main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Mass Effect - Ashen

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sir_Draco, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: I had the same problem recently with his computer. Might be a problem on his iMac. As some players seem to be abscent, I´ll give you a little opening to put them "out of the equasion" elegantly, by leaving them behind. If it wasn´t your plan I am sure you´ll find a way to overwrite my decision, Draco.

Aleena
    Unknown Colony

Looking up she felt a shiver on her cool, blue skin. "Step back." She then hissed and raised her own assault rifle. Arming it she breathed in and made sure she had a sure grip on her weapon before allowing one hand to slip away from it´s cold steel. The palm of her hand pointed to the console next to the door. "Louren, get down here." She voiced over comm. "Arrex, Nathan. You two guard this gunship with your life and soul. Whatever happens, don´t let anyone take our only way out of here. Understood?"

She waited until Louren was right behind her. "Bayane, might need you inside. Stay close to us." She then added and concentrated. Only a thought, a mino impulse . . . and her hand glowed with a blueish flame. It unleashed and hit the console, hoepfully opening the door. Before the iron plates could slide into the wall on all four sides, her hand would be back at the barrel of her gun and her finger would wait on the trigger. Whatever was behind this door, it was about to talk or it was about to die.

No heat signature.

The thought ran through her head, as she got ready.

Tag: Draco, others

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Just on here for a quick second... Hate to do this when all the fun is just beginning, but I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment and my TV and internet are being switched over tomorrow afternoon. So I may not be able to post for a day or two. Sorry. But keep going and I'll catch up.

3. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: No problem Dubya, I suggest everybody just gives the threat by those guys outside the priority and we will drag you along, until you return. So, as the Unkown Colony has to catch up, here Sirak goes . . .

Unknown Colony
    Corridors

The doors opened the moment the kinteic blast of biotic energy hit the console. The door slided open, steel plates vanishing into the walls. And indeed there was movement. Slow, stiff movement. but the second the door opened, the creature behind it changed. Pulling it´s head up, it began to approach Aleena faster. A blueish glow all over it´s body, it looked part man and part machine. And with a hissing, hungry noise that might have been a gasp, the thing speeded forward towards the Asari. Ignoring any threat the gun might pose.

Louren arrived and sidestepped to get a better shot at it and Beyane just stumbled backwards. "By the gods!" She whispered and was obviously about to panic.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/masseffect/ru/images/e/ea/Husks_1_%28ME2%29.png]

Tag: Sirak

4. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot; The Menry

"Talmot, do you have security cameras here? It would probably help if we could see what was going on out there."

He shook his head. "There?s a bunch around the colony sure, but I don?t know where they loop to. With everything breaking down, couldn?t even say if they?re operational. Not like I?m an engineer or anything," he added.

Talmot rolled his shoulders, trying to ease the tension that had been steadily building there. He wondered absently how long it had been since the first tremor hit. Ten minutes, an hour, he couldn?t be sure.

After a moment, he laid his shotgun on the bar, swinging back over and dropping in a crouch. Fumbling around, he came back into view with the butt-end of the cigarette he?d lost earlier clenched between his teeth. A light bloomed for an instant as the batarian lit it.

"This one?s still good," he said laconically.

A shot rang out.

So these guys are serious. He looked to the sealed doorway. "They might?ve found what they were looking for after all, Doctor. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll just move on."

Tag: Menryites

5. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    The Menry

Kai jerked reflexively as she heard the gunshot.

"Okay, we need to stop talking and come up with a plan. Now."

She turned to Talmot. "We can't just rely on these people moving on. The Professor's right, these doors won't hold them for long if they decide to see what's in the bar. Talmot, is there another way out of here? A service entrance, maybe? Some air ducts?"

The quarian looked skeptically at the hanar. "I mean, I don't know if all of us will fit, but I think it's more likely than us engaging some highly trained commandos in a firefight and winning." She shrugged. "And once we get in the duct system, I could lead us out. I've been in them before to fix the oxygen supply."

[TAG Menryites]

6. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot; The Menry

"Talmot, is there another way out of here? A service entrance, maybe? Some air ducts?"

There were several air vents in the Menry. Maintenance would come in occasionally to make sure they were clear of obstructions and clean, but Talmot had never actually known anyone to travel through them before.

He supposed it was plausible, although the batarian didn?t look forward to spending time in a cramped metal corridor?stuck in a line, shuffling forward into the unknown. They could take a wrong turn, end up getting sucked out into the storm without protective suits, ripped apart by fan blades, inhale something toxic, tumble down a chute into?

