main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Multi - Fandom] The NSWFF Plot Bunny Adoption Thread.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Juliet316, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    This is the all new - Mod approved NSWFF version of the Plot Bunny Adoption thread currently run by Jade_Max in the SW Resource forum. Basically if you have a plot bunny idea and you either do not have time to write it or do not feel like you can write it, just post it here and perhaps some writer who may have an inspiration from the idea can adopt it, feed it, and give it a good home. When the idea becomes a full - fledged fic (Either one shot or series) on the Fanfic board the adoptee will then edit or add a post putting a link to whatever story comes from the plot so the original poster of the idea and/or the general populace can read and enjoy the work that comes from the adopted bunny.

As for how many can take an idea at a time... I'll leave that up to the author that posts their bunnies. Some will prefer to have just one person adopt their ideas and some are okay with having more than one author do their own takes on their ideas. Me? I happen to fall in the latter category. What fun is it if more than one person can't do their own take on the same idea? Sometimes I even end up writing the ideas i post as challenges/bunnies myself!

Only one rule:

1. Do not post ideas that are from fandoms on the Disallowed works List. That includes any crossover ideas that might involve any banned fandoms/authors. The last thing we need is for this forum to be shut down because somebody like Anne Rice stumbles onto a plot idea posted by accident and goes crazy with the C&D orders like she has in the past. Please look over the list before posting any bunnies. These authors/corporations have their reasons for not wanting fan derived writings of their works, so let's respect them, okay?

At the moment there will be no index or hutch for the bunnies as there is in the SW bunny thread. If we get a lot of bunnies and/or authors taking the bunnies the idea of an index maybe revisited at a later date. For now the bunnies will intermix with each other in open pens.

And with that the Adoption thread is now open for drop offs and adoptions!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2019
  2. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And I'll start us off with a very simple bunny:

Plot Bunny #1:

Stargate SG - 1: What if Teal'c had allowed the guard to shoot Jack in Children of the Gods?

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Plot Bunny #2:

Harry Potter:
    How did Ron propose?

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Plot Bunny #3

In Prisoner of Azkaban, Trelawney predicts Harry's death and technically in Book 7, he dies, but comes back to life. Write a vignette about another one of her prophecies. What inspired this was the thought that maybe the next year, Colin Creevey was the one "targeted" by Trelawney's obsession with the Grim. Maybe she wasn't such a crackpot after all.

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Plot Bunny #4

LOST: What if Jack and Locke were captured by the Others, escaped, and were chased through the Jungle by Smokey. Oh yeah, they are handcuffed together.

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Transformers: Rewrite Beast Wars with Rattrap as a female. Like rewrite everything, every episode, plus all the downtime. And she has to eventually wind up with Dinobot in a manner similar to Han/Leia.

7. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Harry Potter plot bunnies

Diana has always been your normal, average kid, and she likes it that way. When she gets a letter in the mail from Hogwarts, she finds out that her dad, an apparently ordinary man with an ordinary job as a mechanic, is a wizard. Follow their story as her dad deals with the past that he thought he left behind and as they thoroughly convince the wizarding world to respect Diana's decision to attend a normal junior high rather than train her magical talents. All this, while her mom's totally oblivious to even magic's existence.

Also a Harry Potter bunny:

Most Hogwarts graduates go on to work in the wizarding world, but one young woman, who's extremely curious about the Muggle world, decides to attend college instead. Things get quite funny as the girl who doesn't know much of the nonmagical world tries to conceal her magical abilities from all the oblivious muggles around her, especially her new roommate.

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Wow, there certainly are a lot of new story ideas. :D

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    you can thank my roomie for reminding me to put it up by reading HP fanfics and simultaneously playing an HP game on her comps

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
  11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    and another HP bunny... why do I come up with a huge lot of them whenever I've work to do?

