main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Meetups - SJFF meetings at opening night of a movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: San Jose, CA' started by Knight_Dilettante, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Anyone interesting in seeing if we could meet up and do a FanForce movie attendance thing? Either at opening nights or whenever would otherwise work out best? Coming up, in terms of opening nights of movies that I thought might have general appeal, we have:

2. Mission Impossible 3 this Friday 5/5

3. Poseidon Friday 5/12

4. The Da Vinci Code 5/19

5. X-Men3 5/26 (same as the first day of BayCon though)

6. I thought we could hit one of the big theaters in San Jose for these if that would be easiest for everyone else.

What say you?

KD

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    If I was closer, I'd go! :(

8. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    May is hell for us, prepping for Baycon and other projects, June is going to be a bit hectic as well, but we'll try to hop in sometime to help support you folks.

*tipshat*

9. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Ping and I might be up to meeting you for X-3, KD. She's flying in that weekend to visit. What's the closest theater to you?

10. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Ooooh that would be exciting! I'm closest to the Century theater in Mountain View. But I can do anything from Redwood City on down to any of the San Jose theaters (the San Jose Century is proported to be an extra good one for effects movies) as long as I have enough warning (a half day or so is plenty). Which one is best for you?

KD

11. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    San Jose's better since I'm actually in the mountains between Los Gatos and Scottsvalley... however, she rescheduled her flight for late sat... Hmm. I'll call her and get back to you.

12. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Sounds good. I'll make an announcement thread whenever we have a date and we can see who else we can get to come too.

KD

13. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    :confused: Um.. would monday be acceptable? A matinee at whichever century is playing it? Probably both 21 and 22.

14. Knight_Dilettante

Jul 24, 2002
    Sounds good. First matinee? I'll start a thread now and update it with the showtime and theater once I can find out where exactly it will be playing and what times and we can finalize the time and so one there.

KD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.