 2.2.206]

15. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    All three look very good. I see they are bringing Obi-Wan to the X-Box instead now after they cancelled it for the PC. Battlegrounds looks sweet, Jediknight using the quake 3 engine about time and Galaxies is lookin amazin. I hope they aren't going to charge you for playing it online though. Thats what they did Ultima Online and it sucked. Servers are another thing you have to think about.

Anyway it looks like Lucasarts might be getting themselves out of the crap heap before EP2 is released. *fingers crossed*

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Well I think it was Episode I that got them in the crap heap. As much as I liked TPM, it seemed to spawn a plethora of so-so games. Racer, rogue squadron, power battles etc might be ok for the kiddies, but I'd like to see Lucasarts do more of the kind of games that made them big in the first place.

17. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    unfortunately there'll probably be a charge to play Galaxies online.. there usually is with those sort of permanent online games. where the server/s is/are based is another thing- i played a game called the 4th coming which had a server in sydney, and it still had a lag problem :( *puts Perth based server on wish list*

18. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    *puts all I want for christmas is my own Galaxies server*

Please Santa make it come true this year, if you are actaully going to ever come through with the goods please start with this one and I will leave you alone for the rest of my dying days!

*waves hand*

You will get me this, SANTA!

19. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yes I would have to agree with your there SoulCrusher. LucasArts has been caught in a rut lately with flops such as Force Commander (PC), Episode 1 The Phantom Menace (PC and PSX) Podracer (PC) and then there is the crap like Episode 1 Obi-Wan adventures for the gameboy. i say dont bother with gameboy games and concentrate on PC games. Its about tiem they used the Quake 2 engine for a Star Wars game and Star Wars: Galactic Battleground is using the Age of Empires 2 engine which should be very good. I think LucasArts have pulled there thumbs out of their um... and are starting to release some good games. [face_clown]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.