main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Michigan Fan

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Vaderbait, Sep 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm from Bay City Michigan, and I'm an alcoholic.....wait.....that's not right, I'm a Star Wars-aholic. :) I'm 16 years old, just wanted to say hi, and spark a wave of thousands of Michigan fans on this board!

Well...the last one may be a little far fetched.

2. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Hey! I'm a Star Wars-aholic too. I'm 16 as well & from Ann Arbor. So when did you first really get into Star Wars?

3. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    I got into Star Wars around...oh, I dunno, when I was little, had the toys, saw the movies, didn't remember much until around 95, when I rewatched the movies, then a few years later, the SEs came out, saw those, found a fane base, so I knew I wasn't alone, :). Then TPM came out and I found my way here.

4. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    1991. I was 13. It was a combination of watching the trilogy, boredom, and my father's copy of Heir to the Empire, which had come out earlier that year.

A decade later, and I'm addicted. Getting kind of tired of it (Stopped caring about the books after the huge letdown that was Visions.) But I'm still addicted enough to stick around.

5. Levon

Levon Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    hey I'm also s Star Wars-aholic and I'm 16!
    I live in mt. Pleasant...........

6. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Hi all. I'm a little older (28) and have lived in Bay City and went to college in Mt. Pleasant, but I've loved Star Wars for much longer than that! I still remember seeing ANH when I was a wee kid of 4 in Southfield. I'd love to share my thoughts and memories on all things Star Wars, and like hearing other people's stories also. So quit whatever work you are doing and do something useful, like post in here!! LOL

7. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Wow, it's been a while since anyone responded in here, I was bored, so I wandered back in. My email is TheRedneck2004@yahoo.com, anyone wanna chat or maybe set up something, I don't know, discuss it there so I know people are responding, lol.

8. Shyviolet

Shyviolet Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2001
    thats two people who know where mt. pleasant is! I unfortunately live there....

9. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Aww, I miss living in Mt. Pleasant. Of course that's when I was going to CMU, and those were some of the best years of my life. But I could see myself living there. Midland on the other hand........ugh....

10. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    this is great talking to so many people from the Detriot-metro area....

I'm from Plymouth and am hugely obssessed. even to the point where I've got my own (real) padawan's braid.

the only problem is that I moved a few years ago... :( how are things in Plymouth? Anyone I know?

11. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    1. My uncle works at CMU in Mt. Pleasant
    2. Half of my family of cousins live in Midland. :p

12. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Hey shyviolet, I recognize you from starwars.com too :) among others. Seems like there is a substantial number of people not from Detroit--although I would've thought there would be more people in general, from Detroit and elsewhere. I don't understand why there isn't...for those of you who lined up for stuff like Ep. I...was there a large amount of people? If so, I wonder where they all are!

13. StealthTrooperSTC019

StealthTrooperSTC019 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    It almost seems that a lot of fans are in Bay City... Anybody go to the Midnight opening of EPI in the Bay Mall????

14. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    I tried, but I ended up going to the 4ish showing on opening day instead. My friends aunt worked at the theater and hooked us up with some tickets a long time in advance. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.