main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Meetings

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lavagrrrl, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I have been thinking about meetings a lot lately. It seems that we are having very small turnouts, and I know that we are all busy with that pesky real life. So, I think it's time to discuss possibly going to meetings every other month or something to change things.

Thoughts? Ideas?

2. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    Well this weekend is supposed to be the next meeting and it happens to be during Motor City Comic Con, which most of the costume members are going to be very busy at. What about having the next meeting in November, on the 11th and have it at someone's house with games and what not?

We're willing to have people over here, unless Todd & Christine would like to host.

3. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    It does feel like the need's here to switch to an every other month schedule, at least until the TV show(s) start up and there's something to really discuss outside of the books (which people should still be interested in, dammit :p). I have no problem with a meeting in November, wherever it is held.

4. Grand_Admiral_J-tal

Grand_Admiral_J-tal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    Every other month is fine with me. I'm being held hostage by visting in-laws this weekend, so I'm not available for anything. Besides, I'm having a custom darkside lightsaber machined and it won't be ready for another month.

5. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    About that pesky real life. I suggest we all turn to the dark side and ignore it. Focus all our energy on Star Wars, no one will care....untill you start missing payments.:oops:

I'm just looking forward to meeting the gang, whenever it is.

6. CTATigger

CTATigger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    We'd be up for having the meeting here, November 11th. Give us a call or drop us a PM if you want us to do this, Susie, Jon and Mike.
    Also, can we ask that maybe we put up a post and can everyone take the time to RSVP whether they are coming OR NOT so we can all plan on how many are coming, food, etc?

7. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    While I would love to have a game night, it doesn't seem like we are going to get many people. I don't want to have to resort to picking up people to get them to show up for something. Maybe we should focus on something around January. The holiday season is coming up fast, and I know that December is going to be really busy for all of us.

There is a HUGE event in Grand Rapids on December 2. Jeremy Bulloch will be there (in large part thanks to Christine's history with Jeremy), and it would be great to have some R2-Detroit representation at that event. The Grand Rapids FanForce is also heavily involved in this event. Costumes are not required to participate in events!

Anyway, those are my current thoughts. I am open to suggestion, so please post, email or PM me. :)

8. CTATigger

CTATigger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, I am disappointed in the lack of interest in a game night. With the little one, we have a harder time making it out to events but would have been happy to have folks over here.
    I see there is another event scheduled at Great Lakes Crossing for the 4th of November and then there is the Toy Show in December in Grand Rapids. Perhaps these events will rekindle some interest in R2Detroit, or bring in some new interest...as it seems the interest has dwindled quite a bit lately....

9. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Would it be possible to have a meeting at the GLC Borders after the FYE event? Just seems too convenient to pass up.

And I'm alway up for a game night. As long as it's ok with the wife [face_praying].

10. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Trust me, I am very disappointed by the extremely low attendance in the last few months.

As for a meeting after the FYE event, I cannot. Now, there is no reason that others cannot decide to have a meeting there without me. After we take down everything we set up, we usually go out to eat. I know I'm going to want to go home and get in my comfy space after all of that. Everyone is welcome to come to the event, and no costume is required.

Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet you, Terrell78! I miss the Tigger family as well, so I hope to see you guys soon. Your little one has probably grown so much in the time we haven't seen him.

11. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    Hi Everyone,
    Been awhile since I post anything here, First, I'm sorry I haven't attend to any meetings (R2-Detroit) and very limited events, mainly my job have me flying out of town alot[face_worried] and I would love to come on the 11th (Nov.)[face_peace]
    I do have a event that date "501st event", I'll be late.
    I'm booked in costume on the 4th, 11th, 14th of nov. and the 2nd & 9th of dec. events (501st events)...oh the 18th (Dec.) I'll be out of the city, I miss you wonderful folks[:D]

12. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    There is no November meeting. Actually, there are no meetings planned for the next two months.

13. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    I'm definitely up for a game night at any time, just plan it and a midget will be there. :p As for meetings, I've said that scaling back does seem to be necessary but I have a feeling location once again is coming into play. The Novi location is great, the staff at the Border's work with us and the Fountainwalk area has tons of post-meeting stuff to do, but it's still a half hour plus drive for pretty much everyone. We really need to scout to try and find another Border's or B&N place around, where the staff will be just as enthusiastic and there's enough stuff nearby. Probably hard criteria to reach, but still. :p

14. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Go ahead and check out places. Keep in mind that the last time we tried to move, some people had a fit. Since Novi is about an hour from our house, I am all for a closer location.

15. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    If everyone is looing for plenty of fun there is a Dave & Busters behind the Borders at M-59 and M-53. Sounds like a winner to me, but what do I know[face_dancing] .

16. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Shall we at least set a tentative date for the second Saturday in January as the next meeting?

17. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Sure, that is fine. Go ahead and look into locations, I just don't want to do all the leg work this time (since I did it last time around). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.