Clenching his teeth he forced himself to think rationally. Talmot shot Kai an appraising glance; she seemed confident that she could lead them through and if anybody knew their way around the Ashen duct system he supposed it would be her. Either that, or a fight looked to be inevitable.

"There?s one in the back room that we can use." He moved from behind the counter, heading towards the dressing room, stopped, and turned back to the quarian. "Where exactly would we end up? Can you get us to Administration from here?"

Tag: Livi, other Menryites

7. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Yay! I'm back on-line! Brief post for now...more to come.

IC: Andrew Kesler
    Menry

After the gunshot was heard outside the door, everyone's attention was suddenly shifted off of him. That was good. Then the others started talking about an escape route rather than staying to fight. And considering Kesler didn't have a weapon to use against the commandos in a gunfight, he too felt that escape was the best option at the moment. Plus, if these commandos were in fact after him, then escape is the best option.

Kesler stood up, fighting the pain in his stomach, and prepared to move out when the bartender stopped and asked the quarian a question. While they spoke, Kesler was glancing around the room, seeing where these air ducts were.

TAG: Menry folks...

8. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran

Kai felt a surge of pride as her plan was approved. She'd never really been in charge of anything before! Not that she was going to mention this fact to anybody until they were all safely out of danger. Somehow she suspected that the group wouldn't take it well.

"Where exactly would we end up? Can you get us to Administration from here?"

The quarian put away her pistol and brought up a map on her omni-tool, checking the duct system against her memories.

"I can't get you all the way to Administration, but I can take everybody to Engineering." As she spoke, she highlighted the different locations on the map. "From there, it's not very far. Just a couple corridors, really."

That's if the earthquake hasn't loosened anything.

Kai shut the map into standby mode and followed Talmot into the dressing room, ready to use her omni-tool to pop open the duct. "It's probably just as well- I suspect the Administrator wouldn't like us all popping out of a vent on top of him."

[TAG Menryites]

9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: mild Draco-input. Hope your move worked well, Dubya!

Dr. Merlot
    Menry

"Last time I heard of the Administrator, he was in the top-levels to have a chatter with my girl and the security. Right before this idiot send security away." The doctor folded his arms and looked at the Professor. No way they could move a Hanar through the airlocks. "If you go now, I´ll try to convince them you were never here. I´ll stay with the Professor." He said and gave them a mild smile. What else could he do? Fact was, he needed to be on that MedBay treating whoever these men shot out there. And he knew the Administrator wouldn´t let him, once they reached him. "Maybe you can reach the Administrator in his private quarters or if you get to Administration, you can at least radio him. I am preety sure his Asari-assistant has some sort of direct comm-line to him. Might still work. anyway, we need Aleena and the boys back here. NOW!"

With that he stepped behind the bar and sighed. "I think you crawl and do the barkeeping, hm?" He said. And looked at the Batarian. Hopefully they were quick enough. If not, they would probably all die.

Tag: Baratheon, others

10. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

Whatever it is, it´s hostile.

The simple thought crossed her mind and her finger pulled the trigger. she aimed low. As you do with bipedal enemies whose strength is unkown. take out the legs and then come up with a plan to kill the rest later. Left leg, right leg. Both a burst, while moving back her own body. No panic, no uneasiness. She kept control. Another burst to the chest, another one and another one. Heat-display showed she got only one more and overheat would shut the gun down, so she waited, allowing the gun to cool down, while stepping backwards, step-by-step. "Hold fire!" She shouted, afraid her own men would hit her, if the thing went out of control.

Tag: Draco

11. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Taylor Harris
    The Menry

Taylor listened as doctor Merlot recalled everything about the commando unit in minute detail. One of the things Drell were known for was their superior memory and recollection abilities after all. Things were looking grim, there was no way that they could make a stand against these commandos without ending up dead, hell even an alliance soldier would probably struggle based on Merlots Intel. Taylor was ex alliance, but the logistics corp rarely saw front line action, except during aid or relief missions. She sighed heavily, as a memory from her alliance days surfaced in her mind, but pushed it away just as quickly. There was a time to reminisce and now was not it. She started pacing the room, and she caught sight of Mara. The younger woman said nothing, but looked calmer than everyone else combined. Taylor was about to ask her opinion when suddenly the sound of a gunshot rang through Ashen, setting Taylor?s teeth on edge as her grip on her pistol tightened. Kai's voice caught her attention and she turned to look at the Quarian.

