main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA March meeting!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Greetings Clones!

We need to think about a date for this month's meeting. I'd like to shoot for a Saturday afternoon this month. After speking with GAJ this afternoon, he's gotten me excited about his Queen's Gambit game. I'd also like to go over some of the details regarding the RPG group. Although things didn't pan out as expected for the first meeting, things will pick up soon enough.

In keeping with the idea of "Middle Georgia" Fan Club, I ask that we consider meeting in Dublin this month. [in my best Bill Lumberg voice]If GAJ and/or LJ could find us a place to meet that would be great. Thanks!

Let's discuss it and set a date.

2. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    How does this weekend look for everyone?

What times are good?

3. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm likely available for an evening meeting Saturday, or afternoon/evening meeting Sunday.

And I got the Bill Lumberg reference.
    "He, he took my stapler...."

4. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I could probably meet on Saturday.

5. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Great!

Let's try meeting in Dublin this Saturday. Is 6:00 p.m. too early?

We can meet at one of Dublin's fine restaraunts and maybe see a movie after.

Post your ideas now!

6. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

May 26, 2002
    If we go to Dublin- Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, China Garden, Golden Corral, Buffallo's, Cracker Barrell - are some of your better choices. There are also some Dublin only restauraunts too.

We could do a movie or I'd invite people over. I do have Queen's Gambit and SW trivial pursuit. I also have the SW RPG if we want to work more on our characters.

There is also a Fair going on this week as another option. Just decide something and I'll participate in either one.

7. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    Sounds like a great idea to me. I will be in Dublin that afternoon anyway. The time is ok with me also. In short, you know I'll be there :)

8. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

May 26, 2002
    We officially have enough for a meeting, Allie Fox. Just set the details, and we await your decision.

9. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    How about 6:00 p.m. at the Cracker Barrel? It's a good place as it's right off of I-16 and easy to locate.

We can meet in the parking lot there and decide where we "really" want to go. That should make four of us for sure. I'll call everyone else tomorrow and see if their schedules can accomodate the meeting on such short notice.

Perhaps we can watch a movie after we eat and meet. I'm not sure what the Dublin theater is like on a Saturday night, but if GAJ will have us, maybe we can watch a video. I'm thinking <i>MP & the Holy Grail</i> or <b>The Wizard of Speed and Time</b>! We can decide when we're there, I guess.

I'll get the message posted on the main page.

10. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Sorry guys, I will be in Augusta tomorrow and Sunday.

Maybe the next one..... hope yall have a good time and Allie...you will post anything important won't you ?

11. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

May 26, 2002
    Cracker Barrell will work.

12. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    It's my hope to be there, but the vehicle is acting kinda peculiar, so I'm having it looked at tomorrow morning. Ideally they'll find some quickly and inexpensively fixed problem. Just wanted to give ya'll a heads up.

Thinking optimistically, which exit will I find the Cracker Barrel?

13. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Sorry for the complete lack of Tom at the meeting. The vehicle was acting better, so went with friends up to Conyers. (Their vehicle though.) Got back in town a little late to start out for Dublin, and figured that'd be a bad place to be on a Saturday night if the car decided that it'd had enough.

Hope fun was had, even though I wasn't there... :)

- Tom

14. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't be there, but today we held the first ever Georgia IndyGear Summit in Athens, and I've always wanted to attend one. We had a really awesome time comparing and discussing gear, followed by a great whipcracking session. I'll definitely try to attend the next meeting!

-Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.