main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOS SW exhibit farewell.

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JEDIMASTER6872, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    in the event any of us have not seen the exhibit.. I just wanted to remind you that it LEAVES BOSTON at the end of this month..

I will be there the last day of it.. to say goodbye.. for now.. LOL
    I will be trooping in OHIO for that opening also .. lol

here is a pic from a recent troop at MOS for the costume groups..

[image=http://501neg.com/photos/albums/EventPhotos/2006/04/mos-ad/normal_DSC02826.jpg]

Anthony Daniels was nice and even chatted with us for a few.. before we went trooping the event.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Time is ticking for anyone like me who hasn't been out to see the exhibit yet. Hopefully I can get out there next weekend [face_praying].

3. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I plan on going the last weekend it is in town. I might hit it this weekend not sure yet need to figure out my work schedule. I might go when it is in OH that all depends on if I make it back home or not during the time it is there. Which it looks like I won't since it starts in June. I will probably hit it in Minneapolis before it goes world wide I have friends there still and make a trip every couple of yrs there.

4. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hello all!

I will finally be visiting the exhibit on Saturday and I can't wait!

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    OK... I'm a little confused about how the exhibit works, so hopefully someone can redirect me before the show leaves town.

Are they selling tickets based on the 30-minute intervals just to try and keep people moving in-and-out at a steady pace or is the exhibit based on some kind of timeline where you go in at 1:00 and leave at 2:00? Is it an open setup where you can walk around and check stuff out?

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    The 30-minute intervals is to keep people moving in and out. Once you get in there, you can stay as long as you want. When we went as a group I think we ended up spending around an hour and a half in there...and then another half hour in the gift shop.[face_laugh]

The floor plan is very open. You can follow the heards and do everything in order, or you can go through and pick and choose the order you want to see stuff or go back to the begining and start all over again. Be prepared for a bit of a wait to use any of the interactive stuff. There's also some sort of 'Robot Show' thing in there. The day we were all in there the wait for the Robot thingy was 45 minutes, so needless to say I skipped that.

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Cool, thanks Mike!

There aren't any tickets left for the Millenium Falcon this weekend, only 8:00pm or later for next Saturday, but there are some afternoon shows still available for next Sunday (the last day). There's plenty of morning ans afternoon times throughout the week however. I really don't want to go on the last day so I might leave work early Tuesday, go home to pick up the family and go then.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah that Millenium Falson ride sells out pretty quick.

9. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Ok... the Force was working against me this past weekend and I wasn't able to make it however, I have booked my tickets for the 29th at 4pm!

The apprentices are ecstatic and can't wait to go! I can't wait either... I really like the extended hours. With the kids, I am sure it will take a bit longer than 90 minutes to walk through. I want to make sure I don't miss anything either!

10. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I'll be there on the 30th trooping with the 501st :)

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I will be there the 28th during the day with my brother. He has wanted to see this since Nov when he was supposed to come out and I had to cancel to attend a funeral back in OH. I plan on going on the Falcon ride and seeing the movie about the Planets of SW.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I meant to ask anyone who was going if they could have picked me up a T-shirt. I didn't have the cash to get one when we were there last month. :(

Does anyone know if they're selling them in the main gift shop?

13. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I was there on Saturday and they didn't have much of anything left in the gift shoppe in the way of t-shirts.... I really wanted a "Where Science Meets Imagination" shirt but, they had none left!

We had a great time... spent about 4 hours in the exhibit! My kids had an awesome time and, if it was one of you, thank you for letting my son battle you with his light saber in the lobby... I hope he didn't cause too much harm! He was absolutely ecstatic... "Look, Mommy, Look... a REAL Storm Trooper"!! Awesome.

Ok, back to work Wifey goes... Have a great evening everyone!

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I went on Friday and it was pretty crowded. School kids were on trips to the museum so that made it a little rough.

But my brother and I had a great time took lots of photos.

15. spideyguy0

spideyguy0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Yeah, I was amazed how crowded it got this week. I'd never seen it like that on a regular week before. Looks like all the school groups were waiting around till the last week to check it out. On Thursday we got a bus of people from Canada who left home at 4:00 that morning and were going back right after seeing the exhibit.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah, the Museum and Aquarium are notoriously busy in the Spring. It seems that's when every elementary school in eastern MA decides to have their annual field trips to both of those locations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.