main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheB5Fan, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    Frodo, where can I *find* Union? Is it just in normal bookstores? I haven't had any luck so far -- and I'm dying to read it!

2. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh hello Artemis! :D I'm so sorry for you,hope you'll get it soon. I don't know which country are you from, but at least you can order it online, from Dark horse comic publishers!! Or if ya live in the states,in the comicshops, I think too. Well I live in Germany and I went to a comic shop here and since end of Mai,I can get it there or I can order it from the Dino comic publishers, who replace Dark Horse here.Good luck Artemis! Sounds Greek (broad smile)

Long live Mara and Luke
    May they have many kids!!
    Go team Jade.

3. Artemis

Jun 20, 2000
    It *is* Greek, thanks -- Artemis was the goddess of the hunt, the moon, nature, etc, and the twin sister of Apollo. (And SW has a thing for twins, right?) Or am I telling you stuff you already know? Oops. =)

Thanks for the advice on Union -- I'll go through the comics at the bookstore again, but unfortunately the one with the most closed recently. It was a good store. Sigh. Everything I like shuts down: it's the X-Files' last season, the Far Side ended, Babylon 5 disappeared ... hopefully I can't affect SW, right?!

4. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    I think with SW you definitely got luck, Artemis(grin) A long way to go with the NJO. Thanks heaven

Long live Mara and Luke

5. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    So sorry guys, but I need to bring this tread back, cuz our beloved tread crashed and now finally I think! Geez cann't snowboard wait for this step till we get the 3000th post?? :( . I posted 3 messages and none of them showed up! :(

Nevertheless Cure Mara
    SKYWALKER RUGRATS NOW
    GO TEAM JADE

6. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Jaded and TRMJ!! THANKS ! Ya know what I mean your Fan Art. :) This private message option is really cool!

Cure Mara Go team Jade

Skywalker rugrats now

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Hmmm...think I just answered my own question. I posted over in "reborn" thread and it hasn't shown up yet. Anyone else? Have we reached snowboard's limits?

ADMIRAL THRAWN60 asked over there if Mara is in ROTJ. My answer: from a purely movie stand-point = No! The character was not even introduced until 8 years after ROTJ was released. According to the books, however, she was there and many people like to think the girl in the blue wig is Mara...

8. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hm ya know I saw a picture a time ago, who supposed was Mara in RotJ, but not with red hear! She wear silber or white hear! I'm searching to the picture again, if there's a need to. But the redhaired dancer in the movie RotJ was certainly not Mara, that I'm sure. Mara's name in that time was Arica, I've read this story in a paperback, cann't remember the name of that book though, something like Tatooine Cantina or so. Written by J.Anderson??

Skywalker Rugrats now
    Go team Jade

9. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, the other thread hasn't crashed ... yet! =)
    Go to the following link, and you'll see your lost messages!
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=246960&page=125

10. Casta

Casta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2000
    We are trully amazing....we just *crashed* another thread.

11. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Gosh these threads are big. Mara Jade sure has a lot of fans....me included. :D

12. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Welcome back to the MJFC Strikes Back thread. I want to wish everyone a Happy Holidays. I'll see you all soon.

This here is where we should post for the time being. As soon as everything is worked out I will post the needed info here. On to 10000 in the MJFC Reborn, well soon as its straightened out. I'm delusional yes. Talk more later.

~The Insane One

13. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi TK it's about time. :) Heaven I just wonder where you were!! Happy holiday to ya too!! :)

CURE MARA!!!!!!
    SKYWALKER RUGRATS NOW!!!

Jasses it's weird to see my own old post!! :(
    But okay hope it doesn't take that long!

14. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    "Where did you dig up that old fossil?"

Well, I guess this is my first post in this particular Mara fan club.

I hope everyone has a Mara Christmas!

15. spicelord1

spicelord1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2000

Hello Gang!

Just stopping by to wish everyone best holiday wishes and a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Very weird posting over here instead of at the MJR. I dont know how long I can stand to watch that thread sink. Oh well.

Happy holidays to all!!

(Feel like I am cheating over here! How long is this going to last? I am home sick already. *sigh*)

16. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Good to see everyone, well that's not away or occupied with family for Christmas.(Not that its a bad thing. Enjoy the time away and with family!)

Frodo: Thank you. I hope to talk to evrybody and start spreading the word on 10000 soon. I'll pull the names list off the other thread and msg 'em or e-mail them.

Hope: Hmmmm, Page 54. If it is, don't worry. Look at the dates, we haven't used this thread in months. The MJFC was officially dead on the last board, we moved into a couple others. Then the Snowboard transition came and we found the MJFC to be resurrected on Snowboard, so we returned to it.

