main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Mos Alba's Very Own Harry Potter Thread!!! Spoilers exist, please use caution. [UPDATE -HBP]

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Mar 24, 2004.

1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    whats the title!

and Krump has been cast but I can't find any photos of him...

Ah, interesting title...

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, most major parts have been cast. But, no, no photos have surfaced for Krum yet...

The title of book six is...

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

And the Half Blood Prince refers neither to Harry nor Voldemort, according to Jo.

3. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    oh! I wonder who it is!

4. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    New character maybe?

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    probably, the books always deal with something you never heard of before and people who you never really heard of before.

6. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    OMG OMG CEDRIC IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!! and that TITLE IS BRILLIANT!!!!!!

7. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    i think the prince is Hadgrid!

8. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    XD *has a mental picture of Hagrid as a Prince* XD

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    PoA DVD streets on 11/23. They'll also be releasing a box set with all 3 movies for those that don't already have them.

SRP for PoA is $29.95 and will be the usual two disc set.

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    while the 2 disk set is fun they never have anything good. No indepth docutmenteries very few interviews and no commentaries! aregh...

11. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Rita Skeeter casting announced!
    From The Leaky Cauldron:

[image=http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/images/2004/07/mirandarichardsonsmall.jpg]Extremely reliable sources tell us that British actress Miranda Richardson will play Rita Skeeter in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Ms. Richardson (headshot) is most commonly known for her roles in The Hours (playing Vanessa Bell), Sleepy Hollow (playing Lady Mary Van Tassel, pictured here with Michael Gambon, aka Dumbledore) and The Crying Game (playing Jude).

Born in Lancashire, England, she has a long profile that also includes characterizations of the Queen of Hearts in the 1995 Nick Willing TV adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, as well as Queen Elizabeth in Blackadder Back & Forth. You can find more information on her at her unofficial Web site, www.miranda-richardson.com.

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Oh yeah, and some other guy for some other character.

Something like Ralph Fiennes for He Who Must Not Be Named. Sounds like a fluff role. 8-}

From The Leaky Cauldron:
    [image=http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/ralphfiennessmalljpg.jpg]Fiennes is a very well known, Oscar-nominated and BAFTA Award winning actor. His most famous movies include Schindler's List (as Amon Goeth), The English Patient (as Count Laszlo de Almásy), and Red Dragon (as Francis Dolarhyde).

He is also known for lighter fare like Maid in Manhattan (where he played opposite Jennifer Lopez), and played opposite Miranda Richardson, who will play Rita Skeeter in GoF, in Spider.

13. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    dude he will rule as Volde... he was so evil in schindlers list and in Red Dragon. The guy creeps me out completely-I hate him as anything but a baddy... and a great voice for him! I can't wait!!! ohhhhhhHHHHH!!!!!!

14. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    Here is Mad Eye Moody:

[image=http://www.celebritywonder.com/mp/2003_28_Days_Later/tn/2003_28_days_later_photo_003.jpg]

15. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Just got an e-mail update, PoA is scheduled for a DVD release date of November 24,2004 and you can pre-order it at Barnes & Noble.

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Actually, I believe it's scheduled for release on the 23rd. That is Tuesday, after all...

I can't wait to get it! I've been wanting to see it again in theaters, though...

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    should be in the dollar theaters sometime soon-thats when I will go see it again so I can drag Lor there with me.

By the way, thought you guys might like this: http://www.harrypotteradults.com

I just joined up!

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I've been there before, just not read anything from there yet.

Another great site with some EXCELLENT fan fiction and fan art is The Sugar Quill.

My favorite HP fanfiction by far is After The End. This was written prior to The Order of the Phoenix, so a beloved character appears that has since passed away...

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey guys... HP POA is at the dollar theater now...

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    YES! Time to go again!

21. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    More characters to die in books 6 and 7
    Dozens and dozens of news sources have picked up on what JK Rowling said on her official site about killing off more characters and are reporting it as news. Informed HP fans, however, already know this to be true - she's said it several times in past interviews.
    London's Evening Standard has a particularly amusing story where they invent odds on which character will die. They're pretty good at inventing things:

But perhaps it could be Harry's friends Ron Weasley (12 to 1) or Hermione Granger (10 to 1)? Harry and Hermione shared their first kiss in the last novel - an experience that left the young wizard feeling "tingling and paralysed" - so her death would create rather a stir.

I think they used a Magic 8 Ball to get their odds.

Still more sites are reporting that book 6 is to be released next year, but we're 99% sure they are just assuming. We only can speculate at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rumor: Hasselhoff up for GOF role
    British tabloid The Mirror is reporting that American Baywatch star David Hasselhoff has been spending time mingling with cast and crew at Leavesden and may have been cast in his own role in the movie.

As always, believe this to be nothing more than a bad rumor until we have some sort of confirmation. (Thanks, WN.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HASSELHOFF WILL RUIN GOF IF IT IS TRUE! HE HAS NO POINT IN BEING IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also want to know who gets killed ;-; I hope it's not Hagrid or Ron or Hermione but it could be though....

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Now I know that there are more Potter-heads in our group.

Black 8ight wants to do a Slytherin Quidditch costume.

I haven't decided if I want to do a set of Gryffindor Quidditch robes or Puddlemere United.

Peter, you dig up any information about costuming for this? I know SithVixen has made a set of Gryffindor Quidditch robes. I haven't really started looking, except for the brooms for sale at Alivan's...

23. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    C'mon Bob...we can make the brooms....another workshop???

24. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Shoot, if we could do that, I'd be in...

I'm just trying to figure out how...

25. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    2'X 8' piece of wood....cut the Nimbus's shape out....and start sanding!