The Malfoys had a girl instead of a boy. Though tradition demands a male heir, Narcissa's systems were so ripped up after this first birth that they had to stop after having Ursa. Since she's a rather pretty girl, she gets to live a pretty sheltered life that revolves mostly around her Slytherin sisters, Pansy Parkinson and the Greengrasses, and their shopping habits, until she's forced to marry Lord Voldemort to pay for Lucius's mistakes. In a rather rash act of desperation to save one of the best friends she's ever known, Daphne Greengrass mobilizes the Slytherin clique, particularly Ursa, to spy on Voldemort for Harry and his gang, in hopes of cutting short the dreaded marriage by killing the dark lord. One problem: Malfoy and Parkinson, as much as they want to get Ursa out of the marriage, utterly cannot get along with Hermione and Ginny.

and now a house one as well:

twenty-three years after the TV show, a young Helena Cuddy, who's just graduated college, is touring the US as an increasingly popular singer. She thinks that she's escaped from the medical world and with it, her mother's rather large shadow. She also thinks that just because she never remembered a father, the other parent simply never mattered. She was, after all, born artifically, right? That's until she gets badly burned in a pyrotechnics accident during a concert and winds up under House's care. She tries to tell herself that the familiar-looking, cranky House didn't actually sleep with her mother. She tries to tell herself that he doesn't matter. She tries to believe that she's created artificially. She tries to tell herself that her mother moved out of the US to get into international medical regulations solely for the sake of ambition. She tries to tell herself that the rather interesting, and cranky old doctor who looks an awful lot like her is nothing more to her than material for her next album. But how long will her beliefs stand when House is overseeing her treatment and out to confront her mother?

12. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    In Wizard Heir, Linda Downey announces to the room that Seph is Leander Hasting's and her son. Write the reaction of someone in that room. I'd love to see it from Jack or Ellen's POV, but even one of the members of the Roses would be interesting. I can just imagine how thrilled Dr. Longbranch or Wylie would be to learn that their nemesis has a son...

Or, write about Linda breaking it to Becca. Or how the rest of Trinity found out. It's got to be pretty big, learning that your sister has a seventeen year-old son you never knew about. I was pretty disappointed that it never even got mentioned in Dragon Heir, except for one line about Linda dating Ross Childers before she and Hastings were public knowledge, or a remark about Linda's parenting skills of Jason and Seph.

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    back with another one:

Harry Potter
    Sirius Black, while on the run and hiding from teh wizard authorities under his usual doggy guise, is mistaken for a stray and picked up by the humane society. If he doesn't get adopted in 3 days, they'll euthanize him. Write the story from there. I'd prefer to see a canon-compliant version.

another HP one:

Write an AU of what would have happened if Petunia got her wish and went to Hogwarts with her sister. As a child, she was a bit lonely and wanted friends, and so the hat put her in Hufflepuff. When Lily came, she asked to join her sister, and so she became a Puffie as well. Write the following series of scenes:

Year 1: Tunie gets really lonely and sad without her little sister at her side.
    Year 2: You choose
    Year 3: include a very sweet sisterly reunion and celebration of the two being sorted into teh same house.
    Years 4-6: Show how life changes for muggleborns as Voldy continues to rise. Also show how Tunie's slightly jealous that her sister's smarter and more talented, but still loves Lily, unlike in canon.
    Year 7: Lily's made prefect, show the Snape scene with a different outcome. Lily's from a different house, and so she really doesn't know the Marauders all that much at all. In fact, she doesn't know a single thing about these boyz.
    Year 8: While Petunia appreciated the opportunity to experience life as a witch, the merciless bullying from the pureblood supremists and threat of Voldemort sent her into a self-imposed exile into Muggle London, where she's adjusting to life in a relatively unknown college.
    Year 9: Continue to showcase Petunia's college life, her new Muggle boyfriend, and her attempts to forget the magic that once made her happy. Lily doesn't fall for James because of Tunie's very low opinion of him but can't find anyone else that she really likes, so she graduates single. For the ultimate safety of her sister and boyfriend, Lily tearfully decided not to become an Auror and join the Order of the Phoenix, despite desperately wanting to fight for what she believed in.

Afterwards: When Petunia eventually got married and had her first child, both sisters fled to either Australia or the U.S. for the sake of Tunie's new family. With no Harry to stop Voldy, Europe is left in shambles. Show a bittersweet ending where the sisters and their parents are still close and all alive, but where Lily also regrets not fighting at the front line and tries to convince herself that it was a good idea to sacrifice her dreams and magic for the sake of her family.

and one more:

Title: The Black Rose
    Note from plot bunny giver: When I searched, I found quite a bit about the dynamics between Bella, Andy, and Cissy and their Black cousins, but nothing on their possible maternal relationship to the Rosiers, and so want to portray Evan as an equal to Regulus when it comes to cousinly attention from at least one of the Black girls.
    Summary: Blonde hair, blue eyes, the feminized version of the name of maternal uncle Narcissus, who died in an accident. Despite the Black name, Narcissa and her traits were Rosier through and through, down to the point of carrying roses around all the time---the only difference: hers were black while the the Rosiers typically carried red and white. She was originally one flower of an infamous trine, and happy with the fearsome reputation that they held as the most fearsome flowers of all of Hogwarts. While the perfect flowerbed continued to thrive for a short while after the first joined the flowers of France after marrying a Lestrange, it was reduced to shambles after Ted Tonks finally succeeded in trimming the thorns off of her remaining companion. Now it's up to Narcissa, the supposed rosiest of the Rosiers, to recover the patch's reputation by finding and winning over Hogwart's most respectable, rich, and pureblooded male while shielding her favorite kid cousin, Evan, from the shame that now besmirched their family. And she doesn't know what's worse: her female rivals for male attention, or prefec

14. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    For those who have seen Wicked! The musical

What would have happened if Elphaba had accepted the Wizards offer when she returned to free the monkeys?
    whether a one shot or epic it should cover the effect on the lives of everyone dear to her. Glinda, Fiero, Nessarose, Boq, Father, Dr Dillamond, Morrible, The Wizard.

Just PM me if you plan to do it, it's open to all.

15. Anakin21

Anakin21 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2008
    Tudors(From Show Time)-

1: Doesn't matter with which pregnancy it is, (as long as it's not with Elizabeth) Anne get help in time to save the baby.
    1- Anne/Henry.
    2-Jane Seymour is not a factor, Henry and Anne do begining to "drift" apart, but when Anne almost miscarries and as a result is in poor health, Henry realizes how much he still cares for and love her.
    3-Baby is born(boy) and doesn't die.
    4-Anne's father blames Anne for the almost miscarriage.

2:Someone tries to assasinate Anne.
    1-They don't succeed, she is either injured or very sick though as a result of the method.
    2-Anne/Henry.
    3-They are married, you can decide if they have had Elizabeth yet, or just another child all together.

3:While on a break, riding horses in the country side their is an accident.
    1- Anne is either riding by herself and somehow falls off, or she is riding with someone(Henry or her brother George) and is "flung" off, for lack of a better word.
    2-Anne/Henry.
    3-Before their married in the process of getting the annulment.Or if it's after Anne is pregnant with first or second child(you decide).
    4- She and Henry do know that she is pregnant.
    5-She does NOT miscarry.

4:Anne is unknowingly carrying a child, but after a she becomes ill......
    1-She doesn't know that she is pregnant.
    2-In season 2, she and Henry are married.
    3-Instead of the sweating sickness happening in season 1, its in season 2.
    4-She doesn't die.

16. Anakin21

Anakin21 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2008
    More ideas...WHOO-WHO!

This time there not for The Tudors, but for that movie on lifetime Prayers for Bobby.

~In the beggining when Bobby thought of taking the asprin and he couldn't do it...., what if he actually did end up taking the asprin? What would happen?~

~1~Ed is still the one who finds Bobby after he's taken all the asprin.
    ~2~Bobby does live, he gets help before the asprin can actually kill him.
    ~3~Does he still tell Ed that he's gay, or does he keep it to himself?
    ~4~If he does tell Ed, and Ed tells their mom, does she react the same way after everything that has already heppened?
    ~5~Could be an eventual Bobby/David fic if you want.

~When Bobby jumps off the bridge, What if it doesn't actually kill him and he lives? What would happen?~

~6~Does Bobby's mom still finally accept Bobby for who he is and understands that he can't be cured?
    ~7~How does Bobby's family act overall?
    ~8~What does David think of Bobby trying to kill himself?
    ~9~Just because Bobby doesn't die when he jumps off the bridge doesn't mean something else doesn't happen either. So just how badly did the fall hurt him? Can he remember anything?

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Upped(as thread creator) to see if anybody needs any bunnies dropped off to be adopted.

18. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Plot Bunny #22
    [Law & Order: Special Victims Unit]
    Amelia Chase (from "Ridicule") is Casey Novak's estranged sister. Perhaps she tries to contact Casey from prison, maybe while Casey has her license suspended. Background: Amelia Chase and Casey Novak are played by the same actress.

