main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke, Mara, the Force, and Sex in the Expanded Universe (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HanSolOKniser3, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I think you'd have to convince the Jury of time travel. Sure, DNA test could prove the father of the child, but "she went back in time" is probably not admissible in a court of law. Besides, I'd think the Empire would want her for murdering one of their officers.

2. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Ummm...which Head of state? A couple of those were military targets....Unless you mean Omas, and he commited suicide.

3. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    I think there talking about when she killed Gilad Pellaeon.

4. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Hapans definitely can breed with "regular" humans - or at least Dathomiri, and both are similar enough to humans for a child to be produced.

Isolder/Teneniel
    Tenel Ka/Jacen

I'd argue that Hapans aren't even "near-human" but are just a racial group within humanity.

On the topic of descendants of Anakin Solo, without bringing the Ben Skywalker and the Star Wars equivalent of Maury Povich into it... it wouldn't be that hard. He was 17 when he died. I'm sure there were girls all over the galaxy that were into him, and if he ended up in close quarters with one or more of them and without Tahiri, especially when their lives are in danger and they don't know what's going to happen the next day, who knows?

"If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."

He would have felt guilty about it afterward, but he wasn't the most rational person in the worlds, and that mixed with him being a Force-sensitive teenager could easily have him in someone's bed if the other someone was attractive and willing.

Maybe a young Zeltron, but I don't know if Zeltrons and humans are genetically compatible.

5. DarkScythe

DarkScythe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    I don't see why Zeltron's wouldn't be compatible. We know that at least one blue and one orange skinned near human race can interbreed with humans. I don't see why Red would be any different.

I just think the Zeltrons being as free loving as they are probably have really great contraception options.

6. cs47

cs47 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2007
    Same could be applied to Twi´leks, i think.

7. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    I dunno. I'm pretty sure the Twi'leks are definitely a little too far off the human evolutionary track for interbreeding.

More to the point, given the reputation of Twi'lek women, if they were capable of interbreeding with humans I'd imagine we'd have seen a half-breed somewhere by now.

8. cs47

Nov 9, 2007
    But there might be some reasons for not "seeing" hybrids even if they are produced:

1) Contraceptive methods.

2) Hybrids don´t look different to purebreeds of one of the races (i´ll go with Twi´leks), at least not enough to distinguish them easily.

9. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    There are probably half breeds. They just haven't been shown.

10. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    I think Shug Nix was a half breed I think? [face_thinking]

11. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    He and Rystall (I think?) have been listed as "half-breeds" though Shug Ninx was with (if I recall correctly) "an unidentified near-human species."

I don't think Half-Breeds are meant to be a remotely significant portion of the SWU population. We'd see more of them if they were. I think it's safe to assume that most nonhuman species, even if of humanoid shape, can't crossbreed with humans. Doesn't mean there aren't exceptions to the rule out there, but I'd imagine they're few and far between.

12. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    Makes sense and it my guess that "half-breeds" only exist to begin with because of Sith and Arkanian technology altering species enough to make them compatible with other species that was not possible to breed with beforehand. [face_thinking]

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Both Rystall and Ninx are human-Theelin half-breeds.

14. cs47

Nov 9, 2007
    I tend to think that there are some other factors that explain the relative absence of half-breeds in the SWU:

1) Most planets are inahbited by people who belong to only one species. Which means that no matter how "open minded" they are, they just can´t interbreed with anyone because of lack of mates from different species.

2) Many isolasionist groups composed by beings only from one species (like the moisture farmers in Tatooine). They aren´t racist, but tend to marry within the group, which makes interbreeding nearly impossible.

3) This leaves us with only very cosmopolitan worlds with lots of inhabitants of a wide variety of species (and even more important, with people used to other species) and with backwater worlds with very small populations of every species, which means they´re forced to get along as good as they can and search outside their own race.

4) There is a great possibility that half-breeds don´t look particularly "hybrid" which means that it would be very difficult (if not impossible) to sort them out.

5) Even more, certain kinds of half-breeds might be so common that it´s not a particulartly noticeable thing in the SWU to be one. It doesn´t raise any attention or comments. Which probably leads us to overlook them. It could be the case with Twi´leks and Humans.

6) There are quite probably a good chunk of effective contraceptive methods. Particularly in use by certain species (Zeltrons, Twi´leks...).

15. DarkScythe

Jun 11, 2002
    When it comes to near human hybrids I imagine most of them will simply look like one parent or like a generic human.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any Human/Humanoid Alien hybrids that exist in the galaxy at large. I just imagine the majority of them would be infertile and the once in a blue moon kind of thing. Unless they were intentionally engineered. Which goes back to the old question exactly how advanced Fertility tech is in the galaxy far far away.

I doubt Star Wars will ever pull a Star Trek and say all races are linked through an ancient humanoid race and can interbreed willy nilly.

16. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Been playing Jedi Outcast again, after a long time... anyone else ever figure Desann & Tavion were a bit more than master and apprentice?

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/b7/Beauty_and_the_Beast.png]

17. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    ............................:eek: [face_worried] ...........[face_mischief] :D

AWESOME!!!!

18. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Eh... I dunno...

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b93/tripzero/sweetnothings.png]

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Smh at ya'll using our(or the U.S.) age of consent laws for the gffa.

20. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    What the hell kind of pictures are that? :eek:

21. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    That's just what I'd like to know. [face_plain]

22. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I just happen to have him on my icon :B

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    So, Trip brought it up the other day.

From the Dark Forces Saga 2:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20050407b

"Jan and Kyle's relationship was far from ideal, particularly with Kyle's dark mood swings and the close bond he formed with the former Emperor's Hand Mara Jade, but the pair pulled through."

o_O

Hands up if you think that implies that Kyle and Mara had an "affair" of some description above and beyond the "master-apprentice" thing?

*Uli raises hand*

24. DarkScythe

Jun 11, 2002
    *raises hand*

I'd say there was definitely something there. It may not have been a full blown sexual relationship but at the very least there was probably some major make out sessions with heavy petting.

Of course in my head I prefer to think they slept together once and one of them called out the wrong name so they decided never to talk about it again.

25. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Of course they did. Kyle would be a complete fool if he didn't get a piece of Mara. Let's face it, Mara was the hottest woman in the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.