main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary ~~~ March 13th Meeting ~~~

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DrHaggis, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    One........................more...........................sleep!!!!!

2. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Finally able to confirm that I will be there! Yay!

Jen

3. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay, I think I've got everything. I'm shutting down my systems here, and stepping out the door. I should be there in about 2 hours from this post time.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

See you all there!!!

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    What?! I'm the first one to post after the meeting? And I had the longest drive home (just stepped in the door no more than 15 min ago).

Anyway, I had a good time. Glad I was FINALLY able to make it out. Hopefully next time I can start remembering a few more names/faces.

Side note on the movie. Where did that version come from? It's like it was somewhere between the very original version, and the "SE". I miss Luke's "Neveeeeeerrrrrrrrr!" I'd forgotten how pissed Vader sounds when he says, "Bring my shuttle." Short and to the point, but having him refer to his personal Star Destroyer sounds cooler, but his new phrase is too long.

And..............I've never really thought about this till tonight: I like how Leia waits and lets a few asteroids bang up Han's precious ship, BEFORE she lets him know (of the danger)! *LOL* It's not like the asteroids snuk up on them or the Falcon came out of hyperspace into an unknown field (again).

5. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I'm glad so many people could make this meeting! I hope people like the direction the organization is taking.

I believe that the viewings have been using the Laserdisc version, which would place it between the original and the SE.

"A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind."

6. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    What we saw was the Definitive Collection LaserDisc set. This was the same version as the original.

7. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Just wanted to say thanks! I had a great time the other night.

P.S. Jedi dance mix rocks in the free world!

8. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Glad to hear that you like the CD. My favorite tracks are #5 and #10. I'll post the cover for it so you can download it.

Heres a pick of the group for this outting.

[image=http://www.calgaryfanforce.com/images/imgs.jpg]

9. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Is it too early to plan the April meeting??!![face_mischief] Mondays seem to work for most of us, and April 10th is a month away.....

April 17th is Easter Monday so our 'secret Rebel location' may not be available to us that day. I guess we'll just have to wait for our rebel 'spy' Damien to hook us up again! You ROCK dude!!

23 years later and that line still gives me chills [face_hypnotized]
    'Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.'
    'He told me enough! He told me you killed him!'
    'NO. I AM YOUR FATHER...!' :eek:

10. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    I totally agree!

6 years ago The Washington Post (possibly the most well-respected newspaper in the world) did an article on the greatest entertainment moments in the first 2000 years of human civilization. The list featured live performances at Woodstock, Olympic highlights, the debut of the television, and the moon landing.

What was the #1 greatest entertainment moment in the first 2000 years of civilization? Yup, it was the scene in ESB when Darth Vader says to Luke: "I AM YOUR FATHER"! I would have thought that was obvious, but it's nice to see the Post give credit where it's due.

11. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Meeting was great always good to see everyone had loads of fun again can't wait till next month.

12. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_alien_1] Can't wait for the next meeting! It was awsome! Thanks again to all those who arranged our meeting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.