SL1: I know, I know. We'll get plans made ASAP so we can get the milestone out of the way and return to that thread! Capice<sp>?

Enjoy the break and the holidays, see you all Tuesday morning, if you can or decide to show. I won't let the Holidays slow me down to much.

~The Insane One

17. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    Well, I?m in between holiday festivities right now and thought I?d check in.

<sniff, sniff> Smells kind of musty in here. Maybe we could just open a window for a few minutes to let in some fresh air. I?ll bring back some flowers or something to liven up the place ? and maybe a dust rag or two. Are we going to bother taking the sheets off the furniture, or are we only staying for a few days?

Oh wait ? I reloaded the page and just answered my own question. Tuesday it is. And thanks, TK and Frodo for trying to organize all of us! It?s a feat with all of our crazy and different schedules (and time zones).

I?ll check back in later tonight after presents time ? I asked for SW Trivial Pursuit and the LOTR set, so I?ll let you all know how I fared. :-D

Anyone catch the TB/GB game today? Aww man, so close, so close. Tampa Bay?s still in the playoffs, but we really could?ve used that home field advantage ? we don?t get much cold weather training down here. I felt bad for Green Bay though ? they did such a great job and Chicago even won, but since New Orleans lost, they?re out of the playoffs. Bad New Orleans, bad. I?m a TB fan first, but I have a soft spot for GB too. . . Oh well.

I feel like today is Thanksgiving rather than Christmas Eve ? spent the day at friends of the family?s house watching football and stuffing ourselves on turkey dinner. Of course, my own family will be having turkey dinner tomorrow, so I?m not sure how exciting that will be. . . at least it?s not turducken! (where?s Phoenix with all of his other meat creations?)

Be back later!

18. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Payson: Sorry to say, you've jumped the gun. We will be here at least a few days. I need to send msg's and e-mails out to everyone I can. So that will be at least a couple days.

I'll post the info on the date in CAPS. Capice? Thank you for your patience and understanding.

~The Insane One

19. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    Hi gang!

I thought I should just stop by and see if you had achieved the 10,000 post at the MJFCR and saw that you guys moved here.

Anyway, when you decide the D day (Is that how you say it?), let me know!

Just one idea: we could reach 10,000 posts late evening December 30th, what do you think? It would be easier to have most people here than Christmas or New Year!

TRMJ

20. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    You know, seeing my old posts, I remembered that I used to sign all of them with my L&M gif (the one with the heart beating, remember?) I miss it so much! =(

Anyway, MARA CHRISTMAS! =)

TRMJ

21. mara03

mara03 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2000
    OOOH, I can't wait for the big event! So far I've missed every single one. GRRRR.

Merry merry merry Christmas Eve, folks! I think I spent all day watching football. Grr. Then went over to my step-grandparent's for dinner ....and let me tell ya, I have a HYPER family. Still trying to recover :)

It's weird to be posting here. <sniff sniff> What's that smell?

Jen

22. Artemis

Jun 20, 2000
    Mustiness. Lots of it.

Oh my gosh, my very first post is here! Back on page 23, with the 50 messages per page setting, that is! Wow, that seems like so long ago! *imagine girly coo here*

Okay, so what are we up to? Is this just our holiday home? Cabin in the woods or something? Has anybody put the lights up yet? (I'm asking 'cause I'm too short to do it!) I have more cookies -- anybody want almond ones? Chocolate mint ones perhaps?

I definitely think we should shoot for 10,000 sometime soon, but I don't know when -- it's so hard to get ahold of people this time of year. Are we looking at Tuesday or Saturday? I'm bad at planning things -- I'll just try to be here whenever we choose.

Happy holidays! Be back soon!

23. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    So soon as possible I think should it happen!
    I've read B5 message on the other board!What if he's right?We really should consult one of the admin now!! What do you all think??

24. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll let ya know that in name of the MJFC I've PM the admins already! It's because to be sure if it's allowed.I asked them to give us feedback! Hope they'd listen to us!!

Hope you've had all a nice time!!
    I cann't complain myself!!
    Comeback later!! :)

Ps want to say sorry that I've not waited for you respond,but B5 message made me nervous!And I thought the earlier the admins know what's going on, the better for us! That's why I've PM the admins without your permission!! Thanks for your understanding!! :) :)

Tina!

25. niqella

niqella Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I'm so stuffed I feel like a Christmas turkey :) Sleep tight.
    Ella

PS: Good Idea B5 and Frodo -- It would be great if someone could drop one of the admins a note.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.