"We can't just rely on these people moving on. The Professor's right, these doors won't hold them for long if they decide to see what's in the bar. Talmot, is there another way out of here? A service entrance, maybe? Some air ducts?"

Kai was suggesting they could escape the Menry through the air ducts. Not the most ideal proposition but considering the circumstances they didn't have the luxury to be picky about it. Taylor then saw the Quarian glance in the direction of the hanar professor. Even with her face obscured by her mask she could tell what the Quarian was thinking. If anyone could navigate the ducts successfully it would be Kai, as an engineer she would know the in's and outs of the colony like the back of her own hand. They would still have to be cautious though. Talmot had made his way back to the other side of the bar and had started walking in the direction of the dancers dressing room

"There?s one in the back room that we can use...Where exactly would we end up? Can you get us to Administration from here?"

The orange glow of Kai's Omni tool reflected off her visor as she powered it up again, maps and schematics appeared in the air before her as she took a moment to contemplate the data.

"I can't get you all the way to Administration, but I can take everybody to Engineering...From there, it's not very far. Just a couple corridors, really."

With that, Kai powered her Omni tool down and followed Talmot into the dressing room area. Kesler not far behind them as he scanned the bar for ducts. She was about to follow suit when the doctor spoke up, causing her to hesitate. Her hazel eyes fell on merlot and the professor, puzzled as the Drell took up a position at the bar

"Last time I heard of the Administrator, he was in the top-levels to have a chatter with my girl and the security. Right before this idiot send security away...If you go now, I?ll try to convince them you were never here. I?ll stay with the Professor...Maybe you can reach the Administrator in his private quarters or if you get to Administration, you can at least radio him. I am pretty sure his Asari-assistant has some sort of direct comm-line to him. Might still work. anyway, we need Aleena and the boys back here. NOW!"

A flash of surprise crossed Taylor's face at what the doctor was saying, but then realisation. The hanar wouldn't be able to navigate the narrow air ducts, but it wouldn't be right to leave merlot and the professor to face these commando's alone. She glanced in the direction of the duct and swore before whipping her head back round to face them

?Come on doc think about this! do you honestly believe they will even give you a chance to explain before putting a hole through your heads??

TAG: Fins, Draco, Menryites

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Dr. Merlot
    The Menry

The Doctor turned to Taylor and gave her one these joyless reptilian smiles.

"Whatever they want in the MedBay. They will find it or I will be the only one who can tell them where it is. If they find it,they will most likely leave. If they want to go looking for it, I will be perfectly save." He said, knowing that reasoning needed a lot of assumptions to be right. "And anyway, we can´t leave anyobdy behind alone and I need to be near the MedBay, anyway. If they hurt someone there is at least a chance I can treat them, if they make it there." Looking around he wondered what the new woman was thinking, the dancers would probably take any chance to leave. The Barkeeper, the bounty hunter. What should they fight for. Same with Taylor. It was only Kai who was a "true" member of the crew. But she was needed to navigate through the ducts. "I do not see any other possibility." He said and turned his head back to Taylor. "So, it´s my choice. I will actually buy a lot of time for you, anyway."

Tag: Leigh, other Menryfolks

13. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    The Menry

"But what if...Dammit!"

Taylor sighed in frustration as she contemplated the Drell?s words. He seemed hell bent on staying put. She knew he was doing it for noble reasons, in order to give the rest of them a chance to escape the Menry but still it concerned her. A memory of her own worked its way back into the front of her mind

Fire consuming everything...warning alarms sounding...someone screams in agony as he is gunned down...get to the evac shuttle, now!...buy some time...AGHH!?

Shaking her head slightly in order to clear her thoughts, she put her hands up in a gesture of defeat. Looks like there was no way to talk him out of it. She would honour his choice, but she didn't have to be happy about it.

"Fine just...just be careful"

She said dejectedly as she turned on her heel and made her way around the bar and down towards the dressing room area. Catching up with Talmot and the others, she holstered her pistol and watched as Kai busied herself with her Omni tool, preparing to pop the vent open. She stayed quiet while the Quarian worked, her mood and demeanour noticeably different to what it had been a little earlier

TAG: Draco, Menryites

14. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot; The Menry

Talmot stole a quick glance at Harris. He knew she?d tried to convince Merlot to abandon the Hanar and flee with them, but apparently the Doctor was adamant in his decision to stay behind. Hopefully she wouldn?t take it too hard?not her choice after all.

