main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Mace, Fisto, Tiin and Kolar vs. Sidious

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012

Yes. and the prequels at least told us that it was not the Cleavage of Sidious that did it.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You mean like how Vader cleaved Obi-Wan?

3. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    No, I mean like what led to the conception of my wee ones.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The promise of sex between two men? :confused:

5. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    you like Sidious as a kid before you saw Sidious in the Return of the Jedi?

6. Cantina Bassist

Nov 5, 2012
  7. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    ....oh god!
    [​IMG]

rumsmuggler and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  8. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Keep in mind that the Jedi want to arrest Sidious while he goes for the kill. And it seems that fighting the sith one on one is a better strategy but Mace doesn't realize this (Yoda seems to). Although I think it could have been done in a more believable fashion.

Also, before criticizing Jedi's actions, think about those of Palpatine's. He's just told Anakin what he is and he knows he's going to report that... and then he just sits there, all by himself, and waits for the posse to show up? The only reason he's doing it is because he's foreseen the future (remember, the Jedi are having trouble with that, or Sidious would be in power).

I suspect that the whole thing was staged for Anakin's benefit (see, the Jedi are evil like I've told you), to force him to take Palpatine's side.

Telling anyone (even the Jedi on the battlegrounds) is dangerous because communications can be breached. And they probably don't trust anyone in the Senate, even Bail Organa's circle.

I'd say arresting the Sith Chancellor quickly and in secrecy might be the best way to go. And Palps knows about it. Otherwise, he could have started Order 66 earlier.

9. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    On paper, I could totally believe that Palpatine could dispatch of them with ease. But on film, it only makes the Jedi seem weak in comparison. Honestly, if all the Jedi could so much as block a blow like Kit Fisto, it would seem more believeable. It stopped being a surprise attack once Palpatine wound up for all his jabs.

10. Cantina Bassist

Nov 5, 2012
    Actually if you listen to the Emperor's dialogue in Jedi his disdain of lightsabers is pretty clear. But as with many other cool ideas from the OT, the prequels take a giant crap on that.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    He only calls it a Jedi weapon as if the Sith in general don't use them. But Sith not using lightsabers is a lame idea, not a cool one. It means bye-bye lightsaber fights. And if Sith in general use lightsabers then Palpatine, as a Sith, should use one. A supposed galactic despot who outright refuses to use technology that can pretty much cut anything? Sounds unlikely.

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

You really, really, ought to read the previous drafts of Return Of The Jedi where the...Emperor literally has a lightsabre up his sleeve and....fights with it.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  13. BoomBach

BoomBach Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    Honestly the era of Jedi were inexperienced when it came to dueling Sith Lords but I'm inexperienced in fighting but that doesn't mean you can kill me and four friends in five seconds. Four on one would be a fight no matter what.
    And when it comes to Sidious not being a duelist ALL Sith are duelist or Darth Maul or Dooku would of just chopped off his head and become the Sith Lord themselves.

14. Cantina Bassist

Nov 5, 2012
    What does a previous draft have to do with anything? You may as well be reading the script for On Golden Pond.

.....or maybe he would have employed the Force lightning bit against those two? Or some other form of weaponry? My tactic would be to tease Dooku about his name. I could go on for hours about that goofiness.

15. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Boombach: not completely true

1. there are otherways to defend yourself apart from using a lightsaber, the logic that you must be super experianced in being a duelist in case your apprentice decides to kill you with a lightsaber is somewhat flawed

you might aswell be an expert in..never falling asleep (ie Plagueis)

or

knowing that a looming great figure is about to throw you down a shaft -erspecially now Vader for warns him with a NOOOOOOOO (ie Sidious)

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The point is, your whiny rant about Sidious having a lightsabre only being in the prequels is wrong. It's an original idea from the first trilogy. But you wouldn't care about that, would you?

-NaTaLie- likes this.
  17. Cantina Bassist

Nov 5, 2012
    I'm commenting on an idea based on the actual dialogue from Episode VI & expressing an opinion on what was done instead in Episode III. What makes it a "whiny rant"? the fact that you don't agree with it? Great criteria.

18. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I always liked the idea that Sidious might have had a lightsaber hidden beneath his robes in ROTJ,

Sidious is a slimy git after all :p

DarthBoba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.