main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Meeting at the Celebration Europe II in Essen? Small report inside.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Jul 12, 2013.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Hello fellow WNUbies!! :D

You've heard of the Celebration Europe II (CE II) placed in Essen in the end of this month for sure, right?

I'll be there on Saturday and it'll be cool to get to know some of you! Usually one gets to know a lot of new people at a celebration or convention. So, this is nothing official or so - there are parties and meet up planned already (see the CE board). It's just about who will be there and with whom we might end up talking.

So, who joins us at Essen and enjoy the SW-craziness?

And how would we WNUbies get to recognise each other?

Hope to see a lot of you there!! :D

Hando likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I had full intentions of being there this year, but am obligated to be in the US at that time. Won't be home in Eire until late August, now.

3. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Had full intention of going with some friends but have a baby due in a couple of weeks which scupered them plans.

Teach me for saying "the only thing that would stop me going is <xxxx> " . . . ;)

4. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Boy, would I ever love to go...I love Germany and of course I love SW, so combining the two would be fabulous! Unfortunately, a trip to Europe is out of reach of my budget right now:(. But hopefully Skiara and others around here can give us a full report, complete with photos!

And Hando: congrats on the new baby coming...now "Commander Gree" will have a little sidekick! :)

Hando likes this.
  5. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    I'll go the next time, I promise.
    Not that that is of much help now. Or relevant to this threads purpose.

But I hope that everyone who goes has a great time.

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Not coming you all?! :(

If I haven't said it earlier, good luck for you three, Hando! :)

My life is starting to spin again. Now, Darth RL wants to challenge me on that said Saturday. It'll be a tough fight, you can imagine.

Hando likes this.
  7. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013

[face_laugh] Its Leia already, thats already decided by a certain Clone Commander :)

And thanks you guys, looking forward to it obviously. :)

Pensivia likes this.
  8. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Let me be the first to say. I'm going to be there for all 3 days!

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Leia? Cool! Will she get a second, non SW name as well?

Finally!! One who goes to the CE!!! :D

Hando likes this.
  10. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Hope you have a blast. CE I was one of my favourite weekends ever. :)

Sorry, I should have explained more - thats just what my son is calling her she won't actually be called Leia! ;)

Although he IS called Lucas - and often gets called Luke - for some reason he wants to be known as Commander Gree. [face_laugh]

Pensivia likes this.
  11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    So she's having a nicname already! Great!:D
    How is it going? Any news from the baby wanting to say 'hi' to the world or prefers to keep up the tension? Hando? :)

So, it's just Regor and me who are going to CE II? No one else? :eek:

Hando likes this.
  12. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    :) Almost there. . . almost there . . . .
    Think my wife is TOTALLY fed up now but feels things are moving on. Under 2 weeks to go now hence I couldn't risk Celebration. :_|
    Had to be something pretty epic to keep me away. :)

Pensivia likes this.
  13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Sure! And what if not a baby would be more epic? :)

Then good luck for you three!! [:D]

Hando likes this.
  14. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    *thinks about meeting Carrie Fisher, as his eyes glaze over* :D

What could be as epic as having a baby . . . . . hmmm. . . . . I jest. ;)

Pensivia likes this.
  15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    CaptainRegor, how did you like it? Was it your first one?

Hando, did the baby say 'hi' to the world already? :)

For everyone who wasn't at the CE II, there'll be another chance next year: Jedi-Con ForCever (since it's in German, here's the basic information: 3rd-5th of Oktober 2014 in Düsseldorf, Germany). I'm sure, there'll be a thread about it in the http://boards.theforce.net/forums/fanforce-conventions.10290/]FanForce[/url] Conventions board very soon. :)

Pensivia, A Chorus of Disapproval and Zapdos, now, there's no chance to avoid it! You have to come! :D

Hando and Pensivia like this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am planning to be home in Eire for awhile at that time. Those dates may actually work.

Skiara likes this.
  17. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks for the update, Skiara! That does sound tempting...especially if Oktoberfest will still be going on then :D

(IIRC, in Germany, the Oktoberfest period actually starts in September?...but not only in Bavarian towns, right.(?)..does Dusseldorf observe Oktoberfest too?)

Skiara likes this.
  18. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Nah, she's waiting. Just anticipating, for things that she'll. . . .

Sorry broke into song there, but not no can't be far off now though. [face_nail_biting]

Thanks for asking. :)

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Great, Pensivia and Chorus! :D Would be pretty cool! :D

The traditional Oktoberfest is in Bavaria, but I think there are other places that copy the original one. If you like to go to the Oktoberfest, then go to Bavaria. Everything else might be disappointing in comparision. But why not going there and afterwards to the Jedi-Con or how about a small travel through Germany. There's more to discover then just Bavarian Oktoberfest and Jedi-Con. ;) :p

Keep us up to date, Hando. :)

Pensivia likes this.
  20. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Will do for sure. :)

Jedi Con looks great and one show I'd like to attend one year. I have the T-Shirts, have the limited figure packs etc. (But never been the show [face_blush] )

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    What t-shirt are you speaking of and which action figures? :confused:

22. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    One of my favourite SW T-shirts from the 04 Con i think has Red + white Clones and Super Battle Droids on which is also one of my favourite Exclusive figure packs done in red and white again and has a Clone and Super Battle Droid within.

Other figure exclusives that I have from JC are the 2000/2001 blue packaged C-3PO, the TVC Zuckuss + 4-LOM (same pack as Celebration) and the Shadow Trooper set. There is probably more but they are the ones I have. :)

23. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    hey, i'll look into it.
    a friend of mine is traveling in germany with me this fall, so by october '14 i won't be a germany noob anymore, so it could actually work

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I see, Hando. I've got the coffee cups of the last three Jedi-Cons. My most favorites. :D But the figures are cool as well. At the CE II I saw them for 60€ IIRC.

Would be cool, Zapdos. Do you know which cities you'll visit or what you plan to do? Lots of sightseeing or partying or relaxing?

Hando likes this.
  25. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    60 € wow, was that for the Han / Boba combo. . . . that looks amazing but its going on Ebay for STUPID money. Don't think I'll own one of them anytime soon. :(