The small room was getting warm with all the bodies standing huddled together in front of the vent. Talmot coughed, watching distractedly as Kai cracked the lock on the vent. He squinted at the dark opening, turned the Scimitar over in his hands and collapsed the weapon down.

"So?you mentioned you?ve done this before, quarian?" he asked doubtfully.

Tag: Livi, Draco

15. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Menry

The vent was dirty and just high enough for a humanoid creature to crawl into it. Kai had helped restore nad repair them again and again. She probably knew every inch of them. And so it was pretty easy to navigate through them. Down below on Level 4 was the "general Administration" and below the living quarters on Level Three. The machinery on Level 2, the hangars for the mining euqipment and security facilities on Level 1. Above them was the control center, which would be much harder, but not impossible to reach. There was a second security office, where Aleena usually was. If any weapons were there, was unknown. From Level 6 you could also reach the hangar of air- and spacecrafts and the loading ramps. On Level 7 - the highest level - was the secret conference room. Usually that was an unused area. Today the Administrator seemed to be there. It also served as a safe-room. A panic room for Administration, having an own energy source, ventilater and so on. It could not be reached through the airducts, but it was probably the only room still able to communicate. There also were high-security lockers up there. Which might indicate, there were weapons.

So now, coming from Level 5, they had little time to make a choice. It grew even more urgent, as they heard the sound of someone working on the doors. It sounded as if something was attached to the doorway. Something that would certainly open it.

"Oh by the Gods, they´re coming!" The younger Dancer, Lia shouted.

"It looks like it it will be you Docotr and this one." The Professor said calmly.

Tag: Menry people

16. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran, the Menry

Kai had dragged a chair over to the vent and was busily unscrewing all of the bolts with her omni-tool. The last one fell into her palm as Talmot spoke up.

"So? you mentioned you?ve done this before, quarian?"

"A couple of times." she replied, tugging at the vent cover. "Moloch's atmosphere means that we have to be very careful about the air supply, so every engineer's expected to be familiar with the duct system in case of an emergency."

A grunt and a final pull and the cover came off. Carefully, Kai placed it on the floor, making a mental note to come back and replace it later. If there ever was a 'later'.

"There we go." The quarian stuck her head inside and had a good look around. "Seems to be clear." The vent made her voice echoey and metallic. "Gather everybody up, I'll lead the way."

[TAG Menryites]

17. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    The Menry

"Gather everybody up, I'll lead the way." Kai said as she crawled into the vent.

Kesler, still fighting the pain he felt in his stomach, was all for the whole women-and-children-first scenario...not to mention the defenseless. "Who's next?" he asked turning to look at the room, ready to boost people up to the vent.

Speaking of defenseless, he noticed the two dancers were beginning to freak out. "You and you," he said, pointing to them, "let's go, now."

(ooc: the dancers aren't my characters, so I don't know if I can NPC role-play them up into the vent.)

TAG: Menry people...

18. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Outside Colony

While the driver, Ellis, was speaking about the problem of no comms, Lyle was more concerned with Eyana's health. Having taken off his own helmet and tossed to the side, Lyle remained crouched over the asari as she spasmed, breathed, and coughed. A wad of blood was produced and it immediately put Lyle on edge about her safety. It didn't help when she suddenly froze, making him wonder if he had been too late, that she had passed on whether from lack of oxygen or the poisoned atmosphere. But soon she was breathing again and after Lyle watched over her for the next few seconds, making sure that her breathing was regular and wasn't stopping, he was able to sigh with relief with the thought that the worst had been over. Still, it was best that they got to a medical facility soon for a full scan just to be sure.

It was the only reason that Lyle now tuned into Ellis's chatter. Glancing up a the clock, the miner saw that there was only thirteen minutes until they reached Ashen. A speedy approach but Lyle knew that anything could happen within thirteen minutes and hoped that nothing would arise concerning Eyana's condition during that time. Best to have some licensed, medical personnel on hand if she relapsed.

"Let's worry about one thing at a time," Lyle spoke calmly. "Eyana's the one in critical condition and the only one that can tell us what happened out there so lets just get to Ashen, you can drop us off there, and then you can search for the rest of the teams. I'm sure they won't vanish over the course of the next ten minutes."

He was joking of course but he was still unusually disturbed by the thought. Considering Eyana's condition and her partner's disappearance, who knew what was going on out there. And with the storm...well...lets hope that a setup for trouble doesn't in fact start up any.

TAG: Draco, Xani

19. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot; The Menry

"Seems to be clear."

