main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lucasfilm Confirms: Michael Arndt To Write Screenplay For Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diggs, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Darth_Deception likes this.
  2. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Wow, what an article! Hoping there's some or complete truth to this. Could be pretty amazing.

3. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I like what I read there. His view on the ending of Star Wars was very interesting. Plus dude teaches a storytelling class, so he definitly must be the @#$^.

JainaSoloYJK and lightsaver like this.
  4. Barra_Jedi

Barra_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Good article!

5. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It's a rumor a day now!

Lucas already wrote 3 treatments, at least.

Anyone who can state the blindingly obvious about the original movie is now seen as "a Star Wars expert!!!"

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  6. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Scripts for Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine are fantastic. Combine that with his obvious (and by all accounts forensic) appreciation of what makes SW tick and he sounds like a brilliant choice.

There will be a little more to his seminar breakdowns than the blindingly obvious, I'm sure.

7. spoooooky

spoooooky Jedi Master

May 2, 2000
    Interesting, but there's no way they are waiting until 2014 to start filming if they want it out 2015. That's really the only odd item in the article.

8. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Another odd thing - It says Steven Spielberg is a "co-chair" of Lucasfilm.

I don't think that Spielberg has ever been involved in Lucasfilm except for directing the Indy movies and that scene in ROTS.

9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I love that we were supposed to get "no big news until spring." :D

10. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Interesting rumor considering his previous work. Though I'm sure a lot of people are writing treatments at the moment. :p

11. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I've watched screenwriting seminars, even been to a few (ages ago), they are literally like teaching an adult to tie their laces. It's self explanatory. Selling writing is 99% pure luck. Seminars are rip-offs. If you don't know what you're doing, listening to someone explain what you already know ain't gonna help. And more often than not, no one ever sells anything. My two cents.

But: he seems a nice enough gent. If it's true, I'll welcome him to the fold. Of course I just know there's probably a quote out there somewhere of him calling the PT "horsesh**"...I guess they can't all be Filonis...

12. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm a screenwriter myself and I've been fortunate enough to have sold a script or two so while some paid-for seminars may be basic, doesn't mean that everyone teaching them is only stating the obvious. Anyway, that's besides the point, which is: this guy is a major star wars fan and a very talented writer. Whether this pans out or is just another rumour, time will tell.

13. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Actually, what is says is

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Interesting news. Anyone who's written an Oscar-nominated Pixar script is fine by me for Star Wars.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    He would be a good choice.

16. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    This also makes me quite happy.

17. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Dude, that is so weird - I swear what I saw was "Steven Spielberg (Lucasfilm co-chair, the former producing partner of Kathleen Kennedy)".

Mad :(

18. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Doesn't sound good to me. I hope it's just a rumor. Toy Story and Hunger Games are NOT Star Wars caliber.

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, this. I'm not convinced we'll get 2015 even if they start filming next year.

Interesting as well that they list Brad Bird ahead of Spielberg and Abrams. ;)

Edit: LFL could have also just said "we don't have a writer at this time." That kind of non-comment on a fairly-specific rumor just gives credence to the rumor, IMHO.

20. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Speilberg hasn't made a "Speilberg movie" since the 1st Jurassic Park. Ever since he tried to get a Oscar he lost his touch and magic.

21. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Please say Little Miss Sunshine isn't Star Wars caliber. Please o please! Triple dog dare ya! [face_praying]

22. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Little Miss Sunshine isn't even in the same ballpark as Star Wars caliber. It's idiotic. A family traveling in a hippy bus? Cant even be COMPARED to Star Wars caliber. I can;t even believe someone would even THINK of having someone who wrote a movie like that doing Star Wars. It's beyond ridiculous. It's like having someone who wrote Winnie the Poo write the next Aliens movie.

23. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    What did Kasdan write before Empire? At least his guy has a few family-oriented movies under his belt.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

[​IMG]

Tintin and Snowy would like to have a word with you.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  25. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Ooooooh. You win, sir! You are officially... that guy! Mazel tov, my friend, mazel tov!!

GlobalMurrkitts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.