main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA May Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Tatooinepadme, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Have we set a date and place for the May meeting yet? I already voted for the 29th for the date. Sounds like lots of people are busy on the 22nd.

I can do a picnic in June.

2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    And most are busy on the 29th too.

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Date: May 22

Time: 2:30

Place: Liverpool Lil's, Lyon and Lombard

Let me know if this works for most people.

Tom, if you get there a little later, that is not a problem. You know us, we always sit around talking for awhile. :D

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I bought the last tickets for the Kathryn Beaumont Q & A at the Disney Museum, so I'm not sure I can even make the meeting, depending how long it goes for (it starts at 3). I'll be at LFL from 11 am to about 2 pm, then I'd have to go straight to the museum when they open the doors at 2:30.

5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    May 22nd I'm going to see "Wicked" with my daughter. Our show starts at 2:00 P.M., so looks like I won't be able to make this meeting, either. :(

6. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Seeing Wicked would be a perfectly acceptable reason to miss out on the meeting. You'll enjoy it.

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    It sounds like we have a number of people who can't make it the 22nd, and some who can't make it the 29th/30th. I'm not clear on exactly how those numbers are distributed though. Can we take a poll and go with the weekend that a majority of the people can make it?

I also want to ask about the picnic again. So far we've heard people inclined for June. If there are people who would prefer to have it in May, please speak up. I want to make sure we have everyone's preferences aired.

For myself, I tend to think June will work better for the anniversary picnic simply because of logistics. We're finding it challenging to pick a day in May for a regular meeting given everyone's schedules. If we have it in June, hopefully more of the club can attend.

There's also nothing to say that we can't do something to recognize the anniversary as it passes, in addition to the picnic. Maybe we could organize some sort of additional get-together on the weekend of 29th/30th for anyone who can make it?

8. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    I will not be doing the RL event that day so I will have no problem being there for the SFFF meeting :)

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sounds the we're going with the date and time that Rachel listed above. See you guys there!

10. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    Can't wait!

11. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    i might be able to make it on the 22nd. if not, i will see you guys for the picnic. i def think we should have one in june separate from the camping trip :)
    can we do it at gg park?

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I hope you're able to make it on the 22nd! :)

Absolutely, we will definitely be doing a picnic separate from the camping trip. :D

I'm not sure about doing it in GG Park, though. There are strong sentiments to stage the picnic someplace much warmer this year, given how we've all frozen in years past. The whole bundling up in jackets and huddling around the BBQ for warmth thing... brrrr. I know there's a better chance of decent weather in June, but it's still risky holding it in the SF or north peninsula area. We're considering places that are more reliable for warm weather I think. Eva's offered to have it out her way, if people wish. There are also plenty of really wonderful parks in areas around the bay area that aren't as impacted by fog or cool weather patterns. It's also possible I might volunteer my house. I think Rachel wants to start discussing it at the May meeting.

13. krissy1kenobi

krissy1kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2010
    Unfortunately I can not attend the May meeting. Hopefully I can make the picnic; I still have not met many of the other members. I will be checking the boards for the date and time....

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sorry to hear you can't make the May meeting, but I know the month is busy for a lot of people. I hope you're able to make it to the picnic!

Are you on the yahoo group mailing list? We will also send out notifications through there.

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Don't forget our meeting is coming up this Sat!

If anyone would like a ride from down in south bay, let me know. If I'm really ambitious, I might try to hit a fabric store before the meeting; otherwise I'll head straight there.

16. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Dale and I can't make the meeting - we're doing a shoot with LFL at 10:30, then have a lecture to attend at the Disney Museum, and have to visit our mother in the hospital, who had emergency surgery last night.

Hope the meeting is productive.

17. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Best wishes for your mom.

18. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I hope your mom is recovering well Matt. If either you or Dale have something you want me to mention at the meeting, let me know. I am going to ask those present about possible dates for the picnic, probably at the end of June and then I will put up a poll to see what date works the best for the most people.
    Alison, thanks for staying on top of things while I was out of town. [:D]

19. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    I hope your mom gets well :(

20. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks for everyone who came out. Most of the things we talked about will end up with their own thread but here is a brief overview.
    The annual picnic is being thought of for the end of June. I am going to start a separate thread but start thinking about locations.
    Summer activities- we have talked about various things to do as a group including wine tasting and great america. I am going to suggest that we start separate threads for each activity. If you have an idea you think the group would enjoy, feel free to post it with a location, date and time.

21. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks for the short recap Rachel. I had told Alison and Matt the other weekend when I saw them I wouldn't be able to come to the meeting. Great America sounds fun, if it fits into my summer schedule I'll keep an eye on those plans. If you guys can send out Yahoo Groups reminders that helps me a ton, since half the time I'm so busy I can only check e-mail on my phone and the e-mail alerts from my other clubs is the only way I can keep half way up to speed with things these days.

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Kathy - yep, the plan is to keep up with the yahoo group email alerts. Rachel and I discussed this at the meeting as well. Sorry that the picnic one went out late, but I'm out of town for work and not keeping up with the boards this week as a result.

One question that occurs to me: at what point does it make the most sense to send out an email? Some of these threads will be to start discussion for an event, so by nature the details (date, time, location) won't be worked out yet. Most of our alerts in the past have been a "save the date" sort of thing. Should we send out one alert to announce discussion starting and then one later when the event is set?

We also discussed the camping trip at the meeting. Please check the camping thread coming up this weekend for updates and logistic planning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.