Famous last words, the batarian thought glumly as Kai disappeared into the shadowy recess. I don?t remember anything like this in my contract. He sighed, reminding himself that he hadn?t read the damned thing in the first place.

More banging came from the sealed door behind them. The asari were threatening to get hysterical; one screaming in fear. Kesler gestured towards them. "You and you?let's go, now." He moved to give them a hand up into the duct. A few moments later it was just the bounty hunter, Harris and Talmot.

"Get up there, humans. I?ll climb in last and watch our backs." Secretly, Talmot would be relieved to be the rear guard. That way he?d have open space from at least one angle. Maybe it would help him feel more at ease in there.

Tag: Dubya, Leigh, others

OOC: Me either, Dubya, but I?m assuming it is okay, considering that they?re not player characters and we?re not doing anything drastic.

20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Sir_Draco asked me to announce his absence from this day on for a yet unknown period of time. As a member of the German military he has been ordered to Japan to help. Obviously such a task won´t allow him freetime or internet access. He asks for patience to all those, who depend on him to play any games around here.

He will annoucne his return, once he knows when he is available again.

We might have a replacment GM to take over, soon. But I have no details. As far as I know someone has worked with Draco all along and might take over. More on that from that person itself, probably.

For now my prayers and hopes go to Draco who enters this dangerous piece of earth in a few hours.

21. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC:

Wow. Hope all goes well and he has a safe return.

22. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Shall we carry on for the time being?

escaping the Menry

The Batarian ordered the Humans to proceed. Kesler wasn't sure if he liked the idea of Talmot taking up the rear. He didn't know if he could trust him. If his stomach problem was due to the drink he was given earlier, Kesler was worried he may end up with a bullet in his back. He would definitely keep an eye on the barkeep.

In keeping with the women-and-children-first idea, Kesler turned to the young woman who greeted him earlier. "Alright, Taylor. You're next."

TAG: Leigh, Baratheon, other Menry people...

23. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: Take care out there Draco

Escaping the Menry

Taylor watched as Kai removed the vent covering, taking a moment to look in and inspect it before climbing in. Suddenly their were sounds of activity back in the direction of the bar, causing one of the Asari dancers to panic even more. Kesler turned to them, and ushered them towards the vent. Once they were inside Talmot spoke up

"Get up there, humans. I?ll climb in last and watch our backs."

Taylor nodded in agreement before she noticed Kesler looking at her

"Alright, Taylor. You're next."

Accepting the offer of a boost, she climbed into the vent before starting to crawl behind the Asari dancers. A narrow corridor of darkness stretched out ahead of them and it took a few seconds for her eyes to adjust. The vent wasn't the cleanest, the air within was stuffy and she could feel the dust and grit collecting under her knees and gloves as she moved along. She blew out a slow breath, thankful that she wasn't claustrophobic.

TAG: Menry people

24. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    escaping the Menry

After assisting Taylor Harris up to the vent, Kesler watched as her shapely backside disappeared into the darkness of the air duct.

He then reached up to begin his climb and follow her. But when he stretched, he felt the pain in his stomach again. Damn it... He winced as he hoisted himself up and followed Taylor into the small opening. He was about to turn his head and holler back to the barkeep, but decided not to. Instead, he continued down the air shaft with the others.

TAG: all those trying to escape the Menry

(ooc: just a short post to get my character in the air shaft.)

25. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    OOC: Draco?we?ll be waiting for you when you get back, bud!

IC: Talmot
    Ashen air ducts

Talmot watched Kesler worm his way into the air shaft. He scowled at his back as the bounty hunter retreated deeper into the tunnel. I don?t care what you say, hrakhor. You had something to do with this, and I?ll get the truth from you eventually.

Turning back towards the bar one last time, he told himself he could handle this. Soon enough he?d be back behind the counter serving drinks like nothing ever happened. The batarian gave a wordless growl, faced the vent, and clambered up.

It was tighter inside than he?d imagined. Crawling along slowly, Talmot tried hard not to dwell on the close metal walls around him. He could hear the others ahead, but the echoing sounds of their passage were misleading. Afraid that he was lagging behind, the batarian quickened his shuffling pace and nearly collided into Kesler seconds later.

Gripping the stock of his shotgun tightly, Talmot let out a shuddering hiss in the darkness. "I?m already regretting not just waiting to get shot back there. Maybe your race is used to creeping around in the dark like this, bounty hunter, but my people weren?t meant for such things," he said hoarsely.

Tag: Dubya, other escapees

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.