main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet #16 || Bowling

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    so it's been agreed that this month's meet should be a little bowling at east providence lanes. this will take place at 12 p.m. on saturday, march 27.

there are also alot of eateries in the area (that's assuming i've got the correct area, which i'm pretty sure i do), so we may of course end up doing lunch/early dinner as well.

and of course, about 50 people will bring a copy of epic duels, so you never know what may happen.

2. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Maybe we could give away as a prize to the best bowler a copy of Epic Duels...( cued from behind stage)
    What's that... everyones got one ? :eek: We have about 1000 of these to give out!!!!! Ahh nuts!!! :mad:

3. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    I'd love to kick all your butts at bowling. :)

4. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Directions! okay so the place is on newport ave. and although there are millions of ways to get onto newport ave. i shall tell you the easiest directions i can think of. they may not be the fastest but they will get you there.

take exit 2A off of 95. go straight for like 10 minutes. You'll pass many intersections. lots of food places, gas stations, slater park. just keep going straight. you'll know you are getting close when you see a friendly's on your left...then a wendy's on your right with intersection lights. right after you pass wendy's, on your left you will see a sign that says east providence lanes. the place is far back of the parking lot just keep going you'll see it. park and enjoy the bowling.

if anyone knows any better directions please post away.

5. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    Hey Tony we should put some money on the games. :D

6. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I'm pretty poor, so I don't have any money to give... but I'd gladly take your money if I win. :D

7. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Lets bet, the professional bowler says lol

8. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    I'll be there for this one... no, really!

For the record, I've never played Epic Duels, and to be honest, I don't even know what it is. I'm certainly willing to learn though :)

Bowling... is this big ball or candlepin? I haven't done candlepin bowling in about 12 years. I did regular bowling in a league up until I moved out here 3.5 years ago, though I only had about a 150 average. I'm sure I'll be lucky to break 100 now though.

East Providence Lanes... that's by the Patriot Cinemas right on the Pawtucket/E Prov Line off Newport Ave? If so, that's just 2 blocks from where I work. Not that I'd be at work on a Saturday, but still, at least I know how to get there :)

9. Linari_Tanis

Linari_Tanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2002
    *blinks* ....we actually have a Rhode Island Star Wars group!?!? *dies* I was not aware of this! And here I thought we were too small to ever gather! ..so cool. ^_^

10. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    We do indeed have a thriving little RI group here. :) You should come to a meet! We have a lot of fun.

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    kris - yup it's regular bowling (not candlepin) and yes it's the bowling alley place that is like 2 minutes away from work

linari - welcome to our little corner of fanforce! we are definitely not too small to gather ;) in fact, we're actually a pretty decent-sized group! :)

12. Linari_Tanis

Linari_Tanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2002
    Awesome...it's been forever since I've actually came onto the forums and looked around. I usually just check episode 3 updates and such...but when I saw "Rhode" over in the corner I was like...'no way...it can't be.' But...low and behold it was...^_^

I'd love to come to the meetings and stuff...If I can remember...I have a bad habit of forgetting everything...when are the usually meetings???

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    well the meets have so far always been on a saturday, once a month. we usually meet the 2nd saturday of each month but the last few months we've been meeting on the 4th saturday of each month. but we usually have information a week or two beforehand. i've been trying to get threads going as early as possible lately.

but yeah, you're very welcome to join us! :)

14. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    anybody got directions? I could use them.

15. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    read my first post in this thread chris =P

if those don't do you can always use...

*lightning strikes*

map quest *cackles*

16. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Sorry I was tired I had just gotten home from work when I posted. [face_blush]

17. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I am sorry I was not able to make the meet today. :(

I was suppose to get out of work at 8 a.m. this morning but somebody at my work called in sick last night and my boss made me stay on until 1:00 this afternoon.

I really wanted to be there today. I was all set to bowl like a champion ...oh wait I am so/so. :p

I hope you all had a great time today.

I wish I had someones cell phone to call but I did leave a message at Jeff's house at about 10:30 this morning. We should exchange numbers just in case someone will be late or not able to make the meet....like me today. :_|

I even had some things to bring to the meet today but I will bring them next time.

Well I will hopefully see you all at next month's meet and some of you at Empire Fan Fest. :)

18. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Doh i never got that message. sorry. missed alot of fun thats for sure. you missed the boba/greedo victory in epic duels =D

19. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Geez how in the heck did Boba/Greedo even last more than 3 rounds? That's pretty incredible. :p
    Sounds like the meet was a lot of fun sorry I missed it but I've been having back problems the last week. Too much moving heavy crap around :\

20. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I tried calling you about 3 times Chris. I even left you a message. Sorry you couldn't make it.

Palpatine would have dominated in E.D. except Maul came out of nowhere and attacked! Just when I thought I was safe, a thermal detonator knocked us out of the game! :p

21. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Sounds like you all had fun...sorry I missed out. :(

22. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ugh maul got his butt handed to him severely like 2 or 3 times that game. even when i tried switching to (gasp) han and chewie i still got clobbered! lots of fun though.

i agree about the numbers, chris. if anyone needs my cell # for future meets please feel free to PM me to request it. i think it's a good idea, in case someone is running late and needs to tell us to wait up.

23. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    My Lando, Lobot deck is complete. Wait till I hit everyone with Lando's famous Colt 45 attack.

24. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Ah! I found alternate characters and settings....

http://www.magnusludus.com/epicduels/dudes.html#lando

25. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    there's also a yahoo group dedicated to epic duels, and they've got custom boards and decks available for download if you join (which i did)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.