Plot Bunny #23
    [Law & Order: Special Victim's Unit]
    Vivian (from "Trophy") is in fact Olivia Benson's half-sister. (She would be such a much cooler sibling than Simon!) Maybe she could even have her own avenging angel spin-off. Background: Vivian and Olivia (Viv and Liv) both have unknown fathers who assaulted their mothers.

Plot Bunny #24
    [TURN: Washington's Spies]
    Send My Love.... Whenever I hear "Send My Love (to Your New Lover)" by Adele I think of Anna/Abe. Once I mentioned to my dad that the song made me think of TURN, he jokingly responded, "Oh, you mean Washington and Benedict Arnold?" There's a plot bunny in there somewhere, though I haven't quite teased it out (and it risks getting into a very weird area!). I'm thinking something along the lines of a series of (unsent) letters that at first appear to be from Anna to Abe, but it turns out are from Washington to Benedict Arnold, expressing his deep disappointment that his former friend and comrade has betrayed America.

Plot Bunny #25
    [The Hunger Games] (Shades of Atonement) I thought of this during the Fanfic Olympics Alternate Ending Challenge a few years ago. The team ended up going in a different direction, but I think this idea might still have potential. After the ending of the Hunger Games, there is an addendum, written by Katniss. This addendum makes clear that the prior novel is a work of fiction - that in fact Katniss did not (or was not allowed to) volunteer in Primrose's place. Primrose went to the Hunger Games and died early. Nothing has changed with the games, life continues as always.

3-19-18 Edited to Add: I suppose there could be plot bunnies for continuing the story of almost every guest star on SVU (and a lot of other tv shows too), so I'm not going to add plot bunnies for every episode, just one more for now because I feel like it has the potential to be really adorable.

Plot Bunny #26
    [Law & Order: Special Victim's Unit]
    Captain Cragen becomes a mentor (or maybe even a foster parent) to Glenn (from "Care"). Background: Cragen discovers he has a knack for video games when Glenn, who is obsessed with a video game, is suspected of murder. Turns out Glenn is much more hero than villain, but despite this he ends up in foster care with an uncertain future.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  19. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Spoilers for Avengers: Infinity War!
    You...
    have...
    been...
    warned.

I may adopt my own bunny, eventually, but this idea struck me after seeing Avengers: Infinity War.

Write a vignette that captures the thoughts of Tony Stark in the wake of Thanos' one half action. He is alone. He is devastated. He is...?

teamhansolo likes this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some Marvel Bunnies

An AU/crossover/fusion(?) idea based on the end of Avengers Civil War and the X-men First Class movies

Cap's friends are still on Raft (the prison) when they are visited by Secretary of State Thunderbolt Ross who begun tell them that the Avengers was not U.S.government's first attempt to a team of super powered agents: that during the 60's CIA created a team to stop a mad superhuman who planed to start WWIII, they stopped him but was then betrayed by their own government, surviving the betrayer they went underground and become X-Men (a play on G-men). Ross then tell them some of the stuff the government think the X-men has been involved with (I suggest more things then just the stuff in Days of Future Past, and Apocalypse).

During Ross' talk there should be some snarky comments from the prisoners and probably some comments from Black Widow on what the Russian gov. know about some of the stuff Ross talk about.

At the end of his speces I suggest that one of the prisoners ask why he told them all this to which Ross answer that because he was wondering if they now was interested in stopping being G-men and becoming X-men as his[her] eyes turn yellow and skin becomes blue.

--------------------------------

Some old bunnies that are fusions of manga concepts and Marvel characters:

[X-Men + Magical Girls]
    Kitty Pryde is your ordinary Jewish high school computer nerd who one day finds a small, purple dragon in her bedroom. The dragon, who introduce himself as Lockheed, informs her that she is a champion of tolerance and justice and gives her a magical medallion that transform her into an magical girl.

Now she has fight against evil and intolerance and find the other champions, all the while trying to have time for homework, keep a social life and crushing on her best friend’s hunky big brother Pietro [Colossus].

-x-x-

[Spider-Man + Ninja + supernatural harem]
    Peter Parker tries to be just another ordinary high school nerd but it is not easy when you are a half Jorōgumo and the heir the Scarlet Spider ninjutsu school.

