main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon McMinnville UFO Parade

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AramysStrael, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Anyone planning on hitting this?

When is it? Tomorrow in McMinnville. They have a parade that runs along one of the main drags of the city, there. The parade route is something like six, or so, blocks long and is usually jam-packed full of people. It is a lot of fun. If you have nothing to do tomorrow afternoon, I recommend checking it out. You will be pleasantly entertained by what you will see - all kinds of costumes of the alien variety... and I do mean of every alien variety!

Here is the info on the McMinnville UFO Parade: http://www.ufofest.com/

I remember, years ago, when I went to this parade, they had the son of US Air Force Major Jesse Marcel (lead military investigator of the Roswell crash in New Mexico, 1947), as a guest speaker for the event. In fact, Marcel, Jr was featured as a guest of honor in the parade procession.

This year, they have Travis Walton as a guest. If anyone had ever seen the movie, Fire in the Sky, Travis was the logger who was abducted by aliens. I am sure he will talk about his experience at some point, during the weekend event.

For those wanting to hit the parade, it starts at 1pm and will be travelling down 3rd St.

Did I mention that both the Mercs and CCG will be in the parade? The Mercs are number 18 in line, CCG is 34. I don't know how we scored going first, maybe because we are smaller. But the cool thing is that the crowd gets twice the Star Wars influence for their parade. Only, the Mercs will only have 2 Mandos in costume, but we will have a Tusken Raider prisoner! :D

If anyone, in the Portland area is going, I could use a ride. I need to be down there by 11am, so you could hang out with all of us cool kids.

I will be following up with some other friends, on the transportation front. But if anyone can help a fellow fanboy out, it would be cool!

I also wanted let folks know where they can go see some costumers in public, if they didn't have any other plans *ahem*Jim*ahem*! ;)

- Bill

2. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I catch it one of these years, just not this year. I'm enumerating most of the day except in the afternoon when I have job interview! Hurray!

For those of you who go, have fun! :D

-IJedi

3. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Bummer, I was hoping to make it this year, but I total forgot that it was today.

4. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    It was a good day. The Mercs acted as an appetizer forthe crowd and then CCG/KB followed up as the main course. So the crowds got a double treat of Star Wars goodness!

A good time was had by all. We were blessed with a good turn out of people ? both in the crowds and those who had attended the invasion. While it was just two fully kitted Mercs, the whole group represented the Mandalorian Mercs, rather well. We were well received by the crowd, of course having mini-Barf (Barf from Spaceballs) in his little Winnebago didn?t hurt our crowd appeal. Or his big brother, who marched as young podracer Anakin!

[image=http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f31/bajavolvo/MMGroup3.jpg]
    Pictured are Praetor Ordo (aslo known as Volund Starfire), as a Rebel Fleet Trooper. Aysel was sporting her new kit (it was sic!). Tavrik Gannon, clan alor?ad (Captain of the local Mercs group) of the NWC in his ?Brown Boba? attire. Kenaz, in his Tusken Raider. In between Aysel and me is Kenaz?s sons, Podracer Anakin and Mini-Barf. These kids really stole the show! Ram?ser Vau (not pictured) was also in attendance performing much needed spotter duty!

5. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I love the pic! It's easy for the kids to upstage the show, but the adults look fantastic too! Thanx for sharing. [face_love]

6. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    It was pretty awesome. The Tusken swears he will have a Mando kit for next year. Of course, he said that last year, too!

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.