main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Midnight showing

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ROGUE_NINER, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    It was brought up at the meeting but I figured I'd get it started here.
    I know a few of us are planing to go to the Midnight opening of Star Wars Episode 3 and we had talked of going together, so how many would be interested in going?

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    raise my hand to go then.

I'll probably be going the following Saturday too, depending on how much I liked or disliked the movie.

If we all go to the midnight show, it would be cool to sit together, if possible.

3. raptor182cnort

raptor182cnort Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    Where is the closest Theatre doing the Midnight show? Anything in Madison or do we have to go to Chicago?

4. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    I would think if the Marcus theatres in Milwaukee are having midnight shows, then the Madison ones should also be doing that. Give a call to your Ultrascreen theatre manager and that person should have that info.

5. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Point Cinema on the West side of Madison is where we are going to meet up, is my understanding.

All Marcus Theaters in Madison will have a Midnight Showing. Even though I live on the East side, I plan on making the drive to the West side, since it has the only UltraScreen I know of in Madison.

We will know more info closer to the release date.

6. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'll likely go to the west side, but chances are I would need a ride, but its a several weeks yet

7. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I plan on camping out for a while so I hope I can reserve a group spot for us all. I mentioned it at the meeting, hopefully something like that will work.

Forcebewitya!

8. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    I concur that we should try to see what we can plan for this day. I would also like to use this space to say that it was very nice meeting you all at the Maul on the 19th. The west side Point would be good for me.

9. AnakinsAngel4

AnakinsAngel4 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2004
    Hi everyone,

I would love to meet up with everyone but I may have a problem with seeing it on the west side during the week because of my daughter and an 8:00 am class Thursday. We'll see how it goes.

And I also wanted to add that it was great being able to meet everyone. I'm looking forward to us all hooking up again.

Take care,

May the Force Be with Us All & Long Live the Sagas!!!!

10. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Anyone needing a ride from the East side should contact me.

I will be heading over to the Point Cinema around 8PM that night to stand in line with Brent (who I assume will be there already by then).

Possible meeting point would be outside the East Towne Mall's food court entrance.

If no takers, I'll expect to see you there.

11. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'm going to get there as early as I can. Chair + book + PSP = Set for hours

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Heh, cool. I'll bring my DS and Minish Cap to beat. *Wish I had a PSP* So I guess it'll be you and I.

Forcebewitya!

13. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'll likely take you up on that ride, Rick
    I however don't have a portable game system, so I'll likely take a book and maybe a CD Player with the Episode 3 soundtrack

14. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Heh, I can load the soundtrack onto my PSP and listen to it too! >:E

15. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    thats cool, It sould be a good CD

16. Ruby_Red_Leader

Ruby_Red_Leader Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    I'm a fan here in Madison. Been a fan since May 19, 1977. Since I'd like to go to a midnight showing with like minded fans, will definitely check in to see what's being planned. Most of my friends who are SW fans don't live around here so would love to chat with fans here in Mad City.

17. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Welcome Ruby Red !!

You can join us wherever we may be getting together. The dates and times might not be best for everyone at times, but we do our best to get as many of us together as we can.

The Midnight Showing should be the best chance to get together. I think just about everyone will be able to go.
    I probably won't be bringing Kelly, because we can't find a sitter for our girl yet.

Ryan... Just let me know what time you want to me to pick you up. No probem.

18. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Cool, sounds like a plan, Welcome to the boards Ruby_Red! I will definitly see you all there. And dont worry about not having a handheld Ryan, we mostly talk anyway while waiting in line. Thats what we did last night for the toys. Of course I must say the trailer on the PSP was really cool.

Forcebewitya!

19. Ruby_Red_Leader

Ruby_Red_Leader Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm really planning on attending a midnight showing somwhere. I went to a midnight showing in Milwaukee back in 1977 and I'd sure like to complete that circle, if you know what I mean. :)

I'll check the boards as often as I can to see what you guys have planned.

20. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Welcome, to the board, always nice to have a new member.
    I'll do that Rick.

21. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Just so I am sure which day I am to take off, it would be Wednesday, May 18, but at the stroke of 12:01, the movie would begin, correct? So I would take Thursday off, not Friday.

On an unrelated topic, I just saw the Clone Wars DVD. Thought it was sublime, and almost wish I had cable.

22. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Very good question!!

If the movie is actually being shown at 12:01, which would put it on Thursday morning (very very early morning), and they consider it as showing that morning of the 19th, then Thursday off would be a good choice.

However, if they are thinking that Midnight on Thursday is the what is meant, then it isn't 12:01 but 12:00 (kinda weird, but it works). So taking Friday off would be a good choice.

Anyone know what the theaters are doing?

If memory serves me well, I think you should take Thursday off.
    Heck, take both days off! I might do that myself.

23. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I would think since the Midnight showing is suposed to be the first time it would be shown it would be shown Thursday morning aka 12:00 am

24. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    The movie is coming out Thursday, May 19th. If there's a midnight showing, they show the movie at 12:01AM of the opening day, which is May 19th. So you take off Thursday.

OR YOU BE HARDCORE LIKE ME AND GO INTO WORK ANYWAY!!!!!

I'm gonna piss off so many users that day, I know it.

25. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah, It will be thursday morning. We'll wait in line Wednesday. I already took off both days. yay

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.