main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May Meet

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Lord-Wiz, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    the next meet will be on saturday the 6th of may.

early speculation is a cinema trip. everybody ok with star city again? i don't know what is out at that time (x-men 3 don't come out till the 26th of may :( ), so shall we choose a film as we close in on the 6th?

EDIT: Stickied at CRs request

2. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Hmmm, as we are a sci-fi group maybe V for Vendetta. If its still be shown by then or if you all want to see something else. I'm not bothered, but I can't really think of anything else at the moment. :confused:

3. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Mission: Impossible 3 starts on the 5th May, so that could be a possibility. After all, it's pretty much fantasy :p

4. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i cant make it because its around my Exam time. Bloody school!!!

5. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    * bump *

:p

6. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    I'm cool with whatever guys. I haven't seen either V or MI:3 (obviously) so yeah.. Either!

I don't think this should replace the weekend meet as the majoirty can attended that.. but I'm thinking about heading to this if anyone else is interested? http://www.phoenix.org.uk/detail.asp?ID=1494

7. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    But enough of Tom Cruise's religious beliefs, what about the film? :p

I'd like to see MI:III

8. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

:eek: aliens on the big screen?!? omg!!

my problem is that it is mini-me's birthday on the 1st (with a possible trip down to c9 for his birthday trip), and the meet on the 6th. add a trip to see aliens on the 4th and i am bankrupt for who knows how long :( . i would love to see that film on the big screen again but i'm going to have to miss it :_|

9. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    OMG!!! I AM SO IN FOR THAT ONE!!! HELL YEAH, BABY!!! HELL YEAH!!! [face_dancing]:_|[face_dancing]

Anyway, as I had posted on the other forum, X3 for early May is now debunked, as it doesn't come out until the end of May, but I am up for MI:III for the 6th, if others are interested. As always, I am open to other suggestions - you know me, I'll go to the opening of an envelope! [face_laugh]

EDIT: Question. Is this place that Aliens is showing is a cinema, or a cafe with a big screen?

10. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

no idea, but anywhere bigger than a tv can only be a good thing!!

as for may the 6th, what say we meet at star city at 5pm? we can see what films are on before we get there and then loiter with intent until the film starts :p

11. HunkyEvil

Feb 27, 2006
    Sounds good to me Dave

And Mark, sorry yeah.. It is a cinema it's showing in. You can get a meal in the same building and it has a cafe too I believe but yeah, cinema for sure. I'm going with a few buddies from work (they're my joruney up there too!) but if you're going anyway it'd be cool to see you there

12. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I was about to say, "Getting back to the topic at hand..." - sounds like an idea to me. I'm sure there will be something worth watching! :)

13. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    hey guys....

Im back for that weekend as I am going to a gig on the friday night so all being well I think you can count me in......

14. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
  15. HunkyEvil

Feb 27, 2006
    Cool news man! It'll be good to meet you :)

16. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    I may come along to the Aliens movie as well :D

17. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    I should be at this, but I'm not a 100% sure yet. My first exam is on the Tuesday. But I'm sure I can make it, I'll probably be sitting in my room only pretending to rivise anyway. :p But we'll see yet. :)

18. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    if we get the chance, at this meet i would like to try to resurrect the idea of having a lottery sindicate for us.

this will obviously take a lot of sorting out and arranging with regards to those who want in but can't get to the meets - how would they chip in their £1's, who handles the cash etc etc. can we all have a think and bring some ideas to the table please?

if nobody is interested

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/Lord-Wiz/mindtrick.jpg]

[face_hypnotized] this isn't the post you're looking for [face_hypnotized]

19. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Wiz, from what I've heard, M:i 3 has the Superman Returns trailer on the beginning of it. Do you think that might be the film we see on Saturday? :p

20. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    I heard the same Phill......And duno if you've seen the new coke ad Wiz with the first footage of Supes flying and saving the plane! go to aint it cool news to find it buddy...

21. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    sounds good!

and i saw the 8 seconds of the coke ad from a link on the regional board. can't say i was overly impressed tbh.

the whole trailer on the big screen would be great though!

22. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Btw, can I just excellent timing with these!!! :D I have my first exam Friday which is a grueling 2 hour one Friday, so it will be good to go out then next day with you guys instead of copped up inside ?revising?. Then my exams finish the 16th June, then the next day is the Midlands first birthday!!!! :D

What brilliant timing! Do you guys plan the meets around my exam timetable? :p

23. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm hoping to still make this, but Dont be suprised if you get a txt Phil. AS you know with Nige moving into mine we have convert the loft for the storage of crap, mine and his. Apparantly before the work can be started in a few weeks the loft has to be cleaned out of all my crap already up there! WHo knew. So thats what I'll be doing starting Friday afternoon. I anticipate its going to take all weekend .

24. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    fingers crossed you can make it V, but if your loft is anything like mine it will take more than a weekend to sort out!

25. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    Yeah would be nice to see you V...haven't talked to you in a sober state for the past few meets! Such as the karate action on the ps2 at Dave's party!:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.