main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mettings and What Nots

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by qc_jedi_xavier, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    We should be having a meeting at the end of Jan, to talk about upcoming Con's and movies we want to see. Being that it is winter, We can plan some Ski events.

But I can tell you that the Next QCJO Event will be at CapriCon in Chicago.

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    But I can tell you that the Next QCJO Event will be at CapriCon in Chicago.

Whoo-Hoo! Road Trip!

:D

~H~

3. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    Here is a list of Main Events in 2003 that we will try to get to. Its not that we are not doing anythingm its just that there is nothing to do !

Capricon XXIII SF Chicago, IL -- February 6 - 9, 2003

Costume-Con 21 Costuming Chicago, IL -- April 18 - 21, 2003

OpCon XIV SF Chicago, IL -- April, 2003

Concinnity Media-Star Wars Milwaukee, WI -- April 12 - 13, 2003

Odyssey Con 2003 SF Madison, WI -- April 4 -6, 2003

Demicon SF Des Moines, IA -- May 2 - 4, 2003

DucKon XII SF Chicago, IL -- June 6 - 8,

Trek Fest XIX *New Entry!* Media-Trek Riverside, IA -- June, 2003

Ragnarok XVIII LARP Chicago, IL -- June 22 - 28, 2003

GenCon 2003 Gaming (general) Indianapolis, IN -- July 24 - 27, 2003

Anime Iowa 2003 Media-Anime Cedar Rapids, IA -- August, 2003

DragonCon, IN - - - September 2003 <BIG CON>

4. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    I am getting a room for steven, nate, and my self tonight. for capricon. We are going up Saturday morning and coming home sunday

5. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I went to Anime Iowa last year, its alot of fun. It'll be cool to see you guys there. But uh, would a Star Wars group fit in at an anime convention? Anime Central in Chicago dosent even allow Star Wars costumes at their con, Anime Iowa might be the same way. Just letting ya know.

6. quadcityteecee1

quadcityteecee1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    "Yeah, baby..."--Emeril Lagasse, Chef.

I like the idea of Costume Con, and Anime Con in Cedar Rapids, IA...This may be a great year to go to cons80)--MTFBWY--Tee Cee.

7. qcJediJes

qcJediJes Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    Realistically, I won't be able to go to any of the Cons. until Black Hawk's out in May, but that just gives me time to work on a new costume, so I guess that's good.

Still, I think we should have another local meeting or movie night or game night or whatever. I've had to work when just about all the others were held and I'd like to attend something to feel more "official." Anyway, that's just my two cents.

Oh, and Chris and Steve, have you heard? Justin got married and he and his wife are expecting their first child in July. Between its father and "uncle" Jesse (...ignore obvious "Full House" reference...) I'm sure this one will be well trained in the ways of the Force (not to mention, be only about two when SW3 comes out...possibly dressed up as a toddler Luke or Leia for the premiere if such a character appears in the last installment of our saga). Just thought I'd update ya.

8. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    I was just going to say, that was also a Dukes of Hazzard reference as well.

Lately I've been pretty busy launching a website and tracking down merchant numbers and business licences and copyrights. Capricon might be a little shady but I wouldn't miss costume con. What are we doing for that anyway? Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I need detailed pics of Obi-Wan and Anakin costumes if you guys have em. If not, I need to take more.

Also, what is the progress on our action sequence fan film thingy? Are they done the effects yet. With all the mad selling I'm doing on ebay lately I might just be able to afford that new CPU soon enough to do it myself. Fill me in people, need the info.

9. DoctorD52

DoctorD52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.