main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Many Happy Returns - On hiatus due to bereavement - new message 11/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahi, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -DDR-

-DDR- Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2007
    Looking forward to the next post Tahi, hope you get plenty of writing time soon. (Must learn patience. :D

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi there DDR. :) I'm working on the chapter as we speak. And you're allowed to be impatient if you like. ;)

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    On April 14, my husband passed away due to a heart attack - it was completely unexpected as he seemed to be quite fit and healthy. Thanks to all of you for all the kind and thoughtful messages. My family are all very grateful for the support and love. I'm not sure when I'll be back on board here, so I'm putting the story on hiatus. In the meantime - thank you all again.
    Aroha
    Tahi

4. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Shoot. I made a post about your unfortunate loss in the TMA thread, but I forgot to do it here. :oops:[face_beatup]

5. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    I guess at a time like this it's difficult to find what to say. I think I'll just mention how sorry I am for your loss Tahi. Everyone here understands how difficult a time this is for you and that you won't be around for some time. Just know that we'll all be here waiting for you when you get back. Take good care of yourself.

Morgoth. :)

6. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    Tahi, there is nothing that can be said at a time like this that can truely make u feel any better, just know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family, family is what is important right now, best wishes as you deal with this, and sorry for your loss

forceaddict

7. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I know it won't actually help any, but I have to say how sorry I am for your loss, Tahi. I believe I speak for everyone here when I say our thoughts are with you and your family. Take care of yourself.

Draco. [:D]

8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
  9. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Rest easy Tahi and know that we are here. :) [face_love]

10. DaveSlave1

DaveSlave1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2008
    Im very sorry to hear about your loss Tahi, may God be with you and your family.

11. -DDR-

Aug 9, 2007
    Tahi what can I say except how sorry I am to hear such sad news. You and your family are in my thoughts. Wishing you all strength in the coming days

12. KatMom

KatMom Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2008
    Oh no! Tahi please accept my condolences to both you and your family. You will be in my prayers. [:D] Give yourself time to heal.

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I just want to say thanks so much to all of you - JA, Morgoth, Force, Draco, Yoda, Kick, DaveSlave, DDR and KatMom - for your kind thoughts and wishes. I and my family are very humbled and grateful for all of you. I'm truly blessed to be lucky enough to not only have a very supportive extended family but also to know such lovely people as yourselves. [:D]

I'd like to share this poem with you. I wrote it for my husband's funeral and we printed it in the order of service. The funeral directors - who were fantastic - managed to print it over an image of a barrel, because my husband's business involved turning wine barrels into garden planters and furniture. A lot of people knew him as "The Barrelman". He was on the road a lot, and died at his sister's place while on a short trip to deliver some planters.

He was what you might call a character - very energetic, a hard worker, could be stubborn and difficult, especially when it came to authority and bureaucracy (ask any traffic cop in NZ and they would probably know him as the annoying guy who always managed to argue his way out of traffic fines!) - but was intensely proud of his kids and grandkids and did everything with them in mind. He was also a man who enjoyed helping people, and never expected anything in return.

He left home on the morning of Tuesday April 14th and died that night.

Incomparable
    (For Chris)

You left on Tuesday in your normal rush -
    places to be, people to see,
    following the road which was
    as usual your home from home,
    the white line the only convention
    you?ve never argued against.

You left on Tuesday. It seemed
    so ordinary . . . that perhaps
    we should have known you?d
    surprise us; ordinary, after all,
    has never been your way.
    But even so, when they said
    you wouldn?t be coming back
    it seemed wrong, somehow.

You always came back. You were
    the indestructible one, indefatigable ?
    you grabbed life by the scruff of its scrawny neck
    and shook it until it turned it into a vast canvas
    of technicolour possibilities ? quirky, compelling,
    unequivocally yours.

You left on Tuesday in your normal rush ?
    but not so fast that you didn?t have time
    to leave a footprint, too vibrant,
    too colourful to fade. We see it
    in the memories of those who loved you,
    in the personalities of your children ?
    your inheritance, your challenge
    to the world. Uniquely Chris.

14. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    That was really beautiful, Candi. Thank you for sharing it with us [:D]

15. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I'm so sorry for your lost! @};-

16. DaveSlave1

DaveSlave1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2008
    That was beautiful, thank you, best wishes to you and your family again.

17. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    I'm so sorry Tahi, please accept my condolences. [:D] I shall keep you and your family in my thoughts and I know the next few months won't be easy.
    That poem was beautiful and I would think your husband would be happy to have such a special tribute.
    Please take care of yourself, I know how easy it is as a mother to be so busy taking care of kids that you forget to look after yourself.

18. -DDR-

Aug 9, 2007
    I hope things are going okay, Tahi. Take care. (That was a great poem and tribute to your husband.)

19. KatMom

KatMom Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2008
    The poem is beautiful, Tahi.
    I so hope things are going well for you.....stay strong. [:D]

20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hi, Tahi:

Just popping in to encourage you to take the time you need but know you have friends waiting for you. [:D]

21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    First of all, I just want to thank you all for the kind messages and support. [:D] It's been a tough few months, but we're getting there.

Second - I haven't managed to be here for a while, but a friend emailed me to tell me that this story plus a few others have been nominated in the awards. Thanks so much for the nominations - it really is very kind, especially considering I have neither been here to support you all, nor I have written anything in ages. I'm a bit blown away to be honest.

I'll make every effort to put together some excerpts, but if I don't manage it, please don't take it as sign that I don't care. Far from it, I'm really chuffed.

Thanks so much again for all the wishes. I hope to reply properly soon. I've been - along with my two oldest children - busy sorting out and tidying up my husband's business.

22. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    I'm going to UP this...

Then I'm going to say how nice it is to see you Tahi, I hope you and your family are doing well. I think I speak for everyone when I say don't worry about excerpts for the awards, You'll do fine even without them. (You're kind of an awesome writer you see, lol.)

Take care of yourself and your family and as always, we'll all be waiting here for you on the forums.

best wishes and good luck for the awards,

Morgoth :)

23. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Very nice of you, Morgoth! I know Tahi appreciates it. [:D]

24. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Omigosh! Tahi, I just now saw the title on this thread and read your news. I'm so terribly sorry for your sudden loss. For you to think of posting to your friends and fans here at such a time is merely proof of the amazing person that you are.

Your poem for Chris is just beautiful. @};-

I know from your brave words that you will always take pride and comfort in the life and the family you created together. I'll be thinking about you! [:D]

oldj

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Dear Dear Dear Tahi: my deepest condolences and my words but that's a gorgeous poem!!! Huggles!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.