main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"May the force be with you" in Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by crazycrush, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazycrush

crazycrush Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    I asked this on a different thread but I don't think I've seen an answer yet.

Did anyone say MTFBWY in the Clone Wars movie? I wasn't really concentrating on it, but about 3/4 of the way through, I realized that I hadn't heard it. OR... if I did, I didn't notice it.

If it wasn't said... is there a reason?

2. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I don't remember if they said it or not. I wasn't really paying attention to that.

Did anyone say "I have a bad feeling about this" either?

3. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    I didn't hear it.

4. crazycrush

crazycrush Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    I don't think so...

5. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    No and no. I've seen it twice and have heard neither of those.

6. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    I could have sworn Anakin said "I have a bad feeling about his."

I know I heard the Wilhelm several times. That always makes me laugh.

7. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I was wondering the same thing. And thanks for answering, Saber...That, IMO, is a real shame as that has been practically a tradition in the SW films. Perhaps they are trying to distinguish between the actual films and this one...

8. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. It's just like the opening crawl and the 20th century fox logo. However, I do remember hearing Ahsoka saying "this is where the fun begins!"

9. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Anakin said "I wish you wouldn't say that" when Ashoka said the hard part was over or something, which seemed like a new take on "I have a bad feeling about this."

10. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I wish they wouldn't break traditions for this movie. The opening crawl, I can deal with. I could see that being the starter of every season of the series so it works. It has a news broadcast feel to it, like we were watching the holonet at the begining.

But they should've said MTFBWY and I have a bad feeling about this. It's in every other SW movie, they should've placed it in TCW. I mean, it already lacks alot of the feel of the other movies. Then again, I guess I'm happy they did this just because I personally don't want to feel like this movie is part of the Saga, but rather just an extra. But really, I hate the line "this is where the fun begins", It's not a line that should be overused. It worked in ROTS with Anakin, but Ahsoka.. no.

11. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    No. Final answer.

12. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    Nope :(

13. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I guess you just have to remember that this is 3 episodes of the series strung together. It was annoying enough that they mentioned Jabba's son every 5 minutes (which i'm sure wouldn't have been as annoying in the halfhour format), but if they were to 'adhere to convention', then you'd be hearing "I have a bad feeling about this" every thirty seconds!

14. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Haha, I thought I was the only one who realized that Anakin kept convienently getting distracted from the mission, which is typical and good showcasing of his character, but the fact that Ahsoka kept saying "Maaaaster,what about stinky?!"

After about the 3rd or 4th time I was starting to think Anakin had a bad case of ADD or ADHD.

15. Raider88

Raider88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2008
    This movie is part of the upcoming TV series and they'll have enough opportunities to use those lines in it. Guess it could satisfy you if you take it that way.

16. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    No, but every 5th line was "Where is Skywalker?" and "Your timing was perfect" :p

17. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I agree; it might be in the TV series.

18. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    No on the "I have a bad feeling about this." I'm glad, actually, it's so expected. I hope it shows up once in a great while in the TV show when we least expect it so it becomes funny again.

I could have sworn someone said May the Force be with you, though. But I'm also reading Republic Commando so I may be mixing them up. LOL.

19. wolfarcher

wolfarcher Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2008
    Yeah, no one says either of those. Ouch.

20. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I know the movie was actually just a few episodes glued together, but once GL decided he would make a movie of it, he should've thrown both lines in somewhere. I mean, it already was so different from a regular SW movie. I was anticipating the 20th century fox logo and music, then remembered it was WB. Then no scroll. Then the music was kinda bad.

I guess it just would've been a little more comforting if the lines were in it.

21. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Are we positive on the May the Force be with you line?

Quest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.