main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mankind Being Exterminated, Time to Kick Some Butt: The Halo 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Miin_Bodenna, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I think the minimal broadband connection speed for Xbox live should be 512kb download/256kb upload. Even at this speed you might encounter some lag in really crowded servers or gamerooms. And there's also the matter of cost. In my neck of the woods, the main ISP charges about $60 monthly for a DSL service running at that speed, not including the regular phone line rent and other charges. The cable company's service is supposedly just as fast or faster and cheaper, but it's simply not too widespread yet. As it is, online gaming is too much of a luxury down here. :(

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    So I am thinking about getting this soon ... I have a question. Is there like a time limit on each level that you play? Or do you have all the time to think, develop strategy, blah blah?

Thanks!

3. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    No time limits, you can go about your business as you please.

4. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    That's awesome.

I hate having to hurry up on something just because there is a time limit. It seems less rushed, more stategic to have a no time limit. That's good news!

5. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    A lot of the music and pacing often times makes you feel like you have to rush through certain stages. Often times the score will mislead you into running in head first, guns blazing to some rock anthem, but you might want to try sniping or just let two other enemys pummel each other to death.

6. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    So two more questions ... do you have a squad of troops that are with you throughout the missons?

And I saw that people can change their color and stuff ... is that just multiplayer or single player as well?

7. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    You get an allotted amount of troops each level. I always manage to get mines to live through out the level. Every now and then you get an invincible hero ally. Like Sergeant Johnson, or the Special Ops Elite leader(whom deserves a name. What an outrage to have such a speaking role and no name. Come to think of it, the elites mostly remain nameless save their ranks.).

You can also pick up more at pre-planned points.

Another great thing to do is give them good weapons. I normally give them some Swords, shotguns,Rocket launchers, brute shots, fuel rod guns, or sniper weapons. Believe me, your squad will be an unstopable force.

8. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Well, I finished the game. Pretty impressive, but the whole game felt really rushed. What was the deal with the ending with Cortana? Was she captured?

9. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Well, Halo 2 has been out like 2 weeks now. It's still great, especially on Xbox LIVE! The single player story was great and the ending isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. There's still a lot to figure out, especially the Gravemind. Anyone who has xbox live, send me a friend request. GamerTag- XenoSphere

10. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    Alright,
    Gamertag-Unsung ZERO

11. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I bought an xbox lst month because of halo 2. I buy halo 2 beat it on Heroic in 5 days. I was sorta disapointed [face_plain]

/,,/
    Rock on!

12. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    It was easy, but it was awesome! Way better than Halo!

13. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    What do you guys think of my stats?

Bungie.net

I've been playing every other day since launch.

14. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Here comes some multiplayer maps...

Halo 2 Multiplayer Madness

$19.99 for 9 Maps (I don't have Live). Would that be worth it?

15. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I'd say its worth it.

I just got live the other day. Whats everyones gamertags? If yall already posted them, my bad. My gamertag is shon jawn.

16. -The_Chosen_One-

-The_Chosen_One- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    I'm not sure if this is just me but I've tried numerous times to download the new maps and I can't.

Every time I try to get them, the download bar goes full and it appears that the download completes, but the next screen comes up and explains that there was a "problem" recieving the data and I won't be able to access the maps now. Then, when I log back on to live it says "The content you have downloaded is damaged and is not available for use. Try again later."

Is anyone else getting this message? If so, and you've recieved them, what is later? How long must I wait for the downloads to work on my Xbox?

17. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    I downloaded them okay.

I talked this over with my buddies on live, and they thought that my idea of making a single player bonus map seemed pretty on the ball. What do you guys think? Sure the file would be huge, but I'd wait.

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I got my Xbox Live set up a few weeks ago, and I am utterly addicted to Halo 2 online. I'm a Level 19 now, and lately I've been finishing in the top 3 every game. I excel at using the "pistol whip" move; that's how I get the majority of my kills.

Favorite map: Tie between Sanctuary and Lockout.
    Least favorite map: Colossus

19. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    Beaver Creek is far worse than Colossus.

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I happen to like Beaver Creek. I use the teleporters to attempt to ambush people. And the stone arch is fun for sniping.

21. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    Both are very good maps if your not playing with such limited circumstances. With more then four people sharing one tiny TV both are good for MLG rules on Live

22. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    "Turf" (one of the new maps) is the best map for Halo 2, ever. The new swamp map, the one with 2401 Pentient Tanget floating around is very good too.

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Apparently the swamp map isn't available for free yet, because I haven't played on it. Turf is pretty fun.

24. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    I got off the map in Backwash the first hour I got it and found a secret message. "It's looking pretty rough up here."

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I just played a game where I got 5 kills in 10 seconds. It was beautiful.

We were playing Rumble Slayer on Midship, and I had 20 points while the leader had 24. I saw a group of people fighting, and I just dived in headlong. I used my meleé attack and grenades to kill all 4 almost at once, then someone killed me. As soon as I respawned, I sought out and killed someone else, giving me the 25th kill. What a game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.