main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memorabilia

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Tay-Mar, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I know Mark and Phill have some shots of todays little outing, so I thought I'd start a thread they could attach them to. I'd like to thank all of those who turned up it was as always great fun to spend time with you guys.

Phill you really should have kids, the Dad mode you slip into is seamless, I only wish I could do that more often with my kids.

Big Dave never ask me to go shopping with you m8, you make most clothes shopping women look decisive.

I'd also like to make a special thanks to Liegh for traveling down here to spend time with us, it was great to meet you and I hope you enjoyed yourself. Lady (Ang) Wiz and Tamika for giving the day some balance, it's great that you two feel part of gang and I hope you will continue to be part of it.

As always an honour and a pleasure folks.

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I agree. I think a good day was had by all. Again, welcome to Leigh for coming down from Newcastle...I hope we didn't freak you out, and to Meek and Ang for putting up with us. I'm currently uploading my photo's now; as soon as their done, I'll link us up! :)

3. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Nice one Mark! And MArtin when me and Dave go into our trances...its hard to get us out of them...like the trance I went into when I sort of disappeared from "Dads flock"........but otherwise a great day and evening too...thanks for putting up with us all Dave and remind me never to play trivial pursuit again unless its the kiddies version!

4. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    thanks every one for such a fun saturday /sunday morning. And big thanks for the hospitality at chateau Wiz, it was much appreciated. Ive never had such clean nasel passages.

5. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    nasal passages??!!? a great day was had by all i think. and as for trivial pursuit, all i can say is: champion!! [face_dancing] .
    and Martin, thats what the place was for, shopping. you should try booze shopping with me one time if toy shopping did your head in!! [face_laugh]

thanks guys for a brilliant day.

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    My photo's are now uploaded. They should be ready for all to see in a few minutes. :)

Memorabillia Photo's.

EDIT: Crap! I've just remembered, I forgot to go back and buy that turd! [face_frustrated]

7. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Wow it looks like everyone had lots of fun.... I need to go to a con but the next one I plan to attend is near Halloween. :(

8. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I don't know whether to be offended or amused :p

I would like to agree with everyone above and thank Leigh for making the trek down from Newcastle. It was great to meet you, and I hope we didn't scare you away :D I look forward to seeing you again along with everyone else who will be making it to Signatopia in two weeks.

Here are my pics. Not many, just was too busy looking around and forgot to snap them.

One of two excellent Daleks cruising around Memorabilia
    [image=http://www.ff-uk.org.uk/images/memaug05/dalek.jpg]

The HORNS just for you Joe :D
    [image=http://www.ff-uk.org.uk/images/memaug05/memhorns.jpg]

The gang's all here
    [image=http://www.ff-uk.org.uk/images/memaug05/memgang.jpg]

We seem to be a little light on people here
    [image=http://www.ff-uk.org.uk/images/memaug05/memgang1.jpg]

Vez meets Richard Hatch (after being talked at by some weird guy!)
    [image=http://www.ff-uk.org.uk/images/memaug05/vezapollo.jpg]

Vez meets Dirk Benedict. Looks like she was closing her eyes in ecstasy :p
    [image=http://www.ff-uk.org.uk/images/memaug05/vezstarbuck.jpg]

9. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Looks like ti was loads of fun

10. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Hiya guys :D I'm back, safe and sound, though slightly delayed (slight ticket problems)

First off, thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome. This weekend was really really great

Verity: Your an absolute star! :) Thank you so much for putting me up [:D] I appriciate it so much.

Phil: Our leader. Great to meet you. You have some great ideas to build the FF-UK up to something great

Mark: You are absolutly hilarious! Again, it was great to meet you. TIMMMAY! [face_laugh]. Meeting your sister was great too :)

Tom: Next time try the adult questions in Trivial pursuit :p (Although i shouldnt complain i used the kiddie questions too heheh) I love the way you can recite bo'selecta and Jackass is cool

Martin: Nice to meet you. I liked your rebel patch on your jacket :)

Dave and Ang: Thank you so much for your hospitality on Saturday night! It was apprieciated

Now im logging off cos im hungry and a bit tired. I'll Post later (I'm having problems spelling)

THANKS AGAIN! [face_dancing] :cool: :D

11. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    EXCELLENT!!! [face_mischief]

12. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Leigh it was a pleasure to have you along, I'm glad to hear you got back safe and sound, although a little delayed.

13. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Yeah nice to know u got back safe and sound Leigh and was pleasure meeting you......and remember that Sunderland suck!

14. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    oh no ! what tkt problems ? were they arsey ?

15. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Wahhh. Marks pics wnt let you save any :_|

16. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Works fine for me. I just right clicked and selected "save picture as". No problems.

17. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Hiya V :)

Yes they were arsey and didn't know what in the world they were doing

Went onto the platform and a conductor was checking tickets before going onto the train (which i thought was strange as they usually do it on the move) He asked for mine and he looked at it and said "You can't get on this train you have to wait until the fixed time. But there was no way I was gonna wait till 7.30. So I went to ticket counter to see if I could exchange my ticket for an earlier one. She said no and that it would cost me 31.50 for a ticket home to Newcastle. I admited defeat and said ok I was feeling annoyed at this point and just wanted to get out of that station. Didnt have enough money so i said do you take cards? "We do but we don't take electron" There were three cash points in the station. None of them worked. So, walked into derby, found a cash point in a nearby pub went back, payed £31.50 for the ticket. Got on the next newcastle train (15 min later) Set off. Conductor comes down the train. I give him my ticket, looks at it and says "wheres your young persons rail card" confused stare. "I don't have a card" Then he points out the lass at the kiosk back in derby gave me a discount on the ticket without even asking for a railcard "Is that really my problem, I mean she never asked me for a card in the first place!" I said "Never the less the proper price is £48.50. I need the excess £16 of you now please" It was either argue and get kicked off the train or pay so I managed to scrape together £16 (I thought the electron cards could be accepted every-bloody-where!!!) Leaving me with copper in the bottom of my purse. Got into newcastle dead on 7. The only good point of the whole journey was seeing jonathan on the platform :p

Touch wood I don't have a repeat of this at Signatopia...

18. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    that is disgusting ! are you going to complain?

19. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i cant believe i missed it!
    i dont recognise a couple of members in the group pic so could somebody tell me who is who plz thanks

20. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    The only person you might not recognise from the photo's is Leigh,(she's the one kneeling infront of Lord Wiz and Verity), the other young lady (To Phill's left) is Mika, Mark's sister who was at Star City with us.

21. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    :eek:

dont tell Ang!!

22. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    im going to start up a board when you can post pics (FFUK:M only posting pics)

23. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok folks Thread Resurrection time. I know we have the NSC event coming up but I thought we could get some rough ideas on who will be attending Memorabilia on the 26th/27th November at the NEC. Tom if you read this please let us know if you're going to be anywhere near home for this weekend.

Those attending -

Tay-Mar

I'm pretty sure that Lord and Lady Wiz will be there, (let us know Dave or Ang) ;)

24. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    Those attending -

Tay-Mar
    Lord-Wiz
    Lady_Wiz

(as long as money allows) ;)

25. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Count me in :D