main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Movie RESCHEDULE: Feb 27th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    That way GForce and Mary can make it.

Meet up around 3 or 4ish to have lunch and then see the movie.

Vote for location

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    One day you guys should come downtown and catch something at LA Live! It's so amazing, a beautiful theater, all 4K digital projectors, and tons of food options around. I know that it's not convenient for anyone in the valley (I drive out to Burbank and beyond a lot), but just throwing it out there that sometime this year it'd be fun to have a get-together down in this area. I know everyone would enjoy the theater, at least, especially if it was in their premiere auditorium.

3. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Thanks for rescheduling SJ, it will be easier for me to attend as well.

4. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I think traffic is the main concern for others to drive to L.A. Live. I don't mind because I don't live too far from there, but others would have to carpool and since we all live spread out, it's a lot on gas as well.

5. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I would like to check out LA live sometime. I don't live that far from it but I never seem to go over there. Thanks for the idea.

So 27th is on for Wolfman, alright. So far the Arclight Hollywood is in the running. The time is fine I will be there. :D

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Traffic is great going to downtown at night, lol, that's one reason I live here! The worst traffic in all of LA is going to Hollywood in my experience (then again I don't like driving to a few of the beach communities either but that's more because of the parking), at any time, it's a nightmare. Day, night, middle of the night, weekends, I honestly avoid Hollywood at all costs ;) I use to go to film school there and had to drive daily, it was not fun, and now one of my friends lives in Hollywood so I go there sometimes, and am perpetually amazed how 9 p.m. Friday night or Saturday night the traffic is worse than rush-hour. Only city in the entire world probably like this. Normal cities have no traffic on weekend nights at all, but I guess here there are so many party people that it's crazy.

The worst part of LA Live is clearly the parking -- $5 even with validation is not very good, in my opinion. I live 2 blocks away so I don't really care but I have noticed. I would say the best idea is on non-event nights there is always street parking near my place just two blocks away, which is way better than paying $5, haha. I just went to see Edge of Darkness last night at LA Live, though, I'm getting a view of all the auditoriums slowly but surely, haha. It's such a cool theater, though. It's an expensive area in general as far as food prices, that is one concern, but Yard House has a great happy hour (10 to midnight Sunday through Wednesday besides the earlier 5 p.m. time or whatever) where you can get a pizza for $6, which is pretty great. So yeah if you guys ever do plan something down here at least I could make some suggestions to keep it lower cost and less hassle.

We are spoiled in LA with so many great theaters, though. It's not like this anywhere else that's for sure. Up in Portland Avatar was still selling out weeknight showings 8 hours in advance SIX WEEKS after opening at the IMAX 3-D theater because it was the only theater like that in the state, so everyone goes there basically. Here in LA, we have all of these gorgeous theaters, some old, some new, it's fun.

7. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    I should be good for the 27th but I don't think Mary is coming since she really isn't in to Horror Films!!!

8. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Sorry, guys, but I can't make it on the 27th if it's before five. I have class till 4 on Saturdays.

9. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    MZ, why don't you join us for the movie? I might have to do that myself.

10. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'll make the official thread once I know for sure there are screening times for Saturday.

11. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I can make it anytime, if later is better so more peps can go that's cool. It is Saturday night for crying out loud.

12. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    See the official meeting thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.