main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA Meeting for September

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by dragonmar, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Hi Everyone: Sorry we didn't have any turn out for August's meeting. I went to the pancake house but no one else showed up. I hope we can all make it for the September meeting on the 13th. If the second Sunday is to much hassle maybe we could change it to another Sunday. I really prefer Sundays as they tend to be more free than another day. I will be babysitting in October on the second weekend, and would like to chage the meeting for October. I really want to keep the group going as it would be a shame to stop after six years. We really need to get going on some way to get new members. I will make up some flyers for Foolscap on September 25-27th. I'm also still going to Steamcon as far as I know and will try and have some then as well. I will continue to post on Craigslist and any other site I can find. Hope everyone is doing great and see you soon.

2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Well, I think I can make it to the meeting on the 13th. I have nothing on my plate and would also hate to see this group end from lack of participation.
    I will be recovering from surgery in October and won't be able to drive. I will probably be going stir crazy and having a bad case of cabin fever and needing human contact.
    Maybe we could have an October meeting at my place?

3. dragonmar

May 30, 2003
    Sounds great Cate. I hope you can come on the 13th I've missed seeing you for a while. I hope everyone is well. I think that the October meeting would be great at your house. Let us know if you can and we can schedule it. I hope your surgery goes well to.

4. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I'm not sure if I can make the 13th yet. I'll let you know.

5. jedititus

jedititus Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2009
    Sorry I can't meet sundays. I could meet any time on Saturdays or after 2 on weekdays. It will be easier once I get my car though. I have been looking everywhere for Washington Star Wars fans. where are all of you in Snohomish County?

6. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Hello jedititus,
    Well, I am in the Mill Creek area. Funny thing but our other two most active members live in King County, LOL. But the group started with a few people in Everett.

We have found over the course of time that Sundays at 1 is the day and time that works best for the majority of our active members, so we aren't likely to change that without having an increase in members for whom Saturday is the best day for regular monthly meetings. We usually make these changes via a poll or vote.

But we do have special events and parties that often take place on Saturdays. I hope you will keep checking this site for those events and join us then

7. jedititus

jedititus Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2009
    Yah I definitely will join you guys for those. How many members do you have? It doesn't seem like they are many anymore.

8. dragonmar

May 30, 2003
    We have seen a reduction in our members. One moved out of state and one moved to far to come. We are however activley seeking more members so its a pleasure to have you join us. Sorry our meetings on on Sundays at this time, but if more members prefer a different day we can change it. There is also a Star Wars collector group in the area, that meets on one Saturday a month. Me and Amy one of our other members go to it. She's actually having the October meeting and I'm having the November. Its called SARLACC Seattle Area Lucas Arts Collectors Club. If your interested I can send you a link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.