main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV May be appearing in Vegas in January, where to stay, what to do.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Uilmuteiz, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi all,

I'm currently trying to get some information about a good place to stay near the convention center in Vegas.

I know there's a few hotels over there, but they all seem to be around 500$ a night and I'm on a tight budget. There's 5 of us going there, and I'm trying to find something that could accommodate all of us.

I figured I'd ask for some local help. I know it might sound weird as you're unlikely to stay at one of these hotels, but I don't have much to loose for asking.

Also I'm planning on being there for about a week so I was hoping you could let me know what's nice to see and do in the Big city of never-sleepingness-bigshinylights.

Thanks for your help.

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Near the convention center IS expensive, Uilmuteiz! BUT, if you stay somewhere along the monorail, you can lessen that expense, because you can take the rail to the convention center.

If you want cheap(er) try the Sahara. It has a bad rap from some people, but I've stayed there for a week and it's inexpensive. My room was always clean, plus the rail has a station right there, so it's quick and easy to get to the convention center from there.

3. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Yes Sahara is inexpensive...and i hear every day how crappy it is lol. If you have any issues connecting your laptop to the internet there you may get to speak with me haha.

4. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    LOL thanks for the advice.

Internet is quite a crucial factor.

A friend of mine has suggested the Stratosphere (which also is close to the Convention Center and the monorail.)

I mean it's about 10 minutes on foot (15 tops from the maps I've seen) from the Con Center.

do correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Yeah that sounds about right. But if you're walking...you're going to be here in January...I saw your title as French Canadian RSA....so I'm assuming you're from Canada possibly? Probably used to the cold but it gets kinda windy out here during our winter so I would just make sure to have a scarf or something.

6. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    My in-laws have stayed at the Statosphere before. You'll have to walk from the Stratosphere across the street, and a little bit down the strip to ... the Sahara ... to catch the rail to the Con center.

And, yeah, the Internet connectivity at the Sahara does suck.

7. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    haha no comment on the internet connectivity.....

8. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    All right, it's now official, I'll be in Vegas next week.

I figured I'd let you guys know in case you'd like to organize a little meet up of some sort I'm leaving on the 11th at around 23:00 hours so that's our tourist day.

Anything I should check out in particular?

Thanks

9. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    What day do you arrive out here? Are you coming out for CES?