main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Tandeer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    I may be shot for saying this, and granted I'm still processing.... but I was less than impressed.

There were some really great scenes and awesome shots, but on the whole...*shrugs*

Perhaps I just need to see it again.... and again... and again... *L*

2. Jedisabre

Jedisabre Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    I saw it also and there is only one word to describe it. Awsome! I really liked it!

I am seeing it again on Saturday!

Woody

3. Calest_DaSule

Calest_DaSule Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2003
    I saw it last night as well and I wasn't that impressed. Maybe because I was so tired. Who knows. I guess I'll find out on Friday night when I watch it again.

Paul

4. pattwa_fett

pattwa_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    the movie was FREAKING amazing....I was FREAKING out. I was so impressed with the lightsaber duels and of course sad when ORDER 66 was dispatched. I am still trying to digest it all...SO GOOD...you guys won't believe how well it ties into a new hope. Got teary eyed at times also..from excitement and just awe. I LOVED it. Think it moved to #1 in my book even above...yes I know some will hate me...empire strikes back. See you guys at the movies this weekend.

5. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    I thought the movie on a whole was put together "better" than EP1 or EP2.

But, as a whole, i was also less than impressed of it as a story.

I felt the way they showed Anakin slipping to the dark side in the room with Sidious could have been done a lot better.

Also, the platform scene with Padame, Anakin and Obi could have been done alot better.

I wish Lucas had built up a better or closer relationship between Anakin and Padame maybe making his slip seem more significant.

Nice special effects, but to me that's not the whole movie. <shrugs>

Someone in the theater was telling our group that George cut out over an hour of footage to make it into the theater. I don't know if there is any truth to that or just hearsay.

Maybe he should have left it in. Maybe we will see it as an "extended version" on a DVD like LOTR.

Wait until the reviews hit the stands today. I bet a lot of fans will be surprised at the shallowness of a lot of details in the film from the crtics.

:)
    Todd
    DF

6. Calest_DaSule

Calest_DaSule Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2003
    Justin and I dressed up for the movie here in Gatesville. I was very surprised to see this movie theatre packed at MidNight. I counted five empty sits. Justin carried my Anikan lightsaber inside and everyone was amazed. Sunshine made an anouncement about the Drive in appearance to the whole crowd. Yes they let her give an announcement. How cool was that. They appluaded her. WOW!

Paul

7. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    I was surprized to see the line was pretty long already at the Cove theater when I left for Killeen the other night. Not the best facility to see a show in. Guess the $3.oo ticket price PLUS no long drive to Killeen helped that a bit. *L*

I thought we were all nuts for the midnight showing, but my son went at 3AM Thursday morning in Austin! *L* Must be nice not to have to be someplace early in the morning! *L*

Anyways... looking forward to seeing folks tomorrow night after the wedding and again on Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.