main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MDSWS Forum [Clean-Up]

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay, I think its that time agian as is done typically each spring or fall. "Opertation Clean-Up Discussion!" ;)

This is the time to which one (Member or Guest) may suggest new discussions, and or titles for the threads represented herein.

Perhaps even update the forum indexes and members list :D .

It is also a time that we as a group and those whom frequently visit can discuss our plans for the future and a clear idea of what yet needs to be accomplished and or completed.

2. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Hullo! :D

Well, I'm a guest! ;) No kidding! 8-}

I'd love to be involved...exam time is November for me...but when I can, I'd love to pitch in. Anyway, after exams I'll be here all the time. :D

So sign me up Strid! :D

All the best on this endevour! :)

3. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Here is my suggestion. For what it is worth. Why not just let people post what they want instead of having such a strict structure on the way things are posted. There is nothing wrong with having a bit of freedom. It seems quite a bit structured in here and I think a bit of freedom might be a good thing.

4. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I agree with SRB_Jedi_Knight.

5. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Perhaps even update the forum indexes and members list

Definitely need to update the members list. Here, I'll do it for you.

MDFF:
    Stridarious

6. Jedi_Blues

Jedi_Blues Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    First off, yes.. structure isn?t always a good thing and it isn?t always needed. Especially on message boards. But.. I think that there is some confusion in what Stridarious is proposing (though I could be wrong- feel free to rip apart this post if I'm getting what your stating incorrect). I don?t believe he?s saying that every single discussion/title needs to be monitored, I think he?s trying to get some more posts started and trying to get people ?back in the groove?. People can post what they want. I?ve seen it?s never been a problem on this message board in the past. Sometimes the topic may stray a bit from the original theme (Star Wars), but hey.. that?s what makes a message board interesting, ne? So yeah, it?s fine for random posts to pop up, but since the Mojave Desert FF has a rather small population at the moment, there does need to be a little nudge from the Higher-In-Command people to keep things moving so that nothing stagnates here. If posts aren?t being sparked on their own, then sometimes what Stridarious is proposing /is/ necessary. Again, it isn?t stating that everything must be monitored before being put up on the message board because that /is/ too structured and restricting. People just need a nudge until we get more regulars on the FanForce.

Thanks for your time..

7. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Well the older forums can be updated, and the ones that aren't used anymore can be locked and deleted.

8. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Exactly what Jedi_Blues stated. I am not regulating what people post, I am only trying to get some form of topic started to get this Fan Force back into the groove of things. ;)

Sorry for the miscommunication.

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Still my original theory stands. I think it is better to let the fanforce take shape on it's own and grow freely. Sitting there trying to give it structure, forcing it to go in a certain direction is no way to foster relationships needed and is not the best way to go about it in my opinion.

Not only that I am going to ask that your CR post in this thread and be the main voice of action in this thread. He needs to step up to the plate.

10. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Thank you, Shawn.

11. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    I could update some of the older threads, and ask Mirax Jade to get rid of the threads that no one longer posts in so we have more space

12. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    It's Mara_Jade_Fan, and SRB_Jedi_Knight has taken over her position.

13. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I am the current RSA. I will be happy to delete posts as needed. However this should be led by the CR. He should be the one in here discussing this.

Again, this needs to wait until your CR is here and is a part of this discussion. Only then can we move forward at all.

14. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Understandable. As so then we'll wait till that golden message above comes from our CR ;) .

15. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    Since I am no longer in the position of CR I will have only small suggestions, but I will make any that come to mind. And no, they will not be crude or underhandedly aimed at any new CR or anyone else for that matter. They will be made to help everyone.

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Seifer: "I will have only small suggestions, but I will make any that come to mind. And no, they will not be crude or underhandedly aimed at any new CR or anyone else for that matter. They will be made to help everyone."

Your input is always welcomed, no matter positions :D . I too have some, yet I think for the moment need wait till a new CR is elected before further discussion can take place ;) , and my ideas revealed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.