Things are not made easier by that Mary-Jane, his crush from way back, is the heiress to the Tiger Kung-Fu school that is the Parker’s self defence dojo’s main rival. And there is a black and sexy Nekomata running around stealing things, and the ghost of Gwen Stacy, a girl who went to his school before she died and now follow him because he can see her and they share the same interest in science. There is also Betty Brant, the head of the newspaper club and Glory Grant, the clubs secretary who both wants Peter to take pictures for the school paper.

Then there is the evil Black Tarantula ninja clan…
    [I can see uncle Ben being alive in this kind of story since manga heroes don't need that kind of motivation to do their stuff]

-x-x-

[X-Men + supernatural shōnen]
    A long, long time ago the demon realm Limbo was ruled by a queen as evil as she was powerful but for all her power she was brought down by a combination of valiant heroes and her underlings treachery. With her dying breath the queen swore that she would return.

All this is explained to normal high school girl Illyana Rasputina as she has just been saved from a demon by her teacher, Ororo. She also explain that Illyana is the Darkchild, the evil queen reborn and that the queen’s former subjects and all manner of monster hunters will now come and try to slay her before she come into her power.

With her dark magical power growing Illyana have to work hard to master them, stay alive and keep up with her school work and social life. At least the reveals that Ororo is witch and Kitty, her best friend, is wearcat and on her side will help with it.

--------------------------------

Also, @Juliet316 I think you need to update the OP

Mira_Jade , Juliet316 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Already done! Thanks to @Mira_Jade for updating the OP!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Gamiel and Mira_Jade like this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some more Marvel Bunnies

* Captain America search up all the soldiers he fought together with during WWII, visiting the ones who are alive and visiting the graves and/or family of the ones who are dead.

* the Exiles arrive in a reality an the Tallus tells them: “The Inhuman exile-prince Maximus the Mad release all the terrigan mist into the air where it now billows as cloudbanks that travel across the lands. People that are caught in the cloud is affected in different ways depending on their genetics: most just feel a bit uncomfortable, others mutated in the same way Inhumans do but for some exposer is deadly. The third group is mostly made up by people with the x-gen. Because of social and religious reasons so do the Inhumans prevent any attempt to destroy or transmutat the cloud. They don’t know or are unwilling to understand how dangerous the cloud is and do try to evacuate all mutants in areas that are about to be hit but there have been causalities. Among them is Scott Summer a.k.a. Cyclops.
    To stop the terrigan cloud the organised mutants, led by Jean Grey-Summers a.k.a. Marvel Woman, have declared war against the Inhumans. What they don’t understand is that Marvel Woman, who has been under lots of stress, took her husbands dead hard and don’t just plan to stop the cloud but also take revenge on the Inhumans.
    Your mission is to stop the two sides from killing each other.”

* Movie Shuri meeting Forge (from the X-Men) and being extremely irritated that he instinctively is able to figure out what all her stuff dose and is also able to work with them and jury-rig them into other system as easy as that.

* A bunny inspired by the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer: Nick Fury pilots (is that the right word) Spider-Man through Venice to his secret base there, as they jump of the ship a female voice say something like "you most be getting sloppy in your old days Nick. Ones I would have to work harder to find you" and a Italian women in Nick's age walk out of the shadow flanked by people in S.H.I.E.L.D. like uniforms. Nick present her to SM as countess Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine [Nick's love interest and second/third in command of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the comic], director of EuroMind's Italian division and then explain that EuroMind is like EU's S.H.I.E.L.D. before asking what she wants with him [I suggest that Fury and de la Fontaine should be practically flirting with each other]. De la Fontaine explain that they need help with something [I cant come up with what probably HYDRA, supervillain/s or similar] also they don't want American super vigilantes running around unsupervised. A possibility could be that de la Fontaine also has an Italian superhero [if anybody are interested so can I link to some that I know of] of her own to help with the mission.

* Another bunny inspired by the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer: Jessica Drew, Spider-Woman, is British and it could be a fun idea if she is an active superhero in the UK when Peter's class is visting leading to all the reporters asking what Spider-Man's relation to her is. Alternative so could she have been active since before Peter was and he is called an American knockoff by all the britts and the newspapers

23. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    If the link works...

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Funny but I don't see the plot bunny

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    A lot of NSWFF fics these days, seem to be going for domestic scenery, so as I watched this, I thought a couple arguing over something like dishwasher ettiquette, would fit into those bills.

*shrugs*

Tarsier likes this.