main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Modesto Bee Contest

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by aero-, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    did anyone win? Unfortunately, my name wasn't on that list :(

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I checked their site for the winners, and I wasn't on the list. Damn!

3. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Oh well, I didn't win that one either. In fact I didn't understand the contest in the paper all that well actually. Did you have to enter 3 times, once each week, or just once any of the 3 weeks they had different questions?

Also, for some unknown reason I did not win the KMPH contest either. I smell something fishy with that one, but oh well it's their loss.

The good news is that I will still be at Brendon Theaters in Modesto for the charity premier that night anyhow, as we the 501st will be working the event.

4. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Ken, which poser won the KMPH contest??!!

5. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    See for yourself here:

http://www.kmph.com/

I have been forwarded a few emails that my friends sent to the station as a complaint and the replies, which are hella funny actually. Anyhow, I have no comment on this crap, other than I wish I had not wasted my time on it.

But I am still unclear on that Modesto Bee / Sun Star contest. Were you supposed to enter all 3 weeks in a row and get the right answeres each time? As the questions chnged each week.

6. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    What a slapass, Ken. I can't see how that person could've beat you. No way!

As far as the Modesto Bee contest, I figured you had to get the most amount of ??s right of all 3 weeks, and they'd select from the entries that satisfied that requirement.

7. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    holy crap that guy that won the KMPH contest was irritating!

you shoulda won, but hey, big deal.

8. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Come on, freakin Lito!!?? You gotta be kiddin me, theres no way that guy has a girlfriend!! [face_laugh]

9. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Even the "Fabio Trooper" yours truly is a waaay bigger fan than him....!!! lol

10. aero-

May 4, 2002
    the gayest fan was the host of episode one tonight on KMPH. it's obvious where his lightsaber is...

11. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Well I actually missed the airing of Ep1 on TV yesterday, but no big loss there I guess.

But I did meet this guy on Friday night in Modesto at the premier. He was actually pretty cool, but by no means the biggest SW fan I have meet by a long shoot. As when he asked how I had gotten hooked up with the movie premier as well, I told him I was with the 501st, and I don't think he knew what that was. And I also told him I went to Celebration 3 and he was a bit speachless. But overall, still a nice guy nonetheless.

I will leave it with this....if your a huge SW fans livng in Fresno, wouldn't you at least come by this board every once in a while.....hummmm.

12. aero-

May 4, 2002
    my sentiment exactly. my wife saw me post the bit about the lightsaber...and she goes "won't he see that if he's a star wars fan?"

and i said "EUREKA, WATSON!" and she laughed.

13. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    That poser better step off, ElvisTrooper in da hizzie!! lol

"I cant believe itz not budda!"

14. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Here is a cool little update:

I got an Email the other day that said USA Today was looking for big Star Wars fans to send in a few pics and a short story of why they are big SW fans. So I went ahead and sent over a few pics and as a PS to my Email, I included a link to the full version of the contest video.

And I just got an Email today that said they loved the clip and rehosted it on thier site, see here:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/star-wars-05/yearbook/flash_tuesday.htm?select=tab5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.