main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memorabilia Fest?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I don't know how this one snuck up on us. I saw this post over on the TF.N homepage. It's this coming weekend (July 21-23) at the Holiday Inn Convention Center in Boxboro, MA.

There are going to be a boatload of SW celebrities (including the NEG 501) as well as current and former members of the Patriots.

Here's a short list:
    SW:
    Kenny Baker
    Peter Mayhew
    Matthew Wood
    Patriots:
    Doug Flutie
    Mike Vrabel
    Ben Watson

You can check out more info here:
    http://www.memorabiliafest.com/?itemCategory=26303&siteid=107&priorId=0

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    That's only about 30 minutes from my house! Maybe I'll drop by on Sunday while my wife is working and try to snag a few autographs [face_thinking], that is if I'm not totally broke from getting my car fixed :_|.

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Sorry to hear about your car woes. My A/C went this week (great timing eh?) so I feel your pain.

I thought about flying down there to check it out, but when I saw what they were charging for auto (especially the Patriots:eek: ) I decided to pass. I'll save my pennies for SMF this Fall ;)

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah, this one did sneak up on us. Unfortunately, it's bad timing for me, too, as aside from the usual transportation problems, it will be a shopping day Saturday and my sister's birthday Sunday. DW, you want me to email the show's organizers later next week and see if they plan on Star Wars guests next year and, if they do, to find out how we can get a table at the show?

Edit: Looking at the exhibitor info, they're planning another show in October, with the dates and location to be announced.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I would think the October show would be a no-go for us since MegaFest is the following month. I'll get in contact with the organizers and see if they can provide me with a schedule for future shows.

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    As a follow up to this, I guess the recent SW Insider has an ad for the next MF. Also, for anyone interested it will be at the John Smith Arena in Milford from October 13-15th. The SW celebs that will be in attendance are Billy Dee Williams, Ray Park, Nalini Krishan(Barris Offee), Daniel Logan(young Boba).

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just checked the Memorabilia Fest site, and that date and town is confirmed. No guests listed on the site yet, however, though they promised an update within the week.

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Memorabilia Fest has announced two Star Wars guests in addition to those mentioned by Wormie for the Oct. 13-15 show: Mary Oyaya (Jedi Knight Luminara Unduli in AotC) and Christian Simpson (movement actor for the BD-3000 Luxury Droid in RotS, and Bravo 6 in TPM).

The sports guests announced are a reunion of the 1985 New England Patriots AFC championship team, Ben Watson and Chad Jackson from the current Patriots (the weekend is the Pats' bye weekend), and former Bruins Cam Neely and Terry O'Reilly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.