main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke or Han?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by LukesGirl, Aug 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    Miriamidala:

"Luke had to overcome countless obstacles..."

--um...and Han didn't?! Luke had a FAMILY! Han had Shrike. big difference there. Han had to overcome being a no one to MAKING a living. Luke had to whine to his uncle about having no money. his only TRUE friend since the beginning has died, and the person that was as close to a mother as he ever had died too(im talking about Dewlanna here), he never had a permanent home, the only way he could earn any money was through piloting for outlaws, he learned never to show his emotions because if he did, he'd get a beating...do you want me to go on? trust me, i will!

"...creating the IMBALANCE in the Force, but Luke is the one who once again BALANCES it..."

--uh, i think you are talking about Anakin Skywalker. He balanced the Force by first turning to the Dark side, and then to the Light.

WOW, Kermit, im sorry for not being here to back you up!!! well i am now...

TOP 10 REASONS TO VOTE FOR HAN (you knew it was coming): well, right now my mother is on a cleaning freak and kicking me off, so i will get to this later tonight(hopefully).

Keep it up, Kermit! and how many credits are you willing to add to our bounty hunter's account?

2. Kermit

Kermit Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2000
    as many as it takes, V, as many as it takes.

gotta do the work thing for a little while, but u work on your top 10 and i'll work on mine, maybe we can start and official top 10 thread...

3. LukesGirl

LukesGirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2000
    You guys are the only one posting! And I thought that more people had voted. I think they are frighted of us. Hehe! When do you guys get time to post? I need to get a lab top! Luke is still wining, but not by much! Come on Jedi fans!

4. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    eh, i sneak on whenever i have the time, my brother has his own comp. in his room and he's my only real competitor. usually im on when my mom isn't home...you know, so i can post in peace and quiet... :)

5. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    I've already voted here, and I'm sorry to go off-topic, but I've got to take a minute to explain "Balance of the Force" for Vergere and Miriamidala.
    My belief is that the Force is imbalanced whenever an individual starts using it's dark side. Allthough Vader used the Dark Side a lot after he was turned by the Emperor, he ultimately brought balance by hurling the Emperor down the Death Star shaft. By his sacrifice, the Sith were exterminated, and balance was restored to the Force. I like Luke because he CAUSED his father to bring balance, but he did not directly bring that balance.

6. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    ok that is your OPINION. i got the gist that you thought it was the way things were no matter what.

its ok to get off topic...we do that a lot here...

my opinion? when one side has more than the other is basically my thoughts. there has to be both light and dark side. when there are both, they cancell each other out and the "scale" balances itself. when there were more light JEdi than dark(or sith) as in TPM, when there were no sith, or there was only one(depends on your point of view)--at that point in time the light side had the advantage. in OT, there were no light JEdi, only dark. this tipped the scale in favor of the dark side.

and just to get us thinking about the topic...VOTE HAN!!!!!!!!!

7. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    I miss a few days and it grows from 9 to 12... I gotta get over here more!

Luke's winning?NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

VOTE HAN!!!!!!!!!

Sari

8. Rilina

Rilina Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2000
    Han. Luke whines too much (But I was going to go over to Botchi St. to get some power converters!). To me the real question is: Han or Wedge?

9. LukesGirl

Aug 4, 2000
    It's 44, 46! Guess who got the 46? Go Luke!!

10. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    vote luke!!!!!!!!

11. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    vote luke!!!!!!!!

12. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    you know i don't know who knocked this page out of wack but its really starting to annoy me...ALL the threads are doing this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and please vote Han, deep down, we all know he's better.

and to the person that messed up, it's Toshi Station.

13. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    c'mon...vote Luke!

14. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    c'mon...vote Luke!

15. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    Vergere, here's a new page.
    happy?

and now for my famous line: VOTE LUKE!

16. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    yes. i am.

VOTE HAN VOTE HAN VOTE HAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. KathrynSkywalker

KathrynSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2000
    Please. We all know that this doesn't even qualify as a question. The answer will always be LUKE!! Duh.

18. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    if it doesn't qualify as a question, then why is there an answer?

19. Kermit

Aug 2, 2000
    Good point, V! So, Kathryn we're sorry but that little remark just made your vote void. Because this is a very serious matter.

Sorry, been out of the loop for a day. I see all I really missed was LIZ stuttering about Luke. Hey, girlfriend, you guys are ahead (although not for long) so lay off the sauce.

RILINA: Should you be brave enough to come back I could not agree with you more. Corellians are the best at...well, everything.

LGIRL: I post this sweet moving moment for the whiney guy over on the Fav Quote thread and you come back with a Han insult? I am hurt. I thought we were pals.

Anybody want to head over to the cantina? I havent eaten since lunch and I'm starved. Who's off topic? ('Hey-it's me')

VOTE HAN!!!

20. Rilina

Rilina Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2000
    Reasons to vote for Han (in no particular order):
    -he saves Luke's butt twice.
    -better lines ("I'm sorry, Princess, we don't have time for anything else")
    -that lopsided smile
    -I'll take tall, dark, and handsome over blond and blue-eyed anyday.
    -doesn't crash twice in ESB!
    -his flying in the asteroid field
    -um, the millenium falcon?
    -he doesn't have the hots for his sister at any point during the OT.

(Vergere: Thanks for a the fix on the Luke quote--Botchi Station? I guess I subconsciously knew I was botching the line. But the delivery is still incredibly funny.)

21. Kermit

Aug 2, 2000
    GO RILINA! GO RILINA!

VOTE HAN! VOTE HAN!

22. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

ok:

1.what is up with this stupid forum!?!?!?!?!?! every time i click on a link, it either logs me out or report that the thread was deleted!

2.go Rilina!!!!!!! yeah, i definitely agree on the incest thing. and just to add on...HAN IS JUST PLAIN BETTER!!!! HIS SKILLS EVEN GOT HIM IN OTHER MOVIES IN OTHER UNIVERSES!!!! :)

3.hey Kermit, you're back! yay!!!!

4.VOTE HAN!

23. LukesGirl

Aug 4, 2000
    Hey, I'm back, vote Luke.

24. Kermit

Aug 2, 2000
    gee, LG. That inspired me...

25. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Well I might as well support our favorite Jedi.

VOTE LUKE!

He is the best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.