main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass March meet thread....let us rendezvous with the spring season

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by McLOVIN, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Well hopefully with the weather getting warmer we can get another meet in and get back to business.

What weekends can and (or) can't anyone make it?

Where do we want to go and do for March?

Lets hear all your input :)

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm gone the 21st through the 30th, so that's 2 weekends out for me. Spring break, I'm going home. So the 15th/16th would probably best for me, but I'd completely understand if the end of the month works better for others. :)

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I could probably live w/ the 15th or 16th too, depending on how my best friend's wife comes out of surgery today. The weekend after that would probably be out for most ppl b/c of Easter.

4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    That weekend is difficult for us. Christa has some friends over on Saturday and Sunday I'm manning a booth at the Boat Show.

I might suggest, though, there is a Worcester Sharks game on Sunday at home. It starts at 4:00. I'm closing the booth at the show at 5, so I may be able to come there afterwards. How long do Sharks games go?

5. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just an update, my best friend could probably make the 15th/16th unless his wife's biopsy comes back positive for cancer and she has to undergo more extensive surgery today.

6. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I now have plans for the 16th...Boston Comic Con. :)

7. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Roseanna that sounds like a great idea for the meet.

Anyone else want to make this the meet?

I haven't gone to a comic con since Pittsburgh last year or the year before.

Here is the link for the Boston Comic Con

I see that Barons Collectibles will be a dealer at the show too. :)

8. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have a limited number of free passes for this show. Drop me a PM if you would like one.

9. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I can probably make the Boston Comic for a meet. I have thought about going I just need to clear it with the ol' lady and make sure I am not scheduled to work that Sat.

10. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi there...

I won't be able to make the ComicCon (I don't think) but, that weekend (15/16 works best for me too)!

11. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The choice of meet event is not optimum for my best friend. I suppose I could take the commuter rail/T on my own, but I've never been much of a comic book fan/collector myself. My best friend did have a mutual friend who may be interested, but he's not really a SW fan.

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    If everything goes well I should be able to attend Boston Comic Con. I will probably have Spencer in tow but he should be easy to deal with. O wait it is my son I am talking about here ok scratch that last statement. lol At any rate if we want to make this a meet then let's do so and get things arranged so everyone that can attend can attend. I can probably take 1 or two people in my vehicle (could be 3 if Spencer doesn't come along.

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Well I'm going to be at the show no matter what. If you guys want to make it a meet, I think that's a great idea. Even if you're not a comic fan or collector, it can be fun just to look at stuff and people watch. Plus I'm sure we'd grab a meal together, and there's always the potential to do other things in the city when we're done with the con.

It's really easy to get to from the Back Bay T station. I didn't get to stay very long at the last show because I had to work that day, but I've requested this day off well in advance and I plan on having fun. :)

14. DarthGreene

DarthGreene Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    I might be able to make it I will just have to see if I can get the day off from work that Sunday.

15. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Well I think this will be a great time even if you are not a comic book fan.

There are usually plenty of dealers who sell collectibles, patches, t-shirts, novels, etc.

There are usually some nice freebie items that are interesting that are given out usually at the comic cons.

I hope everyone can make this one. If it is accessable by the commuter rail which I believe it is and Jorge has been nice enough to volunteer his vehicle to take along a few passengers aboard his "Falcon" as long as there are no Imnperial entanglements. :)

There should be quite a bit of folks dressed up in costume also that will take pictures with you so don't forget the cameras.

We can figure out where to eat.

I will try and look up some restaruants around there and post them up later.

Chris

16. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I most likely won't be able to swing any of the weekends in March. Both of my parents and my brother-in-law have their birthdays then and I think it's pretty much a party each weekend. I swear, one of these months I'll be able to make a gathering.

17. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Found out last week that my family's annual St. Paddy's party is the same day as the con, so it looks like I'll be a no-go.

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    So what is the scoop on the Boston Comic Con? Are we going to use this as the meet/gathering? If so who will be able to attend and what time should we meet up? I have been given clearance by the wife to go and I will probably bring my son I am sure he will have a good time and who knows he might go in costume. lol

If we don't use Comic Con as the meet/gathering we should get that worked out soon March will be done before we know it. Feb went quick as hell. lol

19. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    I say that the comicon is the official meet for March.

I am definetly attending and am looking forward to this event.

I will be scowering for vintage SW collectibles.

So far it look like:

starwarchick14 (Roseanna)
    chewykingwookie (Jorge)
    myself (Chris)
    -Raldayen-(Jim...he barely posts) lol.
    Ryno (Scott)

Possibilities:
    DarthGreene

I hope more people can make it if so please post here and update.

20. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    count me in!!! =P. what time we meeting? i might have to jet before 3-4PM range, but the earlier the better.

21. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    I also know that Jeffbacca will be attending also.

A guy I work with named Nick will be attending also.

Looks like the show starts at 10:00 a.m.

What time shall we meet up? I take the commuter rail into Boston and probably can't get there until about 12:00

22. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Anytime noon or after seems good. I can be there anytime. Anyone who is taking trains in should probably post when they can arrive, because that seems to be the limiting time factor. :)

23. stodd73

stodd73 Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2008
    Hey folks.. New to the board but would like to get in on this meet at Comic Con if possible.

To introduce myself:
    Shawn, from Quincy, MA, 34.
    more about me at http://www.myspace.com/stodd73

24. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Greetings Shawn...nice to see someone else from the South Shore here, even though Quincy is still a bit of a drive for me (I'm in Brockton). :D

25. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Ha! That's cool, I had suggested paintball for a meet awhile back. (That won't make any sense if you haven't looked at Shawn's myspace page).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.